“Great family vacation. Location, Location, Location. Luxurious and spacious.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pigeon Forge
Black Bear Ridge Resort
La Grange, Kentucky
“Great family vacation. Location, Location, Location. Luxurious and spacious.”
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Our family has stayed at many resort communities in the Pigeon Forge / Gatlinburg area (including Black Bear Ridge Resort) over the past several years. We must say, this is one of the best cabin resort areas available. The town is very busy this time of year and from this location, there are many, many ways to get where you want without driving the crowded parkway. In fact, whether its the outlets, the national park I75/I40 or Dollywood, there is a no traffic short cut. I love that!! Many local food places deliver since its only 3 miles to the parkway. The cabin was spotless, spacious and very luxurious. The views are amazing! The resort landscaping is far better than I remember from last visit. It was very neat and clean, yet all the charm of a mountain property. In regards to negative comments, we have fond that the management company can make or break your visit which has no bearing on the resort as a whole.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed May 14, 2010

I recently returned from a 3-day weekend at Black Bear for my brother's wedding which was at the Angel's View Chapel. My boyfriend and I originally booked a one bedroom cabin for $99 per night but there was an issue with the plumbing so they moved us to the Dreamcatcher's View cabin which has two bedrooms and sleeps 16 people. The cabin was amazing. It had three decks, a hot-tub, and a pool-table and foosball table in the basement. It worked out great that they moved us because this mean my mom could stay with us for two of the nights instead of staying at a hotel.

I had read reviews on tripadvisor of the resort so I was almost dreading our arrival but when we got there the cabin was very clean and everyone we interacted with was very nice and helpful. The power went out on Saturday afternoon for a couple hours but was repaired very quickly. I really have no complaints about our stay. Since the cabins are indivually owned it might be the luck of the draw, but some of the other cabins family members stayed in that I saw were also great and seemed to be well-maintained.

The resort is well-located to the mountains and to Pigeon Forge attractions all while being seclued.

The only problem we had was finding a grassy spot to walk our dog before bed. Despite that we'll likely go back again, maybe over Thanksgiving break with family.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
michigan
Reviewed May 2, 2010

Barefoot'n is where we stayed. I have to say that the cabin is beautiful but we had a few problems that as of the day we left were not resolved. The first night started out with a really loud neighbor threatening to throw their family member off the mountain, drunk and disorderly. So finally after it not stopping at 6 a.m. we called and reported the problem, the police arrived and they were quiet the rest of the morning. The cabin has paper thin floors and walls. You can hear every single word and every step, and toliet flush from the floor above you. They could have insulated a little better for more privacy. We had 12 people in the 6 bedroom suite cabin, and it wasn't easy to get up early to enjoy the mountains without awaking others. This cabin has a sewer issue, you can flush your toliet and it will bubble up in your tub. The fumes from the sewer made it unbearable at times. We called for help from the maintainance crew and they arrived and stated that the cabin did not have the proper venting in the plumbing. So when we leave they are going to have to tear a wall out and add venting. So meanwhile, we spent $700 night to smell sewage. Also, we also had a huge problem with our air conditioning on the main floor. We would leave for the day and come back to the cabin with the air shut off and heat turned on. Someone, possibly a former employee had been messing with things while we were out. (he drives a white caddy) So someone was in our cabin while we were gone. It is totally unfair to us to have to stay in a place that has sewage issues, odor etc. and with the current air conditioning issue. We called the main number several times asking for help, and they finally installed a new air unit, which didn't work. So needless to say with a house full of allergies, and a pregnant daughter and a one year old grand daughter, it is ok for it to be 80+ degrees in the cabin to sleep. Oh by the way the cabin has no screens, so you can't open the doors, or windows to get a breeze. . We are still today waiting for an email...with some kind of apology or some kind of compensation for all the disappointment that we enduredor and an invite to come back and try Black Bear Ridge again....now mind you we stayed an entire week. I just hope that this is all repaired correctly for the next potential vacation family. We had a miserable time.....

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank lsue2000
TN
Reviewed March 3, 2010

Although our cabin was beautiful, it was absolutely filthy and the indoor pool was no better. I spoke with management and they did nothing but make excuses. They even told me the reviews on this site were not for their cabins...So, let me make this perfectly clear...Black Bear Ridge Resorts Cabin's are way too dirty for the amount of money spent to stay there. I paid over $1000.00 for 2 nights and expected to be able to relax for the weekend, not clean. We even had toenail clippings from previous guests in the living room floor! Unacceptable! Obviously, once they get your money, you're on your own! Would not recommend staying there unless you can see the cabin before paying! My family and I will return to Gatlinburg Falls Resort where we have always had great service. No indoor pool, but a lot cleaner cabins. We are finished with BBR and any of their affiliates.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank gcw05
Reviewed November 13, 2009

First of all I want to say that my family loves Pigeon Forge. However, we will never stay at Black Bear Ridge Resort again. When we got to the cabin we didn't first notice all of the things wrong with the cabin. The front porch had so much mud on it that you couldn't help but track in to the cabin. As everyone was arriving at different times and everyone started comparing what all was wrong it was unbelieveable. The floors were so dirty and stickey that we had to clean them. The basement had a pet smell and there was dog hair all over the stairs from the basement area. The faucet in one of the bathrooms and the kitchen sink was leaking and loose. In one of the edrooms the TV would not work.
We had to pay $160.00 for cleaning fees..... what a joke!!!! There was nothing clean.
When we checked out we explained the bad situation and ask for a refund of the cleaning fees and they had an excuse for everything. They are smooth talkers including JOYCE........ Needless to say they would not refund the money so I contacted my credit card and disputed the charge. The credit card company credited the money and wrote to JOYCE, the resort and in return they wrote a letter back with nothing but lies and excuses. There is not an excuse for a dirty cabin. Therefore, the charge was put back on my credit card. There were a total of 10 people who visited the cabin and all will testify to each and everyone of the problems.
I have chaulked this resort up as a horrible experience and have leared a hard lesson. As far as the money that should have been refunded to me is all I can say they need it worse than I do due to my understanding that this resort has law suits against it and that the resort is in bad financial shape. P.S. Please be careful if you stay there because they are having mountain slides and the way the cabins are build above each other it could be dangerous.
Truly yours - TEXAS

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Ortego
blackbearridgeresort, Owner at Black Bear Ridge Resort, responded to this review, November 18, 2009
In response to Dirty, Dirty, Dirty and things are broken we do care. We ask that when you check into your Luxury Cabin to please let us know if you have any problems. You can not wait until you leave to complain. These are personal homes and are used for people to come and enjoy a vacation. But we must be told of any problems on entering the cabin. I have been in the business for 16 years and I expect my places to be clean. I do not see how there was any mud on the front porch since everything in Black Bear is paved. Again, all you had to do is call; we have a maintenance man on property at all times and the maid would have gladly came back to the cabin if there was a problem. Joyce
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed October 27, 2009

We’ve rented Honey Moon View #1 for three years in a row, this property is rented by BBRR and Angels View Cabin Rentals. This year the cabin was so bad; spider webs and dust everywhere. Only two of the twelve jets were IN the hot tub, the others were missing. The water in the hot tub was cloudy, YUCK! Someone tossed a dirty diaper over the rail. And to top it off, there was a bad sewer smell in the cabin; the office said they’d ‘look’ at it, which is apparently all they did because the stench never went away.

While out and about in the area, not a single person that waited on me at a store or restaurant was friendly; none were rude or belligerent, they just seemed as though they were being inconvenienced.

We won’t be going back to the area anytime soon – probably years.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank atl_kitten
TN
Reviewed October 13, 2009

2 families with 2-6 yr olds came to "Bottoms up" for a long weekend. We loved it, it was more beautiful than the pics. The furniture and fabrics were great. Check in was great. We loved it and would go back. But... the cons are: altho the baths had granite tops, the kitchen had cheap cabinets and cheap tops. There were no deep oven pans so we bought one and left it there. You have very little in the way of cooking equipment. No picture to make tea or kool aid. The pool could have been clearned better. We still loved it....go there and enjoy. Lots of privacy

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family