“OMG stay anywhere but HERE!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pigeon Forge
Shady Oaks Campground
Bristol, Tennessee
“OMG stay anywhere but HERE!”
Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

This place was horrible looking everything was run down. There were campers that looked like they had been there forever. Owner was rude and I now know why he has a sign up that says no refunds ... It's because once they have your deposit they think you will stay if they don't give it back. We let them know we were not leaving without it. Trust me DON'T GO HERE. When tripadvis updates and adds my photos check them out.. Oh and the "cabins" Look like little kids play houses... TINY

• Stayed July 2012
6 Thank armywife070308

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed July 24, 2012

July 20, 2012. We booked this place because everything else looked full for accommodations for 6. Well, let me tell you I will certainly read the reviews from now on. I honestly didn't know places this bad would be allowed to stay in business. We pulled in front of the office. I thought maybe they had tried to make it rustic looking but I was wrong-It just looks like that. I walked in and the smell was overwhelming-a combo of stink, smoke, and maybe an extra dirty litter box? At this point I didn;t know quite what to do because my deposit check had already been cashed and there was a big sign that said no refunds. A woman took us to cabin #3. On the way following the woman in her golf cart we saw old broken down campers with tin and tarps covering them and permanent old mobile homes with trash in the yards and grass 2 feet tall. The playground equipment was rusted and from the 60's and the pool looked like it had not been cleaned in years. We got to the cabin. One of the steps leading to the porch was broke off. A double rocker on the front porch had half of the slats missing and the porch had a round hole about 9 inches wide that had been burned completely thru the porch wood, maybe by a grill. Then I tried to open the door. The key didnt fit very well and I could see that the door wasnt square with the frame so it was hard to open. I just stood in the door thinking omg, what are we going to do. A double bed was in the kitchen. The refrig had hair in it.The sofa was worse than most that I have seen dumped on the side of the road. The inside was dirty. Then I pushed the bathroom door open. Nasty, nasty, nasty and bugs in the tub and crawling everywhere. A woman with us ran out because of the bugs and stepped right in the hole on the porch. We felt so dirty. I said lets get out of this dump. I went back to the office and said that I wanted a refund and that a lady in our group had got hurt. Guess what? Noone there had any money. They looked like a bunch of inbred idiots. The owner was not there and He wouldnt be back for 4 hours. and I would have to come back. I asked what they would do if someone needed change for paying for a camping spot. Noone knew the answer to that question either. I told them I would wait in the lobby til I got my money. I held my nose and waited for a few minutes until they saw I wasnt leaving. Only then did they return $95.00 deposit I had paid. I cannot describe how bad this place is. I cant believe it has not already been condemned. Worse than any getto that I have seen on tv. It is so bad that the entire place needs to be bulldozed.

Room Tip: Stay away from this trashy dump!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Sunnie D
piedmont sc
Reviewed July 5, 2012

first i had to buy scrubbing bibbles to claen bathroom. very nasty and unsanitary. police there all the time riding around. not a very friendly place either. trash smelled like somerthing died in it. i had to sweep around the pool, leaves, dirt and dirty socks around pool. well, inside the pool something fuzzy in the corner and was so cloudy u couldn't even see the bottom. owner said filter had hole and chemical was going into pool. is that safe? well they need to do alot of work before i would return. anyone who goes there and says it's a nice must be a blind individule, sorry!! try KOA. our next place. very nice all around!

Room Tip: do not stay here! Run quick!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank 049darlene
Sevierville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The name fits this place well. This campground/ trailer park was very shady. We would not use the bathroom in this place and did not shower while there. When we arrived (late in the afternoon) we noticed that it was very run down but it was a holiday weekend and nothing else was available and we were camping only for 2 days and thought we could make do so we set our stuff up and went to dinner it was dark when we came back the next morning we really started looking around, lets just say that before we would use the restroom or shower in that place we would eat off the floor in a gas station restroom, words do not describe how gross this place is. I'm sure if you swam in the pool you would have worms afterwards, and the playground is just a rust bucket. Im pretty sure they were selling drugs at the shack beside us. Don't make our mistake. We did not stay the 2nd night we just packed up and went home.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
9 Thank sunshinekisses71
SPARTA TN.
Reviewed March 29, 2011

W e stay at shady oaks every time we come to pigeon forge yes these people are older and the people that live there with young men in their family are really great with my grandsons they help them build a fire every one there are just super nice people and you are right there where every thing is.we stay in a cabin there the children have a yard to play in they are not stuck way out where there are no children and no yard so relax and give shady oaks a chance get to no these people and enjoy because they are great people.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
SOUTH CAROLINA
Reviewed November 11, 2009

Do not stay here!!! Bath house run down and dirty. Dump truck with flat tire in driveway and pickup with a wheel missing also in driveway. Went back 3 months later and they were still in the drivway. Load drunks around the campground that lives in perm. campers. Don't feel safe with kids. The owner has a attitude when you ask for PA discount. She wants to get all the money she can out of the campground with out putting any back into it, Play ground equipment is from the 60s and not safe for kids

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank CAMPERSOF5
Georgia
Reviewed November 9, 2009

We stayed in one of their three larger cabins. The cabin was cute, with a sleeping loft, and a kitchen/livingroom/bedroom area on the lower level. It was also a LOG cabin with a front sitting porch with rocking chairs. It wasn't the best place we've stayed in, but the beds were nicely made with clean sheets. The cabin was a little dusty, but for an overnight stay, it met our needs. We would go back again if in the area.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family