“Nice surprise”

Poynor's Pommes Frites
Ranked #16 of 200 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Description: DIRECTIONS to The Island In Pigeon Forge - a new red light has been installed between lights #3 & #4 for The Island Dr... Turn onto 'The Island Dr.' And we're located under the "Smoky Mountain Wheel" on the right side of the development. "German Food Served FAST" -- Specialty Items Include: Pommes Frites / Belgium Fries & Dipping Sauces, a Variety of Authentic German Sausages / Bratwursts, Fresh Baked Brötchen (German Hard Rolls) and several Desserts including Spaghetti Ice. HOPE TO SEE YA SOON!
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

We were walking around the Island and weren't particularly hungry but I can never turn down fries. Did not disappoint. Hot and greasy. Wait time was a little long as it was in two staff working

1  Thank Raylene J
Write a ReviewReviews (1,518)

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Smoked pork and beef sausage $6.37 (It was prety good. A bit on the small side. Good roll.). Frites $4.97 (Amazing. Star of the show. Also worth the $0.77 for an extra sauce. Tried warm cheese and a creamy roast garlic.). Cherry Coke $2.97 (A bit pricey for a fountain drink, but not unexpected.). Guy talked me out of the large drink so I could get a $0.87 combo discount. Total price: $15.77 for one person. The reason I gave a three star rating instead of five? $1.27 for refills on a fountain soda that cost three bucks. I understand you are here to make money, but fountain sodas cost you maybe ten cents a fill-up. Get with the times and stop nickel and diming your customers.

2  Thank FoxOrion
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

We went just one night because I wanted French fries. The ranch Parmesan sauce is out of this world. Had to go back again before we left! The guys working were super nice on both visits! I’d highly recommend this place!!

1  Thank Amy G
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

The workers here are amazing and so kind. They gave us a discount just because we had to wait a little. Super great customer service I loved it! Food is also awesome. Definitely coming again

1  Thank Caroline F
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

Our hotel was across from The Island so we look at the website for options for dinner. I noticed this place and it caught my attention because both my wife and I loved German food. My wife who had been to Germany a few times always talked about this dessert called Spaghetti Eis. ( Ice Cream and other this that make it look like a plate of spaghetti). So when we saw they had it, it was our first stop of our trip. Our food was amazing and I was excited to finally try a dish that my wife had talked about for years. Our Brats and fries were amazing and they even had a great kids meal that my 19 month old enjoyed. I really like the different sauces they have that they make themselves but the best part of variety of mustards they had on the table. It went well with my hard roll that the brat came with. The Spaghetti Eis lived up to the hype as well. I highly suggest to try this place out. To top the visit off the two guys working ( Shannon and Paul ) we awesome and had a nice convo with them. They even told me the history of how the place started and how the owners father was in the military stationed in Germany. More places need employees like them.