“Had a riot doing this.”

Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Come Ride the Hill and Feel the Thrill! The Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster is the longest downhill ride in the United States, with over 1 mile of track. So if you are looking for an unforgettable experience on your vacation here in the Great Smoky Mountains, this is a must do! The vehicles are designed to carry two visitors in comfort but can be handled easily by one alone. The riders are in control of the velocity (up to 27 mph) and this gives them a unique hands-on experience! Rain, snow or sunshine, no problem - the excellent braking effect is unchanged so you can ride year-round! Tickets and packages are now available, age restrictions may apply, parents may need to ride with small children. Our track has thousands of colored LED lights so you can experience our awesome Night Rides! The great "Über Ride" is HERE!
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Just down the street from my brothers cabin. Always lots of cars there but on a Tuesday morning not so. Checked it out. NICE!! They put some $$$ into this attraction. I'd do it again. Easy to do, very enjoyable.

1  Thank Bill B
Write a ReviewReviews (4,051)
All reviews
in 462 reviews
"coupon"
in 315 reviews

Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

WOW This was so much fun! I went online & found a $3 off coupon which saved us some bucks because we bought so many tickets! I can't believe this coaster hasn't been here for years! Wish I had thought of it cause it's a big hit! The line was long but moved nicely! The ride itself seemed to last a good bit....the trip up the mountain was so beautiful....I love the mountains....down the mountain was a blast! I Never put on the brakes but the ride slows down on its own at areas Safety first! We will ride this coaster again & again & again.........

2  Thank JoannElizabeth
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Surprised it was open on Thanksgiving but glad it was. It was cold and snowy, but the coaster still was open and my kids and I had a blast. Great views and felt safe the whole time.

1  Thank CJGGSP
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This place is AWESOME! We went on the weekend, and even though there was a bit of a line, it moved quickly and the wait was short. Enjoyed the ride so much we came back the next day and did it again. Friendly staff, an incredible ride experience. And since the ride has brakes the rider can control, even those who aren't comfortable with the speed can enjoy...but forget the brakes, go full speed! It's FUN-TASTIC!!!