“Best place to stay that we've found”
Review of Riverside Towers

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pigeon Forge
Riverside Towers
Ranked #48 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Best place to stay that we've found”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We have been coming to this area since 1982. Over the years we've stayed at quite a few hotels. In 2007 we discovered the Riverside Towers. We've been coming back ever since. The staff is very friendly, the price is reasonable, and we love the deck to cook our own meals & relax. The only downfalls of this hotel are: shared balconies, and internet connection. We love this hotel & will return again this year!

Room Tip: West side rooms have better internet connection.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank LuvTen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed December 23, 2012

This is a great place to stay! I enjoyed the view from the 5th floor, across from the Old Mill....great location, right on the strip...our room was a King size room and a queen size room, which could be seperated by a sliding door for privacy...had a large refrigerator, a fireplace, a bar sink, and microwave, etc. Oh and patio....we really enjoyed our stay there, and will definitely stay again!! Also and indoor pool!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Trizem21
Pigeon Forge, TN
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I've stayed here a few times when the weather gets too bad to get up the hill to my house (I live in Pigeon Forge.)

The staff could this past winter could have used a few lessons in hospitality. The rooms are okay. Plenty of amenities, but they are overdue for an update. Should give a local or bad weather discount, I mean I literally work ACROSS THE STREET.

I've not used the pool. They did have a wine opener, which I had forgotten.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nites. Check in was very easy, and the staff were extremely friendly. Our room had a king size bed which was very comfortable, a jacuzzi and fireplace (which we didn't use), as well as a kitchenette consisting of a small full size fridge with freezer, sink, cupboards and stocked with plates and utensils for 4, along with toaster, coffeemaker and can opener, table with 2 chairs and an easy chair. The room was very bright and spacious and spotless as was the bathroom. The bathroom was small but that didn't bother me because the vanity was outside, which I prefer. It too was very spacious. There is tile in the kitchen and vanity/entry area and carpet in the sleeping area. Both were spotless. The downside (and this is personal, and might not bother someone else) was that we could hear our neighbor's TV as well as toilets flushing and showers running. However, I am a very light sleeper, so it bothered me. Also, the internet is hit or miss. The other thing I didn't like was that even though we had a balcony, it was shared with the room next to us. It would have been nice if there had been at least a railing in between. I probably wouldn't stay here again because of the noise factor, but like I said, it was a great room, with very nice staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank luvdance46
Chatsworth, Georgia
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed 4 nights in October, 2012. The view from Room 607 balcony was wonderful.
However, the balconies on the top floor should be covered with a canopy to prevent the pigeons from pooping on the balcony and chairs. One of the chairs on the balcony was covered with it from pigeons nesting on the roof. The chair had a hole in it. Furthermore, I did not feel secure sharing a balcony. People in the next room could easily break through the window and come in, although that did not happen. The bathroom: commode too close to the floor, mildew visible in tile grout around shower and the drain was rusted. Windows: curtains in desperate need of cleaning. Bed in smaller bedroom was too hard. We stayed the full four nights this year but won't stay there again. Oh, the chair in the master bedroom has ragged upholstery. It could be such a beautiful suite, too!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ponchatoula
Reviewed October 16, 2012

hotel was unusually quiet for a downstars, by front desk room. Never heard a sound. Clean, comfortable and cozy. Fire place in room is a nice touch. I would definitely stay here again. So conveniet to all attractions. Mark at front desk was exceptional.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kathy P
Shady Spring, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Me and my wife had seen the hotel an liked its location and thought it be a excellent place for the Rod Run! We booked, we eve decided to book a extra day a week before to have more time to enjoy! On our first day their the kids went to the pool, one of ours got sick and vomited in the pool right after another little boy had done the same, needless to say we didnt go back too the pool! My wife informed the staff of this and the woman was rather rude and upset that she had do take care of this and said well I'll just lock it up and let them deal with it tomorrow! later that night while me and my father inlaw were driving around watching the cars, my wife called and told me we had ants in our room, front desk was helpful, but only could offer bug spray we had to go get cause he was only one working!( we were offered another room on same floor but felt end result wld be same, and moving 2 adults and 3 kids would be too much because they were asleep). Their was no breakfast. my wife forgot her toothbrush and they didnt stock anything of that nature(most hotels do)! We did enjoy the location, the joined balconies we didnt care for, and staff left balcony door open the day we had the kids re hang the do not disturb (wouldnt stay on door) sign come to find out the back side of it requested maid service(never seen that)! For the normal price they would of got a poor rating, for charging 3 times that much for the rod run and our experience we had to go terrible! The rooms were dated, still had boxed tvs and bathroom lighting was awful! Beds were ok. The elevator was awesome, superfast and smooth!

Room Tip: river view gets morning sun!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family