“Okay, nothing special, very expensive”
Review of Willow Brook Lodge

Willow Brook Lodge
Ranked #24 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Charlotte, NC
“Okay, nothing special, very expensive”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I just left this hotel this morning and thought I would leave a review. Internet-absolutely the worst I've seen in the area, the manager had to constantly reboot the router. Very expensive for an old motel style hotel. I had one of the front rooms with the balcony, very overpriced. The room was large and clean except for a small bee hive sitting on the bench right inside the door. The furniture looks original to the property with new quartz tops, didn't do anything for me. For my money a luxury 2 bedroom cabin with over 2000 sq. ft. for $15 dollars more would be a much better value especially with all the screaming kids on spring break.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank mtnbound54

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
cross hill
Reviewed March 24, 2014

the rooms was very clean and nice.. the beds was awesome as was the pillows,big and fluffy..they had a great breakfast.had eggs,gravy biscuits,bagels,toast,oat meal, grits,doughnuts,cereal,milk,orange juice,pineapple orange juice..indoor and outdoor pool..great prices!!! already made reservations for the summer....

Room Tip: they have pool side, pool view,highway view,parkin lot view..i'd pick the highway view its the b...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank robert b
Oxford, Georgia
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We've been to Pigeon Forge several times over the years but this was the first time we stayed at the Willow Brook Lodge. Our room was obviously remodeled. We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa. My 10 year old son had the sleeper sofa and he stated the mattress wasn't comfortable so he slept on the actually sofa. I didn't try it out myself. The room did have a microwave and a fridge that was awkwardly placed. Both were by the vanity which is also where you hung your coats. I had to move all the coats to get to the fridge every single time that I wanted to get into it. Not a big thing but frustrating since we stayed for 5 nights and it was during a snow storm so I had to hang our coats up to dry off. The room was very clean except I could tell that the carpet was due to be either deep cleaned or replaced. But our white socks didn't turn dingy from the carpet so maybe it's just the appearance of it. We thought the beds were comfortable and got better sleep than we do at home. We loved the indoor pool and hot tub. The pool area was clean and there are pool towels for your use. I personally loved how you could see the river from the windows of the pool area. The staff was great and housekeeping was at our door every morning at 10 am. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 5, 2014

First of all, my room was spectacular, a King bed with flat screen, couch, desk, microwave and fridge at a reasonable price. The room has obviously been recently remodeled and was in great shape. My room was motor inn style with no balcony (only door opens outside) which they can't help but it was a bit inconvenient when trekking to breakfast in ice and snow. But as I said, not much they can do about that.

There are some opportunities for improvement.

It is really nice they offer a hot breakfast with biscuits, gravy, oatmeal, toast, etc. They do have scrambled eggs which were flat, breakfast sandwich style and hard boiled eggs as well. But, no protein. If I were improving, I'd add sausage links or bacon or both and do a true scrambled egg and bam! another bubble.

I booked this trip based on the close proximity to the new LeConte convention center. I could quite literally make a snowball and hit it from just outside my room, yet it's about a 20 minute walk to get there. If I were the owner, I'd be working with my neighbors and the city to install a foot bridge across the river. To be fair, they were very up front in their advertising about their location. I mention it here for information and to pass it on to management. No bubbles deducted.

Room Tip: My room was on the 2nd floor of the south lodge.. Not sure what the north lodge is like
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank bryanyoung
Batavia, Ohio
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Stayed here over Thanksgiving 2013. The staff and hotel were top notch as usual. This was our 4th time staying at this wonderful hotel right in the middle of everything in Pigeon Forge. The indoor pool was great, the rooms were clean and the price was right! The staff are some of the most decent, friendliest folks you will ever meet and will go out of their way to make sure your stay is great. I cannot honestly say one bad thing about this hotel other than if you don`t stay here you are making a mistake.

Room Tip: If you come in the Summertime. Stay in the front building closest to the street. That way you are ri...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Scott M
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 20, 2014

my wife and 2 kids and I always stay,d at willow brook we have been there 8 times. we stay 2 weeks some times we go there 3 times a year. all the staff members are very nice and friendly and they always help when you need it. they always have time to talk to everybody that comes in. even just for a cup of coffee . best place in pigeon forge tn. rooms are very clean never dirty pool are clean the grounds are always kept up and looking good and taking care of. in a nut shell . no place beats Willow Brook. Tom T.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank thomas t
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed at this Hotel for several years on New Years. Nice staff, several different rooms to choose from, and good breakfast every morning. Right on the main road, and several restaurants located near hotel. Staff very friendly and accommodating. Will continue to stay at this location for years to come.

Room Tip: Stayed in most of the room types, but favorite was room with king size bed and hot tub.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple