“Very good lunch”

Ranked #7 of 179 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My family ate lunch at The Old Mill. They start you out with corn chowder & corn fritters with maple butter. Both was very good. The chicken & dumplings was so good. Really close to my moms. Cat fish was also good. The mashed potatoes & green beans you get with the meals was really good also. Well worth the long walk to eat here. Also the lunch portions was big. We took enough home for another two meals. Our waitress was very friendly, checked on us often and our drinks was always full.

There are newer reviews for The Old Mill Restaurant

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I can't say we had a bad meal while in Pigeon Forge for 9 days, but I can say our fav. place is The Old Mill Restaurant. There was a wait, but we shopped in the little shops close by. Once they get you seated, the service is quick and swift and everything moves along like it should. My husband had the prime rib and I had the stir fry with grilled shrimp (both hot and tasted great), everything comes with fritters, maple butter, cream corn chowder, a salad, and you pick dessert. We chose vanilla bean ice cream (made in the creamery next door) and blackberry cobbler, warm and delicious. Good food and service (worth the wait)! Whenever we are close we will stop in and eat here!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Been to the Old Mill on every visit to the area over the years. We enjoy it every time. We went one night at 5:30 and were told a 45 minute wait. That is not long, but we left and came back for a late lunch the next day. No wait from 2pm - 3:30pm. We like getting the soup and fritters to start, Yummy! The food portions were very large. my wife always gets the pot roast and loves it each time. My kids love the pole beans as a side. We do not eat dessert there as we are not cake or pecan pie fans. I wish they had other choices.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

My family of 4 ate here for lunch and was pleased. For $10.50 per meal we all had plenty to eat(of course the kids didnt finish theirs), so we had some to take home. Very good home-made southern style food. Don't know about the dinner menu and how much the prices to up, but thought it was a good value for lunch. Will return.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

You had to wait for a long time, but they gave you a ton of food and it starts right when you sit down w/corn chowder & a salad.. so if you are starving that's wonderful. It was like a well oiled machine.... we had a ton of food left over.