“the nastiest motel in pigeon forge!”

River Lodge South Motel
Ranked #82 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Villa Rica, Georgia
“the nastiest motel in pigeon forge!”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Look, be advised, if u want to stay in a clean room, whether it is old or new, River Lodge South is definately not the room you should haVE IN MIND. THE ROOMS WERE DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!! Cob webs everywhere...the sheets hadnt even been changed from the last people that stayed there. getting any help was a joke! the office was hardly ever even opened for them to help us. It was just an awful place to bring your kids, since they allow drinking on the outside of the motel...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank donnarjenkins

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed here many years ago when it was new and crisp. I read all the bad reviews and had second thoughts. I am very happy that I ignored those reviews. my room was very clean and well kept. i had a ground floor room with a large Jacuzzi tub and rocking chairs on the back porch. there is a nice grassy yard with picnic tables and charcoal grills overlooking the river. at one point I counted 47 geese walking by my back porch. if you like the new high rises go somewhere else. plenty of towels and great service. I will come back.

Room Tip: ground floor on the end has a great Jacuzzi tub.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I went down for a few days of needed vacation. This hotel does NOT have a coffee maker, microwave or coffee at the office. The office isn't even open in the morning. Our refrigerator was broke, so they brought us one that worked. When I was leaving I asked why we had to request towels and the lady replied "we only change towels and bed dressing every 3 days". WHAT?? She said "all hotels do that". I told her not any hotels I had ever been too. I told her I could have stayed at a much nicer hotel for a cheaper price. She said "don't book online, because it's more expensive". We also had something on our bathroom floor (??) it was never cleaned. DO NOT stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Susan P

Travelers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Rossville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We used to stay at this hotel every single year for years on end (I know I'm a little late). Every year we slowly watched the hotel detiorate and absolutely 0 effort to fix it. On our last vacation our non smoking room reeked of smoke bugs were everywhere, cobwebs, dust, it was awful. We called the front desk and were moved to another room. It was just as bad! Our new room didnt reek of cigarettes as bad but the mattress sure did so we called again and asked to get a new mattress, Kid Rocks look alike shows up with guess what a cigarette in his mouth. Needless to say we cut our trip short and left.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sonnyvick
Mansfield, Ohio
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Just stayed here 9/6/13 & 9/7/13.. -- cobwebs, spiders, carpet worn, no lightbulb in nightstand lamp, no hairdryer, no coffee pot, commode wobbled, shower curtain torn, no security chain on the door, lid was broken off the air conditioner unit, no iron, no ironing board -- grounds are not maintained [they could be beautiful], cigarette butts everywhere, elevator filthy -- front desk won't answer phone -- they sit outside the office-- office personnel very pleasant but full of excuses, their computer was down, "you'll have to wait until the cleaning lady comes after 9", someone else ?? must have taken our reservation because they could not find it, left a homemade sign on our room 'do not disturb' because we didn't want anyone in our room, came back in the evening .. the sign had been removed & our room cleaned, .. .. but our friends next door did not get cleaned & they had a 'do not disturb' sign on their door that they didn't leave--
room patio was dirty and the 2 chairs were too dirty to use .. need i say more .. no, we did not get a special rate .. it definetely needs more than a little TLC .. raking in the big bucks & not putting one cent back into the investment .. can't see how they'll ever stay in business .. too much competition & lots of nice places there.
We paid $312.06 for 2 nights

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank grnmax14
Andersonville, tn
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The carpet was dirty. My grandchildren went bare footed and their feet got filty. There were roaches in the bathroom in the sink and the bath tub. They were on the carpet next to the door. Both my husband and I seen the bugs. Outside the chairs were dirty. Spiders and spider webs on both. The room smelled. The air conditioner made a terrible noise. There were two stacks of bedding stacked in the parking lot entrance. The man checking you in was rude.

Now the plus. My grandchildren loved the ducks.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Carolyn R
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We only stayed one night unplanned due to a road closure. I was worried because the outside looked a little run down but the room was spotless. No hair dryer or iron that I saw but we never use those anyway. I would stay again. I like the set up of the room, the bathroom acted as a partition between the beds so they are semi-private. The view is not spectacular but there is a nice creek where we saw some ducks.

• Stayed July 2013