Arbors at Island Landing Hotel & Suites
Ranked #14 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Gate City, Virginia
“BAD!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

I had stayed at this hotel a few years ago and figured we would stay again on this trip. The front desk was friendly enough when we arrived and we checked into our room. The first impression was not a good one. The room was dark, the carpet was dark and dingy and the bed covering was dark too but we thought we would give stay since we had a long day of traveling. As I looked I noticed the walls were not in good shape and neither was the furnishings (maybe for the 70's). Upon entering the bathroom we found the cleaning staff had left a dirty washrag hanging in the bathroom and the beds, well I'd been more comfortable sleeping in the vehicle.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lighthouse70

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Wichita
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed for a night and it was miserable. We started in one room and found the previous guest's to-go box in the fridge. It wasn't until later that we pulled back the covers on one of the beds to discover body hair like the sheets were not changed. I called down to the desk and they quickly gave us another room. The new room had clean sheets but the bathroom floor was filthy and the air conditioner was extremely noisy like the fan was rubbing on something. It's just not clean.

Also, if you have more than 2 staying in your room, they charge an extra $5 a head. I had to pay extra because my wife and I brought our pre-teen son.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Candler, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Good and friendly staff who work here. I had an end room at the back of the lodge. It was very spacious, plenty of room to walk around. Good, firm sturdy bed. Bathroom was fairly good, yet, shower head could be better. Room chairs were sadly very unsturdy and the color TV was so small and too far from the bed. Continental breakfast could be better too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
SC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a good stay. Staff in office was really nice. The room was clean, but could have been better, cob webs on the wall. It needs repairing and updating. The hotel is older and in need of some updating. The bathroom was clean but needs updating towel holders are rusted, tile is old and needs repair. Carpet needs replacing along with all the furniture and linens. Wall paper needs replacing. The light over the sink was out when we arrived, we didn't report but the cleaning lady had, the maintenance man came to fix and just walked right in didn't even knock. If they would put a little TLC and general maintenance in place it would be a great place to stay. For the price we paid it could have been better. If they updated the rooms we would stay there again

Room Tip: Check the rooms before you pay, you may not want to stay.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mars Hill, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

The people that run Smoky Meadows are very nice and friendly. The hotel is older and definitely needs a little TLC. The bathroom was clean and well stocked. The beds were comfortable for being firm. ( I like the soft cushy mattresses.) The carpet was dirty though almost looked like they forgot to vacuum after the last people stayed. The small fridge/freezer needs desperately to be defrosted. I think the biggest disappointment I had was that there wasn't a microwave or coffee maker in the room. My hubby and I have stayed here before, years ago, and it was about the same back then. If you don't mind a little run down older hotel to just crash after a fun busy day this place is ok. Not the best but ok. Honestly, though, I probably won't stay again. I am the type that I will stay at a mom and pop place before I stay at a chain hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to see a room before you check in to make sure it is clean to your liking.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Went to this hotel bc the outside looked really nice. They has decent prices for a king with a jacuzzi. We checked in then went to our room, walked in & it smelt stale. The jacuzzi was also the bathtub/shower. The a/c wouldn't blow. Needless to say I didn't even bring my things to the room & went to the office and got my money back. It was nasty!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Tiffanie623
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Me and my fiance came here for the weekend paid 95$ a night for a king bed with jacuzzi. When we first walked into the room I seen the smoke detector dangling from the wall, the bed wasn't made. Dresser wasn't against wall and when I looked behind it all I saw was dirt and just plain nastiness.Then I went I'm the bathroom there was horrible stains in the toilet and the jacuzzi had hair and a black ring around the bottom. I went and asked for another room it was just ad bad but the jacuzzi in that one had been ducked taped all up and a broken down couch. I asked for a refund and went to the colonial house motel which was wonderful 30 dollars cheaper for the same type room.

• Stayed March 2013