“Excellent choice”

Poynor's Pommes Frites
Ranked #7 of 183 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: DIRECTIONS to The Island In Pigeon Forge - a new red light has been installed between lights #3 & #4 for The Island Dr... Turn onto 'The Island Dr.' And we're located under the "Smoky Mountain Wheel" on the right side of the development. "German Food Served FAST" -- Specialty Items Include: Pommes Frites / Belgium Fries & Dipping Sauces, a Variety of Authentic German Sausages / Bratwursts, Fresh Baked Brötchen (German Hard Rolls) and several Desserts including Spaghetti Ice. HOPE TO SEE YA SOON!
Reviewed November 24, 2013

My husband and I stopped in for lunch yesterday. Very enjoyable experience and delicious food. The place is super clean and owner/employee went out of their way explaining the dips and sauces. Friendly place. We will go back on our next visit to Pigeon Forge.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,404)

Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

As locals this is the type of place we love to see pop up here. Great food, served by a very nice and hospitable owner. The dipping sauces alone will keep me going back and they were just part of a great meal. Try the cuckoo sauce !

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We ate here yesterday during our visit to Pigeon Forge. The pomme frites (german french fries) were so delicious!! I agree with a previous reviewer - they were crispy on the outside and like a baked potato on the inside. Perfectly salted and the black forest dipping sauce is a must! It was my first bratwurst and it was very good as well. The gentleman who worked there was very helpful and informative at explaining all of the different mustards imported from Germany to accompany the brats. We plan on returning today for lunch before we head back home.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Based on the TripAdvisor ratings, I decided to try Poynor's tonight instead of some of my usual BBQ places. It was well worth it! The owner, Poynor, was friendly, helpful and went out of his way to ensure I had a great meal. He obviously takes pride in his food as he explained to me some of the new dips he was creating for the pommes frites.

There were many positives and no negatives. There was a great selection of brats, and the one I selected (smoked) had a nice flavor and a great snap when I bit into it. It was served on a fresh, tasty roll. The choice of mustards is excellent, from mild to spicy to coarse ground mustard. There's even French's if no other mustard appeals to you. The pommes frites were excellent, and the portion size was very generous. Add on Poynor's friendly personality and it became a perfect meal. I'd rate the service higher than a five if I had the option. Give it a try and you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stopped in for a salty hot snack on a cold rainy day. The fries were wonderful, the sauce were just as good (we had the parm ranch and the roasted garlic). The owner took the time to explain the sauces and then set us up a TV tray while we sat on one of the old church pews. The fries were fresh, hot, and delicious! It was just what we wanted. Stop in and get some fried if your looking for a snack, you won't regret it.