“Great food & even better customer service!”

Poynor's Pommes Frites
Ranked #7 of 182 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast
Description: DIRECTIONS to The Island In Pigeon Forge - a new red light has been installed between lights #3 & #4 for The Island Dr... Turn onto 'The Island Dr.' And we're located under the "Smoky Mountain Wheel" on the right side of the development. "German Food Served FAST" -- Specialty Items Include: Pommes Frites / Belgium Fries & Dipping Sauces, a Variety of Authentic German Sausages / Bratwursts, Fresh Baked Brötchen (German Hard Rolls) and several Desserts including Spaghetti Ice. HOPE TO SEE YA SOON!
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

My mother-in-law & I stopped in for a bite to eat. I had the pommes frites & my mom in law had the landonslide dessert. The food was awesome & we enjoyed sitting outside on the patio. What a relaxing experience! Also, I can't explain enough how friendly the owners are & truly wanted us to be pleased with our visit. They were the absolute best & I can't wait to go back! Thank you for a great time & good conversation!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,403)

Reviewed September 26, 2013

The very best fries and brats I have ever had! Poynor and his wife, Tammy, were a joy to meet and spent their time getting to know us and now we feel as if we have found new friends. Everything is authentic and original. Brats actually from Germany and fresh made bread. And those original sauces, WOW!!! Highly recommend the Black Forest Garlic sauce. Went there twice this week and plan on coming back when we get to Pigeon Forge again. Can't wait!!

Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Large frites are large. We were going to order two, and the owner talked us down to one, saying "they're really big" she was right, and I appreciate a business owner sacrificing revenue to improve customer satisfaction... That's good business. Brats are great. The only problem with the sauces is that there are so many good choices.

It is odd to find. It's in The Island. Park in the free parking and look by\behind the ferris wheel.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Excellent bratwurst, excellent bread, excellent fries, and excellent sauces. Owners were a delight to meet and treated us as if we were lifelong friends. Ah, the long lost art of customer service personalized for each and every customer. Hard to believe but true!! First bite of the brat immediately sent me back to my days in Europe and we will certainly stop in for food and hospitality everytime we visit the area. DON'T MISS THIS EXPERIENCE.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I searched online for new places to eat at in Pigeon Forge and found this place so I had to try it. 1st, the owners were so worth the trip itself. They were very sweet & treated their customers as friends like they knew them for years. 2nd, the fries were so good and the different sauces were awesome. I will definitely go back every chance I get...