“Nothing special”

Ranked #26 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Kentucky
“Nothing special”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We had been wanting to stay here based on pictures and reviews. Disappointed with the price and the room compared to others we've stayed at on the strip. The bathroom and vanity area floors needed a lot more attention. The water pressure in shower wasn't good. The pros were: strong internet, nice towels, quiet night's sleep in the south building, lots of pillows.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Lynn60

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Our family spent spring break here, and will certainly stay again ASAP. The room was perfect, as was the staff and service. The attractions we wanted to see were nearby. In particular, the staff were very helpful and generous with recommendations of additional attractions which might interest us. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Fairley W
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed April 7, 2014

First off, let me say that I was very pleasantly surprised by our stay at Willow Brook. The room was great with an awesome view (4th floor overlooking the pool with the mountains in the background), a much better than anticipated breakfast and nice comfy beds. We had only a small bad experience, which I hope management corrects. We stopped off in Pigeon Forge on our way back from Spring Break in Florida last Friday, April 4. We had no reservations, but saw that Willow Brook had their vacancy sign on, so we looked on the internet (their site) and found a two queen room with a manager's special of $89.95. Instead of booking that room, I thought I would go inside and ask to see what was available. The very rude person working said nothing was available. I explained that I just saw rooms available on their website, but she cut me off, and again said no rooms available. I went outside, got on their website, and made a reservation for the room I found. As I went back inside to check in (and tell her she was wrong), she had another customer checking in. She clearly stated so I could hear, "let me reserve that room before someone else tries to get it." Really?? Luckily, another front desk person came up to check me in as our original helper (LOL) quickly went to the back. My wife tells me it was because I was wearing a UK hat in Tennessee, but the hotel will get a bad name with such sorry service in a service industry if they keep employees with her attitude.

Room Tip: Get something higher like the 4th or 5th floor on the left of the hotel as you face it. Great view...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Dan W
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I just left this hotel this morning and thought I would leave a review. Internet-absolutely the worst I've seen in the area, the manager had to constantly reboot the router. Very expensive for an old motel style hotel. I had one of the front rooms with the balcony, very overpriced. The room was large and clean except for a small bee hive sitting on the bench right inside the door. The furniture looks original to the property with new quartz tops, didn't do anything for me. For my money a luxury 2 bedroom cabin with over 2000 sq. ft. for $15 dollars more would be a much better value especially with all the screaming kids on spring break.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank mtnbound54
cross hill
Reviewed March 24, 2014

the rooms was very clean and nice.. the beds was awesome as was the pillows,big and fluffy..they had a great breakfast.had eggs,gravy biscuits,bagels,toast,oat meal, grits,doughnuts,cereal,milk,orange juice,pineapple orange juice..indoor and outdoor pool..great prices!!! already made reservations for the summer....

Room Tip: they have pool side, pool view,highway view,parkin lot view..i'd pick the highway view its the b...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank robert b
Oxford, Georgia
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We've been to Pigeon Forge several times over the years but this was the first time we stayed at the Willow Brook Lodge. Our room was obviously remodeled. We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa. My 10 year old son had the sleeper sofa and he stated the mattress wasn't comfortable so he slept on the actually sofa. I didn't try it out myself. The room did have a microwave and a fridge that was awkwardly placed. Both were by the vanity which is also where you hung your coats. I had to move all the coats to get to the fridge every single time that I wanted to get into it. Not a big thing but frustrating since we stayed for 5 nights and it was during a snow storm so I had to hang our coats up to dry off. The room was very clean except I could tell that the carpet was due to be either deep cleaned or replaced. But our white socks didn't turn dingy from the carpet so maybe it's just the appearance of it. We thought the beds were comfortable and got better sleep than we do at home. We loved the indoor pool and hot tub. The pool area was clean and there are pool towels for your use. I personally loved how you could see the river from the windows of the pool area. The staff was great and housekeeping was at our door every morning at 10 am. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 5, 2014

First of all, my room was spectacular, a King bed with flat screen, couch, desk, microwave and fridge at a reasonable price. The room has obviously been recently remodeled and was in great shape. My room was motor inn style with no balcony (only door opens outside) which they can't help but it was a bit inconvenient when trekking to breakfast in ice and snow. But as I said, not much they can do about that.

There are some opportunities for improvement.

It is really nice they offer a hot breakfast with biscuits, gravy, oatmeal, toast, etc. They do have scrambled eggs which were flat, breakfast sandwich style and hard boiled eggs as well. But, no protein. If I were improving, I'd add sausage links or bacon or both and do a true scrambled egg and bam! another bubble.

I booked this trip based on the close proximity to the new LeConte convention center. I could quite literally make a snowball and hit it from just outside my room, yet it's about a 20 minute walk to get there. If I were the owner, I'd be working with my neighbors and the city to install a foot bridge across the river. To be fair, they were very up front in their advertising about their location. I mention it here for information and to pass it on to management. No bubbles deducted.

Room Tip: My room was on the 2nd floor of the south lodge.. Not sure what the north lodge is like
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends