“Excellent Stay!”
Review of Maples Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pigeon Forge
Maples Motor Inn
Ranked #4 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I had a great stay at Maples. They are right on the parkway in the middle of everything. The room was comfortable, and most importantly, it was the cleanest motel I've ever stayed in! Our room had a large flat panel TV, microwave, and mini fridge. The bathroom was on the smaller side, but nothing that was a big problem. And, I'll take small and spotlessly clean any day! The sink and vanity is actually right outside of the toilet and shower area which was very convenient. The rooms are a good size, and the value can't be beat. Each of the staff that we dealt with were exceptionally friendly and helpful. You can tell that they take pride in this place. This was our first stay at Maples, but it definitely won't be our last. We are planning on making this our go to place in Pigeon Forge.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank mana4
jack and robin m, Owner at Maples Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

thank you, mana. yes, we do take great pride in our business. i'm sure this is also true for excellent managers of corporate motels, but this is our family business. Robin and I would never want to disappoint my eighty-year old mom Sue, who put 24 years of sweat into building the motel. the business model she and my dad developed was nothing but common sense: clean rooms, fair price, treat people right. if you appreciate this approach, we would love for you to visit us.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

we had made reservations at another motel but when we got there some reason they didn't
have my reservation. so we stop at maples motor inn. was even cheaper than were we had
reservations . maples is a clean and affordable motel and staff was very nice to, location is
great for walking to eating places and shops if you don't wont to drive. will stay there again.

Room Tip: like the ones on first floor no steps
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank luckydog42
jack and robin m, Owner at Maples Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

thanks, luckydog! clean, affordable, nice staff, good location. those qualities are the very ones we emphasize. oh, and repeat customers. that just about sums up our motel. we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My family has been staying at Maples for our family vacation since my kids were in diapers. They are now 15 and 17. Last year I decided to "treat them" to a stay at the Wilderness in the Smokies Resort. Upon arriving we found mouse droppings in the bed and a terrible odor. After one day both boys asked if we couldn't leave and go to Maples for the remainder of our trip. Even they realized it just wasn't worth the extra money. Maples is much cleaner, which is the most important factor for me. I have to say, we all slept better that second night. Thanks Maples for the family tradition.

Room Tip: Rooms near the river are great for cooking out.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank dedrabuchanan
jack and robin m, Owner at Maples Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

we appreciate your kind words so much, dedra! to be compared favorably to wilderness in the smokies is awesome! (you can buy a 3-bedroom condo there for only $500,000!)
we don't have a huge waterpark or 3 restaurants, but we offer clean rooms, good service, and reasonable rates (check them out on maplesmotorinn.com). if that's what you are looking for, try us out.

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice motor lodge. Location is great right in the center of everything. Everyone is very nice and friendly. You also have the creek in the back. With grills and tables on the creek. I will be staying here again that's for sure. If you pass this one by you have missed a great place.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank MSB21

thank you so much, msb! we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed here a few weeks ago and were very pleased overall. The rates were great and we checked and compared several other places and they were one of the cheapest around, and the rooms were very clean and up to date. Loved the location and we enjoyed sitting & eating out on the riverbanks and visiting with the ducks & geese. The only small negative things were we had to pay to use the ice machine and we weren't left any bottles of shampoo/conditioner while there and the office didn't open till 8:00 am and my husband was also hoping to find some complimentary coffee in the office. But other than those things we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Sblack2013

thanks for the kind words, sblack! yes, we charge 25 cents for a bucket of ice. we do this because some of our guests like to fill ice chests, which is fine, but the small charge helps guarantee there will be ice for all our guests who need it.
on the other hand, our soft drinks are some of the cheapest in pigeon forge! 75 cents for a 12-oz can, $1.25 for a 20-oz bottle.
shampoo is available upon request. we do have complimentary coffee in the office all day long, but sblack is correct that our office is open by 8:00 am.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I was very pleased with my room and my husband and i was bragging about the overall good points this place had and was ready to recommend to anyone.But we were so upset by the housekeeper this morning.My husband was up sick and been awake several hours in the middle of the night, I HAD GOTTEN UP AND GOT READY FOR THE DAY AND HAD MY STUFF PACKED AND READY TO GO ,My husband said he was going to try to sleep about an hour before we checked out so he layed down about 9,50 and in a few mins was sound asleep. I desided TO SIT AND READ UNTIL A FEW MiNS BEFORE CHECKOUT AND WAKE HIM, right before checkout.AT 10.20 a loud banging and knocking came across The door and when i got the door open the housekeeper was walking down the walk and didnt even look back.She had just done this to wake us.Needless to say my husband who badly needed this little bit of sleep was rude;ly awakened in the worse way. It was startling and really disturbing .If checkout is eleven ,no body needs to be at my door before that.i payed for that room ,not her and that was so rude.iT WAS A CHEAP ROOM but i would rather pay more money for a place just shows respect ,

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Virginia G

we sincerely apologize to Virginia and her husband. the maid obviously was in error. the maids are instructed not to knock on doors or enter rooms until the guests have turned in their key and left. we will be having a meeting with the staff tomorrow to review this key point.

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Clean, comfortable, quiet and friendly. Free wireless, refrig, microwave, 2 queen beds table & hair dryer. Loved our stay with the grand kids. Can't beat the location in Pigeon Forge or the amenities.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Jim M

thank you, dan, glad your stay was enjoyable!
robin and I want to take this opportunity to thank not only dan but also all our guests who take the time to write a review. we don't have nearly as many as the other top motels in pigeon forge, even though we have been around a lot longer than most of them.
we also must thank tripadvisor! our business is up from 2012, and we give much of the credit to our tripadvisor ranking. we always use the site to plan our own trips. I scratch my head at some of the restaurant ratings in pigeon forge (how can one krispy kreme restaurant be both 4th and 7th in the rankings?) but agree with the hotel listings!