“Better than expected!”

Poynor's Pommes Frites
Ranked #16 of 198 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Description: DIRECTIONS to The Island In Pigeon Forge - a new red light has been installed between lights #3 & #4 for The Island Dr... Turn onto 'The Island Dr.' And we're located under the "Smoky Mountain Wheel" on the right side of the development. "German Food Served FAST" -- Specialty Items Include: Pommes Frites / Belgium Fries & Dipping Sauces, a Variety of Authentic German Sausages / Bratwursts, Fresh Baked Brötchen (German Hard Rolls) and several Desserts including Spaghetti Ice. HOPE TO SEE YA SOON!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I read Yelp! reviews before coming here because my sister had chosen this eatery without our input. We approached this meal with some trepidation. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The brats were steamed then grilled for color. The brötchen were, as advertised, hard rolls. The pomme frites were good, but I would have preferred them more crispy. 4 different mustards were available. Many sauces, but we stuck with ketchup (boring!).

Having eaten in Germany on many occasions, I don’t know if I would call this authentic. Pomme frites are French, after all. And, wurst would be served on a plate with fried potatoes and kraut or red cabbage, rolls on the side. I understand the concept the owner is working, and given his space limitations, it works.

We found the staff to be very personable and they went out of their way to make our visit great!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,516)

Reviewed September 11, 2018

I expected fries smothered in some sauce of my choosing but found out that is not how it is done. You get a basket of fries and a small container (think ketchup at the fast food place) of whatever sauce you have chosen. You then dip the fry in that sauce. Fries were good and hot.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

Spaghetti ice cream was fun. The fries were OK - sauce selection good. The staff was distracted but we managed.

Reviewed September 4, 2018

What a great find. Every military brat,station in Germany knows what I’m talking about (❤️..Every bite took me back!) If you love German food. This is a must! The taste of the food, especially the sauces were perfect to what I remember. My husband and I go to Gatlinburg two- three times a year and this will be a must for me every time! First timers please try. It will be a treat. Danke schon

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

We have been in there probably 3 times and always had fresh fries, good service. They have some seating inside and outside. Nice place for a quick snack.