“God country at its best views”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pigeon Forge
Black Bear Ridge Resort
Indiandpolis, Indiana
Reviewed January 31, 2006

First thing you see is the breath taking views out your back pourchs We as a family lived in East Tennssee for ten years in Morristown,Tn.We went back for the first time in five years to get our oldest daughter married there in morristown,Tn.. We stayed in pigegon forge for the week at Gone a Get Wet and the other cabin we rented it for the bride and groom was Bear Naked. I cant tell you how much we loved it there but to be able to see East tn. in a new light was hard for us, since we lived there for such a long time so, if you could tell how the cabin just blew our mind at how much prettier it could be there was just a feat Black Bear Resort has gone just over and beyond the top. I cryied at the beauty of it all.Clean cabins ,smiling people, views, rooms that so big, you cant touch anywhere else in East Tn. and, not have someone veiwing in on you. You can sit on the pourch and feel like you are alone there just you and your time . If you want to know how happy one family felt like we were home again.Just ask.dt2115@aol.com

• Stayed: July 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Greenville, sc
Reviewed November 27, 2005

Recently stayed in a five bedroom cabin over the Thanksgiving weekend and had mixed emotions about the experience. The cabin itself (Sugar Bear) was beautifully decorated and very comfortable. It is brand new so of course there were some things missing\incomplete which is to be expected. The problem is when you express concerns to the staff you will most likely recieve a rude, "that's not our problem" response. Also there isLOTS of construction still going on in the "resort." There is construction debris everywhere. We had to stop the workers from taking the limited parking spots in front of our cabin every day and they start working around 7 am. It may be nice when the construction is complet but until then I would wait. One last thing it is not convenient to the Parkway it's about a ten minute drive.

• Stayed: November 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dubuque, Iowa
Reviewed October 13, 2005

My Husband & I are from Iowa & we LOVED celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary with a 5 night wonderful getaway alone together at the "Wanna Get wet" cabin in Black Bear Ridge Resort in Pigeon Forge Tenn.! We are so glad that we found this resort on line when shopping for the perfect place to celebrate such an important time for us!It really made a perfect 2nd honeymoon destination & there is no place else we would have rather gone! :) The 3 story private new log home is just beautiful! I can't speak highly enough about everything about it, from how clean it was, the decor, down to how everything was supplied for us too! We had our own private hot tub on one of the 3 decks outside facing the beautiful smokie mountains, along with our own heated swimming pool just inside the door of that same bottom level to take a dip in! The third floor bedroom offers a great jacuuzi/hottub & pool table game room. The cost was so amazingly cheap...only 199.00 a night with the 5th night FREE! We liked seeing the town of Pigeon Forge & all it offered too, but really found Townsend much more to our taste...not at all commercial & the dining is GREAT! Had grits for the first time...grits are great! The Folks down south are just awesome! Hiking in the beautiful smokies is a must & we did see waterfalls a blackbear & a ton of deer in Cades Cove! If you like to sip on an alcoholic beverage though, bring your own as it's "dry" for the most part down there...we drove down & planned ahead!
We really do definitely want to go back again...our teenagers want to go along on the next trip...hmmm....NOPE!!!:)

• Stayed: July 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 16, 2005

We just got back from a wonderful but all too short vacation in the Pigeon Forge area. We chose a cabin called "Bearadise View" that we rented through Black Bear Lodging, located on Wears Valley Road. The cabin is located high in the mountains and has an amazing view! It is beautiful inside and out with plenty of room for our party of 8. We have stayed in cabins before in Branson and although they say they're equipped with what you'll need we always find a few things missing. Not so, with this cabin. The kitchen had EVERYTHING you would need for day to day cooking. There were knives, various casserole dishes, skillits, pots, all kinds of utensils...The refrigerator had an ice maker and we had a dishwasher as well. We also had a washer and dryer which was nice- we packed much lighter than usual and did a couple loads of laundry.

There were TWO king master suites that each had whirlpool tubs. Those were wonderful after a busy day in the GSMNP! There were also two queen bedrooms that shared a full bath. We had a total of 4 TV's, one of which was a big ole plasma screen. All the TV's had Dish Network and 3 of them had DVD players. They had a pretty good selection of movies right in the cabin. That came in handy one night when it stormed and we decided to spend the night "in". There was a playstation 2 in the game room but we were disappointed to find that there were no playstation games, you have to bring your own. The gameroom is also equipped with a pool table and there are a few board games.

The cabin was clean enough but I can't say immaculate. If you looked where normal people wouldn't you might find some dust or ladybugs- BUT it in no way affected our comfort. I only mention it for the sake of being a totally impartial judge. We just happened to lose a hair band under the sofa and when we moved it it looked like it hadn't been cleaned under for awhile. THEN we started looking closer and noticed bugs in light fixtures and such. Everywhere else WAS very clean.

There are a couple other things I should mention just to be fair although I wouldn't let it deter you from the cabin. The road to the cabin is very rough and it could have much more maintenance done on it. If you have a very low riding car, I don't know if you would make it without tearing something up. Also, for our bigger party size we had to arrange our showers just right or we would run out of hot water.

Our bedroom was in the loft which overlooked the downstairs area with two stories of windows. Every morning all I had to do was lift my head and I would be greeted by the mountains in all their majesty. I've never woke up smiling like that in my whole life!

All in all I will remember this cabin and rental company with very fond memories.

6  Thank equine75
Reviewed June 27, 2005

I Stayed In The Cabin " Gonna Get Wet " . Which Is Part Of The New Black Bear Ridge Resort Log Cabins .

It Was Brand New , 3 Stories ,

had a nice kitchen , Washer & Dryer , Pool Table , 2 kING Beds , FoozBall Table , 3 Tvs with direct tv satellite . Vcr & Dvd Player , Private Indoor Pool , Jacuzzi Hot Tub On Balconey , Great Mountain View , & Was Immaculate . The Cabin Also Has 2 Jacuzzi Bathtubs , & 3 Bathrooms In The Cabin. If The Cabin Was In California I Would Expect To Pay 7 Thousand Dollars For A Week Stay. If You Love Swimming , With A Great View this is the cabin for you. The Couch also pulls out for an extra bed too , & there's a trundle bed in the upper loft. The Cabin Was Very Relaxing , & Everything Was Brand New , & Decorated Beautiful ! This Cabin Would Be Pefect For A Honeymoon Cabin . If You Have Small Children , You Need To Be Vilgilante In Watching Them Because Of The pool , & The outDoor HotTub On The Balconey. My Kids Ages 7-11 Loved The Cabin & Were really Impressed ! My Husband & I Thought The Place Was Unbelievable Too ! If You Go On Black Bear Ridge Resort Website They Have Pictures Of The Cabin On Their Website . I Recommended This Cabin , You Won't Be Dissapointed , & It's Like Have Your Own Private Resort !

• Stayed: June 2005