“Comfortable, cozy, everything you need”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Gas Grill
Patio Furniture
Relaxing Hot Tub
Surrounding Area View
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
KellyBond...
Troy, Michigan
“Comfortable, cozy, everything you need”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Jungle Fever was spotless, well-decorated, and complete with anything you'd need (for example, a blender - just in case you didn't want to pack yours). The bed was SO comfortable, and so was the couch, which I fell asleep on several times after many hours of walking downtown Gatlinburg. All of the decor was tasteful and put-together, not like a mismatched collection thrown together for the sake of a theme.

There was also a baby giraffe who watched over you from on top of the bathroom and I felt very safe and protected by him, in case of the sturdy door lock somehow failing to keep out bears or drunken mountain men. Just kidding, we never saw anyone else on the mountain despite the cabin being tucked into a little nook with three other rentals. It was as quiet as can be. And even if all our neighbors WERE party animals, they still wouldn't have seen us practically catatonic in the jacuzzi, since it's on the balcony which overlooks a drop-off - completely shielded from view.

If you come to Jungle Fever, and I suggest that you do, take your GPS's directions with a grain of salt. Ours wanted us to explore a few tiny roads that it didn't even register on the map. We had a Jeep, so we were fine, but it took some maneuvering regardless.

Date of stay: December 2013
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
travlinhi...
Biloxi, Mississippi
“Secluded mountain top near Dollywood in alcove of 5 private cabins”
Reviewed December 2, 2013 for a stay in November 2013
person found this review helpful

Nicely decorated, clean cozy modern two person cabin atop steep switchback roads. Try to arrive before dark to find it. Rely on the written instructions from owner with minor assistance from the GPS that may detour your directions. The cabin was modernly decorated with an African motif. Booked the cabin for 5 nights months in advance but stayed only 3 because the snowfall slicked the roads of black ice during the freeze that occurred during our stay. The other two nights we stayed at the Hampton Inn in Gatlinburg because we were not certain our van could make the inclines on the two freezing nights (our choice so we had things to do) during our booking. After talking to neighbors when returning our final night, we found out that everyone who stayed during the snowstorm was trapped in (so stock plenty of food in the winter). The kitchen was well equipped and the gas grill on the deck was well served as was the outdoor preheated hot tub shielded by one privacy wall (which the others on our cove did not have). The hot tub gave great comfort to worn muscles after skiing at Ober in Gatlinburg although through the trees there are 4 other cabins that face the hot tub deck (for you nudies). The beautifully timber framed bed with pillow top king bed would've been more comfy if I was able to pull off the crumply plastic mattress protection cover from beneath the sheets (FYI - Rooms To Go sells a fabric waterproof mattress protector that would've not felt like I was sleeping on a kid's bed). I was disappointed that the beautiful stone work fireplace I saw in the photos actually held an electronic "wood like" ensemble that only glowed when plugged in and made weird fire like crackling sounds if that's what you set it to. The two cabins across the way had firewood stacked leading me to believe they had real wood fireplaces (but one didn't have a hot tub or a gas grill and/or privacy fence). We caught a few cold shocked wasps as crawling out of the fireplace and set them free to freeze outdoors. Let it be known, being that high up, you will get well water that comes with a harsh sulphur smell (rotten egg smell) so don't blame your husband. You will get used to it, its still clear, so bring bottled water to drink.
I would return to this cabin again if in any time other than the winter unless I had a four or front wheel drive small vehicle (to pass on narrow icy winter roads). We found Gatlinburg was more exciting because there was so much to do within walking distance. Pigeon Forge was not nearly as quaint as we thought it would be (mostly attractions along a highway) although it is in close vicinity to Dollywood (can also take shortcut on Gnatty Branch road to get to Gatlinburg). We tried to use the DVD player to play the modern movies left for us but couldn't figure out how to get the TV to bring it up on the screen. Written instructions would have been helpful. The Wifi worked fine once the owner called us back and told us how to connect. The TV is on a satellite dish and although the TV was nice, it was way too complicated to figure out (has a hopper that we are not accustomed to). We watched what we could but TV programing doesn't offer much anyway. Netflix would be a better way to have more options of things to watch (hint hint). This cabin is great for a honeymoon couple who spend more time being private. For a not so newly wed couple, we should've only booked for 2 to 3 day max and stayed in town like we ended up doing. We still had a great time and still recommend this cabin.

Date of stay: November 2013
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Candace B
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Fabulous honeymoon retreat”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at the Jungle Fever cabin. It is beautifully decorated, the towels & linens were nicer than you would find at any hotel in the area, and Greg was very helpful & accommodating to us- I forgot to write down all of the codes for entrance & wifi, and he very promptly responded to my frantic texts for help at random hours of the night & morning! I definitely recommend this cabin.

Date of stay: October 2013
Cgailt
Versailles, Kentucky, United States
“Cozy Cabin in the Hills”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

The Cabin location is really close to town.Every thing was very nice , the only problem we had was the low water pressure but that did'nt stop my weekend Get-A-Way with my Boyfriend ! Thanks again

Date of stay: September 2013
Connelly Springs
Reviewed July 10, 2013 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

Date of stay: May 2013
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway
Management Response
Jul 10, 2013
Ned we are really happy you guys enjoyed the cabin, and look foward to you staying again.
Thanks, Greg & Rhonda
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing