“Best fries ever tasted....”

Poynor's Pommes Frites
Ranked #13 of 185 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Description: DIRECTIONS to The Island In Pigeon Forge - a new red light has been installed between lights #3 & #4 for The Island Dr... Turn onto 'The Island Dr.' And we're located under the "Smoky Mountain Wheel" on the right side of the development. "German Food Served FAST" -- Specialty Items Include: Pommes Frites / Belgium Fries & Dipping Sauces, a Variety of Authentic German Sausages / Bratwursts, Fresh Baked Brötchen (German Hard Rolls) and several Desserts including Spaghetti Ice. HOPE TO SEE YA SOON!
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We visited here twice in our 4 day stay in pigeon forge and had great food and the service was excellent.I would highly recomend a visit here fresh hot food with a smile...we visit pigeon forge a few times a year and this will always be a stop for me and my husband...

Write a ReviewReviews (1,443)

Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband told me we were going for German food for dinner. I instantly had in my head, Bavarian Schnitzel with Mushrooms, German Potato Salad, Red Cabbage and German Beer...What I got was so much better. After the initial shock of the place I ordered the original brat with a side of Frites and let me tell you. They were awesome. The staff/owners were amazing they constantly checked on us to see how we liked it and as we were stuffing our faces because it was so wonderful they amazed us even more by entertaining and chatting with our children (age 2 and 3) which never happens because most restaurants don't want to deal with the little ones because their manners are usually lacking. The place was clean, the food stellar and it ended up being the best meal we had the entire week. Thanks bunches and I can't wait until they open up their schnitzel location next year!

1  Thank Sunny P
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

I must say the owner & his wife are very friendly. they talk to you as if they have known you forever. The fries are very good & they have numerous dipping sauces to choose from.

1  Thank kelliebrn
Reviewed September 12, 2013

stopped into poynors pommes frites last week while at the island, was my main reason going there I had spent several years in Germany and was longing for that taste of german brats and pommes frites again. I must say this place nailed it great food and employees were super friendly. I will definitely be going back there on my next trip to town.

1  Thank Jim R
Reviewed September 12, 2013

By far the best Frites (fries) I have ever eaten and the service is better than the food. My wife and I come to Pigeon Forge every year and found Poynors on Trip Advisior as being the best in Pigeon Forge so we tried them and glad we did because they are the best anywhere. Poynor's will be at the top of our list for things to do next year .

1  Thank Gary B