“Absolutely not worth time and money!”
Review of Wonders of Flight - CLOSED

Wonders of Flight
More attraction details
Owner description: Take flight on a giant helium filled tethered balloon ride at Wonders Of Flight. Let your imagination soar to exciting heights up to 500 feet in the air with this new iconic attraction, Wonders of Flight. Experience 360 degree views of the Smoky Mountains and beyond. This is a once in a lifetime experience and an unbelievable price. Only $15.99 + Adults and $9.99 + Kids 12-Under. We open at 10:00 am each day and fly up to 500 feet weather permitting.
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I must say they it was the worst decision of my last trip to Smoky mountain to take this ride.

It took about an hour and half to get there through lot of traffic on the main road (This place is at the very end of the happening street in Pigeon Forge). The balloon can accommodate only 5-10 people depending on the wind, so expect a long wait time in the queue, mostly staring at the balloon.

It goes up and just stays there. The view around is kind of OK, not that great!

I would certainly says that it is just the shape and movement of the balloon that attracts the people. Actual ride is not exciting.

I really regret that. I could have done few other better things, like driving around through scenic drives in the the time that I spent (should I say wasted) in reaching there, waiting in queue and even the actual ride. In fact there are so many other interesting things on the parkway (US 441) for which you don't even have to drive far.

1  Thank Rajas P
"groupon"
in 19 reviews
"float"

Reviewed July 31, 2014

None of us had ever been up in a hot air balloon much less a gigantic helium balloon. The pilot was very professional and concerned with safety. This was an unforgettable and wonderful experience. My son always loves the Wonderworks Museum and we decided to 'bundle' the entry fee to the museum along with the flight experience. Great combination and we saved a few bucks to spend somewhere else.

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Take a ride in a tethered balloon. This freaked me out a little because I don't like heights. However, the ride is smooth. The view of the Smoky Mountains is beautiful. A great photo opportunity.

1  Thank Jill C
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Tethered helium balloon at 400 feet! A nice easy floating ride. Well worth the low price. Go before noon & the price is even lower & w/ lower winds more guaranteed for a smoother ride..

1  Thank Scott R