Maples Motor Inn
Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$109
Best Western Plaza Inn(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$87
$80
BestWestern.com
Ramada Pigeon Forge North(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$59
La Quinta Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$109
Clarion Inn Dollywood Area(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$55
Creekstone Inn(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
Econo Lodge Riverside(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$199
$179
Hotels.com
Country Cascades Waterpark Resort(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$99
Travelocity
The Inn On The River(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$104
$95
Travelocity
All reviewsfamily ownedmaple motorpicnic tablesclean roomsthe riverreasonable ratesclean place to staygo kartsvisit pigeon forgeice machinewithin walking distancenice pooldefinitely stay here againcoffee makerlove this placelocation is greathousekeeping staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Maples Motor Inn has a few positives and several negatives. First the positives. The teeny tiny rooms are immaculately clean, some of the cleanest hotel rooms I have ever stayed in. A big well done to their housekeeping staff! WiFi signal is strong and fast. Beds are clean and comfortable. New flat screen TVs. I appreciate their No Pets policy, as it keeps the grounds clean and quiet. Negative aspects of this property are as follows. The property is very old, which is probably why the rooms and bathrooms are so very tiny. They still use metal room keys, which are less secure, and they still use an antiquated pen and paper registration process. You must pay for ice. Shampoo is not supplied in the room but is available at the desk, if the desk clerk is not busy on the telephone. Only one person is on duty, and the office closes at night. Room doors open to the outside. There is no breakfast service in the morning. Room rates are way too high, when compared to similar lodging facilities in Pigeon Forge. The staff is not friendly and appear very bored with their jobs. We were never once thanked for our business. Upon checkout, the older lady with the new white Cadillac who was on duty never even looked at me when we checked out and never even said a simple thank you for staying with them. Room rates are non negotiable and are set according to an annual published schedule. Even when asked if they will match competitors who have more amenities and charge much less, Maples refuses to negotiate. I would guess this is due to arrogance, after so many years in business and having turned pretty good profits over the years, which is what probably accounts for the rude attitude of the staff as well. We will not be staying here again, and I recommend if you are going to Pigeon Forge that you do not make reservations, since all the lodging facilities will compete with each other for your business, except Maples Motor Inn which stubbornly clings to their annual price list. Watch out when you check in, as they charge your credit card ahead of time, which is contrary to lodging industry standards. Other hotels only charge your card at checkout. I do not recommend this facility. We left after one night and moved to a motel that charged less than half what Maples was charging us, and the new motel offered breakfast and an indoor pool.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for a large room. The standard rooms are like closets.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank Cruiser100
jack and robin m, Owner at Maples Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

we appreciate all reviews as a way to improve our service to our customers new and old. we know we can't please everyone but some of the criticisms of cruiser are fixable. i believe he stayed in one of our six king bed rooms that are indeed smaller than our other 57 units. we usually invite the customer to look at the room prior to check-in. we are sorry we didn't give the guest this opportunity. the property is certainly safe and secure; doors can be deadbolted in addition to the locking doorknob. we have never had a break-in or employee theft in 42 years. we use the "antiquated pen and paper registration process" to provide backup to our computer system. we apologize to the guest if the process was too slow for his satisfaction. we will soon modify our charge for ice-- our primary reason has been to guarantee that the ice doesn't run out on hot days from people filling coolers. our rates are competitive with similar properties in the area and vary through the year as the guest notes. to have moved to a similar accomodation at less than half our price i would guess that he stayed with us on a busy october weekend, when rates are highest, then went across town on sunday., when our rates drop significantly. rudeness, arrogance and thanklessness are certainly not adjectives often applied to our staff, and the guest can rest assured that our employees will be reminded of our standards of hospitality. finally, we collect payment in advance, but will always provide a full refund for customers who cut their stay short.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We selected Maples Motor Inn for an overnight stay while enjoying the fall foliage at nearby Smoky Mountains. On the good side the room was superbly clean and the beds were ultra comfortable. I hated the location, glutted with traffic and polluted with all cheesy attractions on the strip. Though that is something that you can't really get away from in tacky Pigeon Forge. The Wi-Fi signal seldom worked, so I took to boasting a signal from the Willowbrook next door. The service staff looked very depressed and sad. (Again something that you can't seem to get away from in dour Pigeon Forge.) Though it wasn't a huge deal, I didn't like having to pay for ice.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Anthony M

thanks for taking the time to review our business, anthony. we appreciate your kind words regarding the quality of our rooms; that is our top priority as one of the longest-operating motels in pigeon forge. however, we always take criticism very seriously. we continue to try and improve our free wireless internet service. more alarming is the perception of our staff as sad and depressed. this impression is one we will address with our employees, who in reality are actually nice, optimistic local folks. thanks again for staying with us. we pledge to work hard every day to earn the trust and business of each and every guest.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have stayed at this motel for several years with my family and friends. I continue to stay at Maples because the rooms are clean, reasonable rates and a good location. With Maples, I can have several weekend getaways a year without breaking the bank.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed October 13, 2012

been here several times, always the same perfect stay, wish the fall colors had been better, if you are looking for a great clean place to stay and not break the bank, Maples Motor Inn is the place for you

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I am from Salem, Va about 4 hours from Maples. I am 24 years old and since I was born in 1988, my parents and grandparents have ALWAYS gone to Maples the SAME week, every single year and stay in the EXACT same rooms. My grandfather passed away in 1997 and my grandmother in 2005 so as a family we haven't been since my grandmother passed away. We did however try a "condo" which was just insane and didn't feel like our "home" at the maples. My fiancee and I have now decided to carry on the tradition of going to the Maples with my son who is 6. This will be our 3rd year in a row (different rooms) but I REFUSE to go anywhere else!!! I have known Robin and Jack all my life and even good ole' Joe! I looked up to Bud, who was and from my understanding part time pool/yard maintainer! If you want a place FULL of love and family, THIS is where you need to go. I can't help but think that people look at the 150-200 dollar a night hotels are feeling like luxury but yet, compalin because of the BUGS and FILTH and COCHROACHES!!!. That is one thing i can honestly say in the 24 years and over 30 visits to the maples... i have NEVER i mean NEVER had a dirty room, dirty sheets, seen even a FLY in a room! The fridge is always clean and so the microwave. Bathrooms smell like bleach (okay with me, means its clean) and we always have plenty of towels for the 3 of us! We are ACTUALLY leaving in about an hour to head that way!!! See ya soon Robin and Jack!

Room Tip: We love the suites but also love the rooms. I have always been used to the bottom floor but during a trip in July we were on the top floor. I will never have a prefrence again... I'm okay with up or down since noise is limited either way!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family