“Great Basic Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #51 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Dallas, Texas
“Great Basic Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We just finished a 3 night stay here and it was great for a basic hotel. The staff was friendly and informative and we enjoyed our stay. The rooms and tv were dated and the carpet torn but we were just there to sleep. My only suggestion would be to bring your own shampoo. I used the one small package that was there and that was all that I received even though it was empty after the first day. Had to send my husband to the front office to get more. If you're expecting a Marriott, go elsewhere, but for a basic room to sleep it, the price is right.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sweetie0719

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

We recently rented two rooms at this hotel. It is nothing what we expected. Rooms were very dated and bedspreads old and full of cigarette holes. Walls were thin and rooms very dark and poorly lit.

Upon entering the room, I immediately contacted the manager about getting new bedspreads, which they changed appologetically. I later turned down the bedspread to find washed, old blood stained sheets. This worried me right away. I slept with the lights on..concerned about potential bedbugs. I woke up in the morning to find one on my pillow. I walked to pillow to the management office, where she was surprised to see this. I was given the opportunity to move to another room on the second floor. My mother and and friend, chose to stay in their room..unable to walk stairs easily. They had not seen bugs in their room....yet.

My second night, I also had problems sleeping. Walls were very thin and traffic noise very loud. My mother woke to find welts on her arms and hands from bed bugs.

The staff and management at the hotel were very friendly and accomodating throughout. The hotel has only recently been purchased by the new owner. I feel that much work has to be done though.

Despite my problems..no discount was ever offered...which I felt should have been.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank sjukone
janet u, Manager at Conner Hill Motor Lodge, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear guest, we apologize for your recent response to our hotel. We would like for you to know we just bought the hotel and never had any problems with bugs. We feel the customer who was in that room the days before must have brought them with them because the room was not infested, it only had 2-3 bugs. We called the inspector the following day and this is the same conclusion he came to, the customer before must have brought them. The inspector checked both rooms and the second room did not have any problems. This was the first week the new owners took over and did not know how to handle this situation, if you would have ask for a refund/discount we would have gladly gave it to you.
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

The staff was very nice and friendly, they asked if we wanted to see the room before purchase. It was very clean. Had a fridge and coffee maker. The tv was outdated and the toilet over flowed twice during out stay but the lady was happy bring a plunger but it was not helping that much. I would come back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank lynbrft
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed for two nights. We booked online - $61 a night so we were pleasantly surprised to find it was clean and the beds are comfortable. The motel itself could so with some updating of the décor and furniture but if you're on a tight budget this is your place. Brittany at the desk was very pleasant and she helped us with something we needed to be done. Breakfast, which we didn't have, consists of donuts and coffee. The trolley runs every 20-25 minutes and stops right outside the motel and costs 50 cents a trip or you can buy an all day pass at Patriot Park for $2.50. The motel is right beside the Dixie Stampede. We would consider staying at Conner Hill Motor Lodge if we are in Pigeon Forge again. The road is very busy so if you're a light sleeper you may be woken by traffic. I am a heavy sleeper and didn't hear anything but hubby said the traffic woke him during the night. If you're coming from the Seiverville side you'll probably need to go a bit further up the road to do a U-turn to get into the motel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kiwi2768
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed at Conner Hill 9/21 - 9/23, rooms 222/223. This was our 1st time ever staying in a motel. The lady in the office, could not have been nicer! We had connecting rooms, with 2 queen beds each. Our room had a nice cold fridge, microwave & coffee pot. Soap was provided, with nice clean, thick towels. The other room was missing a microwave, which was no big deal to us. One for connecting rooms was plenty. The beds were very comfortable! The pillows were extremely flat. I would either ask for more, or bring your own from home. The water in the tub/shower & sink was good & hot! You will have to buy ice...50 cent. No big deal to us. I know some people freak out over this, but unfortunately when you offer something for free....some people abuse it. There was fresh Krispy Kreme's in the office each morning, along with hot coffee if you didn't want to make coffee in your room. I felt the room rate was very fair, for what was offered! We moved on to a cabin on Monday morning & were all just sick when we saw the condition of that cabin! This motel was much cleaner than our $600.00 4/day cabin rental! The 1st words out of my family's mouths were....I wish we had stayed at Conner Hill! No more cabins for us. This will be "our" place, if & when we return to the Smokies. The only "complaint" I have is the woman in the office the day we checked out. She's an LSU fan. Wrong set of tigers. War Eagle! ;-) We loved everything about our stay. Yes, you can pay more to feel like you're staying at the Hilton. But, why?! We only needed a place to sleep & shower. Conner Hill was exceptional for our family! Thanks ladies!!!

Room Tip: This is a 2 story motel. No elevators. Must use stairs or stay on bottom floor. Pool looked nice, al...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank SillyMag
Tazewell, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We have stayed at Conner Hill too many times to count. It's our go-to every time we visit Pigeon Forge. It's right on the strip and within walking distance to the Dixie Stampede. My husband loves that's right across the street from Krispy Kreme. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. The staff is very accommodating. No complaints. We'll be back! :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank DCrigger
Tampa, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

I've stayed here four times and have never been disappointed. The motel is always clean and the staff is attentive. The rooms are spacious and have double vanities. It is perfectly located for visits to all the attractions in the area. Restaurants are within walking distance. Did I mention a Krispy Kreme across the street?
Kids will love the pool and it's far enough away that they can make all the noise they wish without disturbing anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are further from the pool and close to the office.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business