“Do not stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pigeon Forge
Shady Oaks Campground
Havelock, North Carolina, United States
“Do not stay”
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Part trailer park part campground. May have been good back in the day but not now. Run down campers and trailers. Needs fixing up desperately. No leash and clean up behind pets enforced. Like a dump. Would stay in Gatlinburg but not Pigeon Forge.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Glenda S

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Bolivia, North Carolina
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We were checking out places to tent camp and stopped by. Office smelled of stale smoke
and after getting some rate info we went down stairs to use the restrooms. That tells a
lot. The bathrooms were filthy with brown filth on the toilet seats and not flushed. The
mens room was just as bad with the urinal leaking and smelling foul. This was enough for
us to turn around and get back on the Trolley. These were the bathrooms/showers at the
office and I would hate to see how the rest of the place is kept. Please stay clear of this place.
We are hikers and used to less than clean pit toilets but this is by far the worst and the flyer
says in print that the bathrooms are modern. Middle ages perhaps?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Mark N
Carlsbad, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

We lost $50 because we paid before looking. They do not give refunds at all. We should have looked before paying. I felt very uncomfortable so, we drove around and found another campground that was a 1000% nicer.. I feel much safer and cleaner . Shady Oaks is very shady a lot of permanent dwellers that are very run down campers and Mobile Homes. The bathrooms are dirty and run down. They have a lot of stray dogs running around. The owners are very old and I guess just can not handle it anymore. Would not stat here I can see keeping the money for 1 night but not the rest of the time.

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank Robin C
Reviewed February 22, 2013

What can i say but run for your life save yourselves. this place is the scariest place ever. the people our rude and in your business. i personally found needles in the bathrooms and never any toilet paper. its just so bad you can't really describe it. if your not afraid of needles, pills and drugs try your stay but be warned. STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012
8 Thank secretshopperinpf
Bristol, Tennessee
Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

This place was horrible looking everything was run down. There were campers that looked like they had been there forever. Owner was rude and I now know why he has a sign up that says no refunds ... It's because once they have your deposit they think you will stay if they don't give it back. We let them know we were not leaving without it. Trust me DON'T GO HERE. When tripadvis updates and adds my photos check them out.. Oh and the "cabins" Look like little kids play houses... TINY

• Stayed July 2012
6 Thank armywife070308
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed July 24, 2012

July 20, 2012. We booked this place because everything else looked full for accommodations for 6. Well, let me tell you I will certainly read the reviews from now on. I honestly didn't know places this bad would be allowed to stay in business. We pulled in front of the office. I thought maybe they had tried to make it rustic looking but I was wrong-It just looks like that. I walked in and the smell was overwhelming-a combo of stink, smoke, and maybe an extra dirty litter box? At this point I didn;t know quite what to do because my deposit check had already been cashed and there was a big sign that said no refunds. A woman took us to cabin #3. On the way following the woman in her golf cart we saw old broken down campers with tin and tarps covering them and permanent old mobile homes with trash in the yards and grass 2 feet tall. The playground equipment was rusted and from the 60's and the pool looked like it had not been cleaned in years. We got to the cabin. One of the steps leading to the porch was broke off. A double rocker on the front porch had half of the slats missing and the porch had a round hole about 9 inches wide that had been burned completely thru the porch wood, maybe by a grill. Then I tried to open the door. The key didnt fit very well and I could see that the door wasnt square with the frame so it was hard to open. I just stood in the door thinking omg, what are we going to do. A double bed was in the kitchen. The refrig had hair in it.The sofa was worse than most that I have seen dumped on the side of the road. The inside was dirty. Then I pushed the bathroom door open. Nasty, nasty, nasty and bugs in the tub and crawling everywhere. A woman with us ran out because of the bugs and stepped right in the hole on the porch. We felt so dirty. I said lets get out of this dump. I went back to the office and said that I wanted a refund and that a lady in our group had got hurt. Guess what? Noone there had any money. They looked like a bunch of inbred idiots. The owner was not there and He wouldnt be back for 4 hours. and I would have to come back. I asked what they would do if someone needed change for paying for a camping spot. Noone knew the answer to that question either. I told them I would wait in the lobby til I got my money. I held my nose and waited for a few minutes until they saw I wasnt leaving. Only then did they return $95.00 deposit I had paid. I cannot describe how bad this place is. I cant believe it has not already been condemned. Worse than any getto that I have seen on tv. It is so bad that the entire place needs to be bulldozed.

Room Tip: Stay away from this trashy dump!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Sunnie D
piedmont sc
Reviewed July 5, 2012

first i had to buy scrubbing bibbles to claen bathroom. very nasty and unsanitary. police there all the time riding around. not a very friendly place either. trash smelled like somerthing died in it. i had to sweep around the pool, leaves, dirt and dirty socks around pool. well, inside the pool something fuzzy in the corner and was so cloudy u couldn't even see the bottom. owner said filter had hole and chemical was going into pool. is that safe? well they need to do alot of work before i would return. anyone who goes there and says it's a nice must be a blind individule, sorry!! try KOA. our next place. very nice all around!

Room Tip: do not stay here! Run quick!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family