“Fun, fun, fun!”

Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Come Ride the Hill and Feel the Thrill! The Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster is the longest downhill ride in the United States, with over 1 mile of track. So if you are looking for an unforgettable experience in your vacation here in the Great Smoky mountains, this is a must do! The vehicles are designed to carry two visitors in comfort but can be handled easily by one alone. The riders are in control of the velocity (up to 27 mph) and this gives them a unique hands-on experience! Rain, snow or sunshine, no problem - the excellent braking effect is unchanged so you can ride year-round! Tickets and packages are now available, age restrictions may apply, parents may need to ride with small children. Our track has thousands of colored LED lights so you can experience our awesome Night Rides! The great "Über Ride" is HERE!
Sebring, Florida
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fun, fun, fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

What a blast! Unlike the Alpine Slide, here you can go as fast as you want! Make sure you're buckled in!

Columbus, Ohio, United States
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great attraction for every member of the family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

My whole family really enjoyed the Smoky Mountain Coaster! The price is good, and the facilities are nice as well. The ride up the mountain is very relaxing and the way down is pretty fun, I recommend not using the brakes at all! We had our 4 month old along with us on the trip so 2 from our group went at a time while the others waited near the line with the baby, then switched. Initially I thought I would want to ride along with my husband, but once we got there realized the sleds are pretty small for 2 adults, probably would only ride 2 to a sled with a child.

Knoxville, Tennessee
3 attraction reviews
“Awesome!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

Not only was the ride extremely fun but me being cool, or so I thought, tried recording the ride on my phone and dropped my phone near the end, but of course high up. One of the workers climbed up and retrieved my phone for me after they closed.. while we waited my friends also forgot their cameras but they were found the next morning, and we retrieved them all the next day... For a great experience and honesty of the staff we give this 5 stars and we will definitely be back

Kinston, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“family vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

This was a new attraction this year!! It was very exciting to be able to ride through the mountain like this. Enjoyed very much!

Visited April 2014
Lugoff, South Carolina
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great for young and old”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

This is so much fun for anyone and any age. It is easy to control but just don't put your hands or feet out. They will be hurt by the concrete.