“Roaches! Do Not Stay Here!!”

Arbors at Island Landing Hotel & Suites
Ranked #12 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Dayton, Ohio
“Roaches! Do Not Stay Here!!”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This place is truly nasty, and has bugs! There is a whole in the bathroom door. The air conditioner won't shut off. Roaches all in the bathroom! Small t.v that is 12 ft away from bed! Specifically asked for no room service to make bed and they came in any way while we were shopping! Always sounds like someone is messing with or door, which isn't very reassuring! Employees sit on the stairs we had to use to walk up and got mad because they had to move. Male workers watch you. Very uncomfortable, nasty, creepy, and roach invested! Do not stay here!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Leah S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Reviewed July 28, 2012

The rooms need updated. The tv is old n small. Air conditioner n refrigerator didn't work. Stains on the walls with the wall paper coming off. Carpet n flooring coming up plus stained. Beds r old n hard plus sheets r wore out, towels and wash cloths looked dirty n ruff feeling. The ceiling n the bath room had holes n it shower nozel was lose from the wall. So i would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank countrygurl23
Tennessee
Reviewed July 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed in this place on July 9, 2012 for 1 night. In the past we use to stay here all the time. Never again. The room was dirty. I looked around the mattress and all you could see was hair and dust.The wall had a hole in it and the carpet was wrinkled like it had been soaked with water.There was mold on the wall. Whoever cleans these rooms needs to be fired & the owners should also make sure the rooms are cleaned good. This place is terrible. I fixed a bowl of oatmeal in the lobby and started to go to outside and eat it and they wouldn't let me go out the door with it.They said I might spill some on the carpet,. I felt like a little kid at school. The carpet would have looked better if I had spilled it .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank honeybeeTennessee
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We came in after a bad experience with Black Bear Lodging and they welcomed us and made the rest of our trip enjoyable!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Taylorville, Illinois
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Decided to give this place a try, wanted something more "local" and not a chain. Unfortunately hotel was very dated, rooms were cleaned at the "just good enough" level. Signs of water damage in ceiling with mold growing, hair in on the shower wall when we got there, carpets old and pulling up, very darkly lit, small television, uncomfortable bed, pillows and scratchy towels. Perhaps I should have walked away when I first went into the lobby to inquire about a room and the clerk wasn't very friendly, the lobby was extremely sparse and unwelcoming but when I did decide to give it a try, I was surprised to be given old fashioned metal keys with the room number printed on it, which she loudly stated so that others behind me could hear what room a seemingly single woman was going to. Unacceptable these days. They offered a continental breakfast of biscuits and gravy, fruit, donuts, breads, coffee and juice but when I went down to the teeny tiny room for breakfast, there were 2 apples left and watery orange juice. But the total kicker was that there was no shampoo in the room so I went back to the office to get some. I was told by the night clerk that they don't give out shampoo. What?? I've traveled all of my life and spent countless days in hotels and have never ever had a place not supply shampoo samples?? I was shocked and told her I hadn't even packed any and I hoped there was somewhere open at 10:00 pm. She actually told me she washes her own hair there at work (???) and offered me her own shampoo bottle to use. Uh, I know that was a courtesy on her part, but no thanks. Had to run out to find an open store and buy shampoo. My thought is that if a hotel is too cheap to supply inexpensive shampoo samples, what else are they scrimping on? Makes me shudder to think. Never ever going there again.

Room Tip: Want a good room? Try a different hotel!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LadySashya
Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Me and my family had brought me down here for my birthday. I was excited because I hadn't been down to Pigeon Forge since 2007. We had seen this hotel in a coupon book, so we went to make reservations. The clerks were nice and the lobby looked clean. So after that we went up to our room. The room looked pretty clean. So after we had checked in we went to go see the comedy barn. We got back and it was very late (around 11:30) there was no lights on whatsoever, so then we went to bed. When I layed down in the bed I was almost asleep when I felt something touch my foot. I thought to myself this place had bedbugs I believe. So after that accident I was afraid to go to bed. So never again and I dont't reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Logan C
TN
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Alot of things led up to us staying here, places we already checked on with good reviews were booked up and this one was the only hotel we came across with vacancies/crying hungry baby that needed to be fed, getting late in the day so we needed a place to stay quick!..........we now know why they had vacancies I should have known when they handed me two huge brass keys for the door that this was a huge mistake but.....Floor was ripped and sticky, smelled of old cologne. Duck tape covering 2 holes in the shower, trash was still left in our garbage can from the previous guests, trash cans running over onto the ground outside. All of that i could have delt with, but the kicker that topped all those was the bottom mattresses on both beds in our rooms had dark stains all over them, i only pray it wasnt blood or bodily fluids but im pretty sure it was, we checked our sheets and those were ok but felt creepy/nasty all night. Would not stay here even if it meant sleeping in my car! The only positive thing i have to say is its american owned... I' have stayed in a lot of hotels in my life, some extremely nice some sketchy but this was by far the worst i have ever stayed in 30 years of traveling.

Room Tip: go somewhere else!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family