“Lots of people, lots of food”

The Old Mill Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 180 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Reviewed July 29, 2014

A bit of a wait, but there are stores and a PA system that lets you know when you can be seated. Wait staff a little rushed. Corn chowder and fried chicken was very good. Portions are large. Blackberry cobbler with ice cream is good. Dining areas are on the noisy side due to the large amount of people. Prices seem average for the area.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

This is the place we always frequent and this time was not any different. I had the rueben and fries this time, a little different than the Turkey with mashed potatoes and gravy, but needed something different. What I can tell you is that after having been here many, many times I have never had a bad meal. If you ever get the chance, do not pass this eatery by. Its great!

1  Thank Lloyd M
Reviewed July 29, 2014

There's so many wonderful things about this place I'm not sure I can mention them all. At the top of the list is how friendly and helpful the staff is along with the taste of their food. I've been here about 20 times and have never gotten anything that was not tantalizing to my taste buds. This particular time my son and I got prime rib and chicken and dumplings. Great made from scratch taste with my chicken and dumplings. Had a bite of the prime rib and it was also tasty and tender. Corn chowder doesn't necessarily sound appetizing to me but once I took a bite, I wanted to be able to make it at home. They have maple butter for the corn fritters and regular butter for anything else. My salad was fresh and the ranch dressing was thick and creamy. You get as many green beans and mashed potatoes as you want (served family style in a bowl). I even got a second helping of the chicken and dumplings (so now I have another meal). My son got chocolate cake for dessert. Good old fashioned kid style cake- no mousse or whipped cream or fudge sauce or chocolate chips. I got a piece of pecan pie. Was a decent sized piece-not like a sliver that you get at most restaurants. Can't forget to mention the dinner rolls that were warm and soft and with that real butter....yummy! Sweet tea is good but I normally get half and half. It's about the same sweetness as McDonald's. Our server was attentive and anticipated our needs but to be honest, everybody there from the bus boys to the managers, was working very hard. This place is a gem and is a must visit for first timers to PF and GB. I imagine most of the people in the restaurant, though, have been there numerous times. Keep up the great job Old Mill. We will be back!!

3  Thank CaroleW47
Reviewed July 28, 2014

This isn't a secret by far. We tried this restaurant on the recommendations from several people. So now I will recommend it to you. Excellent food, the portions are enormous, and the service is very quick. On our visit I had the Turkey and Dressing and my meal would have easily fed 2 people. We ate during the lunch hours and I have heard the portions are even bigger during dinner service (I can't imagine more food). So if you go to Pigeon Forge do yourself a favor and try The Old Mill Restaurant.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

First time eating there. Loved the food. Service was great. Only thing is if you are disabled its a long walk up to the restaurant. Great country cooking!!