“Wow!”
Review of Wonders of Flight - CLOSED

Wonders of Flight
More attraction details
Owner description: Take flight on a giant helium filled tethered balloon ride at Wonders Of Flight. Let your imagination soar to exciting heights up to 500 feet in the air with this new iconic attraction, Wonders of Flight. Experience 360 degree views of the Smoky Mountains and beyond. This is a once in a lifetime experience and an unbelievable price. Only $15.99 + Adults and $9.99 + Kids 12-Under. We open at 10:00 am each day and fly up to 500 feet weather permitting.
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

We went on a perfect day to ride, it took us 400 ft in the air! The views were amazing, the staff was friendly, we loved it!!!

There are newer reviews for Wonders of Flight

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Our family took the balloon ride up above the city which provided some stunning views! The operator was even nice enough to let my oldest press the "big red button" to begin our descent back down to the ground! Unforgettable experience! Well worth the price of admission!

1  Thank Chris P
Reviewed June 2, 2014

The weather was perfect for us just a small breeze. So it really offered us an amazing view. My daughter loved it. The price was average for things to do in the area but if you like being high or photography then you should give it a go.

Our balloon operator was very friendly and was able to give us a lot of details on the balloon. As well as a planned new cable going in for a ride that will be over 1 hour ride and going up to a 1000 feet.

I would certainly do again and I plan on it this fall.

My only gripe on my ride was a woman so scared of heights she just sat down blocking people from being able to walk around. So if your scared of heights do others a favor and don't get on.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Flying in a hot air balloon was on our bucket list. Unfortunately, those trips are expensive and there is a slight risk. So we opted for the safer flight. This is one of three balloons this size, the largest in the world. The others are in Paris, France and Orlando, Florida. We took this flight early in the morning before we went to WonderWorks because it is located right behind WonderWorks. There was a discounted price for going before noon, only $12 per person. During the ascent and descent of 400 feet, the balloonist told us about how the balloon and cables operate and all about the safety systems in place. It is not hot air but helium so it is very safe. The view from 400 feet up was great. I don't like heights but felt safe in the "cage" that we were in. This is a circular standing area that circles the base of the balloon.

I would do this one again, just for the view.

3  Thank Diane M
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The Hubby is terrified of heights and I am extremely claustrophobic, so I wasn't surprised when he said, "NO" to the balloon ride. To HIS surprise I went anyway! We had been in the Eiffel Tower last year on the second level, only 300 feet, but it sure seemed higher than the balloon. Maybe because it was at night.

There was only a family of four with me plus the operator, who was great. We were up a little longer because we received a big gust of wind right when we started down. But I didn't mind, it is tethered and the cable he said could hold even if it was sawed almost completely in two. Yikes!

You can read my blog post about the ride with my new little friend, Wyatt here --> http://www.hopeinthehealing.com/2014/05/04/things-i-learned-from-wyatt-at-400-ft/

They had to shut it down after my ride because of the win so I made it just in time!

1  Thank candacejo
WonderWorksTN, Manager at Wonders of Flight, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Thank you for your 5-star review! We love your blog as well! What lovely pictures from such a beautiful day! We hope you can come back and see your mountains again with us soon! Maybe your sweetheart will join you now that you have tried it out first!