“Clean room, comfy bed, free food and a great price!”
Review of Park Tower Inn

Park Tower Inn
Ranked #31 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Clean room, comfy bed, free food and a great price!”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We have stayed @ Park Tower Inn before and had a good stay except for the ROCK HARD beds. This trip I searched for another motel, reading HORRIBLE reviews of every motel in my price range. I decided to rebook @ PTI thinking, "better the evil you know..." but I had read that the 6th floor had been renovated with new mattresses. I reserved,online, a double queen and asked, if possible, for a renovated room.

We were pleased at check-in when the friendly desk clerks gave us keys to a room on the 6th floor! Our room was sparkling clean with the only odor being a hint of bathroom disinfectant. The beds were made with nicer than usual sheets, a cushy pillow-top mattress cover and a down comforter. I slept on top of the comforter for extra relief to my arthritic bones! My only request would have been for an extra blanket between the sheet and comforter. I'm sure the desk would have provided one if I'd asked. I slept very well after an extremely exhausting day of walking!

Although we did not get to use the pool-hot tub-lazy river this trip, we were given pool towels at check-in and our room was well stocked with bath towels. Our room was quiet and I never heard a sound from any other guest. This was also on a weekend ending our Spring Break so the hotel was pretty well booked.

We had eaten the free breakfast at PTI previously but were pleased with the addition of waffle makers. Of course there was a line for waffles and it was very crowded in the breakfast room. The staff however was very helpful and quickly refilled items as they were emptied. There was also a canned tropical fruit cocktail (we brought fresh fruit with us!), bagels, toast, 3 dry cereals, instant grits/oatmeal and biscuits & gravy. I had read many comments about cold hard biscuits. These are the same precooked, shelf stable tray biscuits sold at wholesale clubs such as Sam's Club. They are meant to be heated before serving and a couple of seconds in the microwave made all the difference. The gravy was instant but I've had the same in "Country Cookin" restaurants! Overall a filling breakfast which satisfied my belly and my wallet.

I will not waste my time searching for hotels in Pigeon Forge next time, just book at Park Tower Inn with confidence. A clean, comfortable room at a great price. Thanks Park Tower Inn!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room!
2 Thank Leigh H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Marion, Virginia
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Yes the hotel is very clean, the room was very nice with hot tub and fireplace, perfect view of the Sky Wheel from our balcony! The pool was nice and the lazy river was fun. But...it was the hardest bed we have ever slept on! Oh my word no sleep all night it was soooo uncomfortable! We probably would have been better off sleeping on the floor! And serving frozen biscuits is not considered breakfast. It's like the breakfast looked appealing but tasted awful. Thanks for the cleanliness though.

Room Tip: Ask about comfy beds first! The fireplaces are wonderful!
2 Thank Leann N
Acworth, Georgia
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Once again this hotel was clean and just perfect for a weekend getaway. They have a continental breakfast, but we always go out since that is one of the reasons we like going to the mountains, so can not review that option. But, we did use the indoor pool, which this time I thought was very crowded at 10:00pm at night, but we were able to play around and have fun in it, just lots of teens running around with no supervision, so I watched my children(not teens), even closer than usual. This would be the only negative if I had to choose one. Very clean rooms and great rates. If you want the Hampton or Hilton then go there, but if you want the basic amenities for a relaxing weekend stay, then this is your place. One more thing we noticed was that there was a lot of people standing around the hotel smoking, both guests and employees. It does not bother me, but it does my wife that every time you step out of the hotel or on the balcony, you may be overcome by cigarette smoke. Just a warning.....for other non smokers, like us.

Room Tip: Corner rooms seem quieter
1 Thank Tom D
Peebles, Ohio, United States
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Older motel, but well maintained. Kudos to the housekeeping staff, my room was outstanding Clean and well stocked. Had a Jacuzzi room with fireplace. Everything worked flawlessly. Definitely a good value. Only complaint: the towels could use a bit of fabric softener!

Room Tip: One block from the Parkway, so noise is not normally a problem. If it was a car show weekend, I'...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Danny S
Dry Ridge, Kentucky
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Checked in here for a last minute extension to our trip, the rates were great, truly an awesome value. The indoor pool and lazy river were fantastic, and open late, until 2AM. Room's were clean and very spacious, with some great local artwork on the walls. Beds were fantastic, some of the best sleep I've had in a while. Would definitely recommend! Will check this place out again, next time I'm in town! Great stay!

Room Tip: Request a 6th floor room on the back side, GREAT mountain views!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank dmille_ky244
familylovestotravel
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Don't be fooled by the dated outside of this hotel. Updated modern rooms, flat screen tv, and a comfy bed. I don't offer stay at what I would call a budget hotel but this one was very good. It would be a very reasonable place for a great family vacation.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Lochgelly
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Very nice. We stayed in a 2 bedroom with friends on Feb. 8th. The first time I had stayed in this hotel. The only problem was I had to leave too soon. It was reasonably priced and included breakfast. It also had a lazy river that your children would enjoy.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends