“Past Glory”

Ranked #10 of 195 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I recently returned to the Old Mill after not having dined there for many years. I traveled off season and caught them on a slow day. When it originally opened, the restaurant offered a wide variety of southern style meals. I noticed this time that, while there were a variety of meats, the vegetables had all been set to green beans and mashed potatoes. I ordered grilled chicken stir fry and it wasn't as good either. They serve corn chowder and corn fritters with most meals and they were as good as ever. The restaurant uses overseas waitresses as foreign guest workers so don't be surprised with a Russian or Eastern European accent with your Southern fried chicken. Summary--meals are affordable with big portions--less variety which new guests won't ever realize.

1  Thank Michael M
Write a ReviewReviews (10,272)

Reviewed May 27, 2014

My group of 5 soon became a group of 10 when friends decided to join us. Our waiter was very accommodating and friendly and made sure our friends could sit near us. The portions were huge! The corn chowder is amazing! It was the best soup I've ever had. My mom is from Tennessee and makes turkey and cornbread dressing so of course, I had to try theirs. It was BETTER than my moms! Mashed potatoes were awesome. The green beans had a great flavor. The bread they brought out was so good. And the pecan pie was delicious. I was stuffed and the price at lunch was great. The service was great too. Then go over to the gift shop and don't forget to check out the falls. Favorite meal in Pigeon Forge.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Visited Pigeon Forge for the first time this year and we were going to try a different place to dine each day.We went to the Old Mill for Breakfast on the first morning there and ended up eating there four morinings out of 6. We also eat there one evening for supper.The meals are great and the price is good for all you got to eat. Going back next year and this place is on top of your list to eat.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We enjoyed the family style food and Huge round table big enough for our large party. The Corn chowder was great ,as well as, the Chicken and dumplings. We would definitely recommend the tour of the Old mill next door and the gift shop.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Breakfast is our favorite meal at the Old Mill. The portion sizes are more than adequate. We have had quiche and traditional eggs and meat breakfasts. Their locally produced sausage is really good. Eggs have always been cooked exactly as ordered. Biscuits are fresh and hot. Lunch and dinner dishes are also really good - again way more than enough food! You might consider sharing a plate!!! Love the old mill atmosphere - ask for a table overlooking the river for a relaxing view during your meal.