“Amazing time!”

Poynor's Pommes Frites
Ranked #16 of 198 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: DIRECTIONS to The Island In Pigeon Forge - a new red light has been installed between lights #3 & #4 for The Island Dr... Turn onto 'The Island Dr.' And we're located under the "Smoky Mountain Wheel" on the right side of the development. "German Food Served FAST" -- Specialty Items Include: Pommes Frites / Belgium Fries & Dipping Sauces, a Variety of Authentic German Sausages / Bratwursts, Fresh Baked Brötchen (German Hard Rolls) and several Desserts including Spaghetti Ice. HOPE TO SEE YA SOON!
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

The workers here are amazing and so kind. They gave us a discount just because we had to wait a little. Super great customer service I loved it! Food is also awesome. Definitely coming again

1  Thank Caroline F
Write a ReviewReviews (1,516)

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

Our hotel was across from The Island so we look at the website for options for dinner. I noticed this place and it caught my attention because both my wife and I loved German food. My wife who had been to Germany a few times always talked about this dessert called Spaghetti Eis. ( Ice Cream and other this that make it look like a plate of spaghetti). So when we saw they had it, it was our first stop of our trip. Our food was amazing and I was excited to finally try a dish that my wife had talked about for years. Our Brats and fries were amazing and they even had a great kids meal that my 19 month old enjoyed. I really like the different sauces they have that they make themselves but the best part of variety of mustards they had on the table. It went well with my hard roll that the brat came with. The Spaghetti Eis lived up to the hype as well. I highly suggest to try this place out. To top the visit off the two guys working ( Shannon and Paul ) we awesome and had a nice convo with them. They even told me the history of how the place started and how the owners father was in the military stationed in Germany. More places need employees like them.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Great authentic German food. They have fountain drinks, as well as bottled. The dessert, Spaghetti ice is really good. A must stop on every trip to Pigeon Forge, The Island!

Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

We were walking thru the island and once I seen the name of this place I had to stop. They have 25 sauces to choose from also. The only thing I didn’t care for was the buns they used, other than that it’s a must

1  Thank unicorn1935
Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

We discovered Poynor’s while searching for good German food, and this small family-run restaurant didn’t disappoint. The owner took our order and was extremely helpful explaining the sausage options and dipping sauces for the fantastic French fries. If your kids are picky eaters, they might turn up their noses at the authentic bratwursts, but we rewarded ours for finishing their meals with the one of a kind “spaghetti ice” dessert. One was plenty to share.

I really enjoyed my meal and would go back in a heartbeat. If you are looking for something a little different than the standard resort fare, I highly recommend Poynor’s for lunch.

It’s harder to find than you would think, but we were glad we persisted. Your GPS might lead you astray but follow the directions the owner posted on TripAdvisor.