“Great ride but should've been faster”

Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Come Ride the Hill and Feel the Thrill! The Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster is the longest downhill ride in the United States, with over 1 mile of track. So if you are looking for an unforgettable experience on your vacation here in the Great Smoky Mountains, this is a must do! The vehicles are designed to carry two visitors in comfort but can be handled easily by one alone. The riders are in control of the velocity (up to 27 mph) and this gives them a unique hands-on experience! Rain, snow or sunshine, no problem - the excellent braking effect is unchanged so you can ride year-round! Tickets and packages are now available, age restrictions may apply, parents may need to ride with small children. Our track has thousands of colored LED lights so you can experience our awesome Night Rides! The great "Über Ride" is HERE!
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Great ride. New clean. Employees could've been more courteous. Ride will only let u get to 30 mph but could handle more.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,006)
All reviews
in 462 reviews
"coupon"
in 315 reviews

Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I were looking for something out of the ordinary to do for fun and decided on the alpine coaster. My only regret was riding in the same cart as him he wanted to go faster than my comfort level, I really enjoyed it though and next time I will be sure to get my own cart so I can go at my own speed. I really also liked that kids can ride with an adult if they are 3 and up and to get their own cart they need to be 56 inches (I think).All of my kids could ride this and no one would be left out!!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

This was so fun, you go up the mountain and then come racing down at your own speed. The view was gorgeous and the ride down was quite the thrill, especially since you could go at your own pace, but not stop. I would definitely do this again.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

The newest attraction in PF. We loved it on a beautiful fall day taking in the sights and smells of the Smoky Mountains in the fall...it doesn't get any better! The ride was exciting and long enough and very safe! Be sure to put this on your to do list!