“Best On/Off-Season Hotel in Pigeon Forge”
Review of James Manor

and 1 more site!
James Manor
Ranked #60 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Horn Lake, Mississippi
“Best On/Off-Season Hotel in Pigeon Forge”
Reviewed January 30, 2010

This was our first time in the last 3 years staying at James Manor in the month of January. January and February is the best time to be in Pigeon Forge if you don't want to be bothered by holiday and seasonal crowds. My husband and I basically had the hotel and staff to ourselves. It was very quite and pleasant. The front desk clerk Carol was very helpful during our departure. Bad weather was approaching and Carol was very knowledge about the area's closed highways. Return customers get 10% off on future stays, thats why I love this hotel!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank eallen116

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Georgia
Reviewed October 26, 2009

This was our first stay at James Manor. We chose this place because of the good reviews. The lobby was welcoming with a fireplace and the room was clean and spacious, but the breakfast needs lots of help. The gravy was minus sausage - the usual at any other hotel we have stayed at. The biscuits had just been taken from the freezer and the gravy was not hot. It had just been mixed up. The cereal was a generic brand and tasteless. Seems you would offer more items like yogurt, bagles, English muffins and waffles. We tolerated it for the first two days, but went next door our last day to the Breakfast House. Their pancakes are wonderful. If you plan to stay at James Manor you might consider they don't have a good breakfast. Otherwise, everything else was good.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
sc
Reviewed October 13, 2009

My family recommended this place years ago and we enjoyed our first visit with you in 2005. However this past weekend I was upset about a few things. The room was fairly clean it was the bath room that had bugs in it and the drain in the floor had an unpleasent odor. I could have lived with that since we were not staying in our room except to sleep.
What upset me the most and the reason for this review is the feeling that I got from the staff. When trying to ask a question to one of the staff memories they were headed out the door for a "smoke" break , it was apparent I was interfering with her quest but she did answer my question. When trying to return the room key (twice) two staff member seeing me standing there waiting ignored me, I left thinking they were to busy for me and on my second return they still ignored me. I asked them were I needed to leave the key and one staff member w/o even looking at me, having her back turned the whole time replied "just leave it there." How rude I thought. I have been in business for many years, what ever happen to the sayings "I'm glad you stayed with us, hope you come back" or the easiest and most friendly, "Can I help you" and if you are busy, how bout "I will be with you in just a moment>"
To end this I called the hotel on my return home asking them if they had found an item I may have left and once again she cut me off by saying "If you left it" someone will call and hung up. Maybe I am to old fashion and not in with the times, maybe expecting a little Southern Hospitality is asking to much. Nevertheless, I will not be bothering your staff again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank vactioner90

Travelers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

talou1970
Reviewed October 7, 2009

This was just as good if not better that renting a cabin. STAY STAY STAY. Staff was wonderful and helped me get a refund on the Dump we checked in first.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Christiansburg
Reviewed September 29, 2009

My granddaughter and I usually go to Pigeon Forge about four times a year and this was the first time staying at James Manor. The room was very spacious. The pool was great and the breakfast was very enjoyable. The lady doing the breakfast was very friendly and helpful. I loved the view of the mountains. I was able to get a great deal on my room and hope to do the same in December. I would encourage anyone to stay there.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Dawson Springs, KY
Reviewed September 29, 2009

We vacationed in the Smokey Mts for our anniversary and our stay at James Manor was great! Not only was the price affordable but the service was awesome! And the view from the balcony made our evenings relaxing along with the jacuzzi and fire place in our room. We plan to stay at James Manor again and recommend everyone else to do so.
The location was great for shows, dining and scenery.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
virginia
Reviewed August 17, 2009

I have stayed at James Manor several times. I always find the staff helpful and friendly. The rooms clean and the service great. The location is very convientant to the attractoion of pigeon forge. I would definately recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple