“James Manor not as great as the reviews”
Review of James Manor

and 1 more site!
James Manor
Ranked #59 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Mason, Ohio
“James Manor not as great as the reviews”
Reviewed April 16, 2006

I picked James Manor based on the reviews here. I have to disagree with most about this hotel. When we first pulled in I thought the hotel looked so nice with the flowers and very clean pull up entrance. The lobby had some nice big comfy chairs and very clean. The hotel had wooded chest items as well as post cards for sell in the lobby. The front desk did look nicely decorated but that is where the disappointment started. The desk clerk women we had was not very friendly. She had a green polo James Manor shirt on and wore silver rimmed glassed. She refused to allow me to use my $5.00 off coupon because we had a room on the back side of the hotel. I feel this is bad busineess policy. After all it was only $5.00 off the first night stay. She did not seem to happy to wait on us. Didn't give us any directions to room or tells us where pool or breakfast were at. We went to the room and it did seem pretty clean until I started to look at things. (We were assigned room 605 in the back of the hotel on the 6th floor.) The microwave and fridge were dirty on the inside. They looked like they have not been wiped out in a long time. There was also some dust and some type of food spots in front of the fridge on the table it sat on. The vanity was also not very clean where the coffee pot and ice bucket sat. The tray the ice bucket sat on was dirty. That grossed me. The wood trim around door frames in the room had white spots of something splated on them. They could off wiped them down. The balconies are so small 2 chairs barely fit on it. No privatcey the balconies touch you neighbors and they could reach hand and touch you if they want. There were tons of cob webs and dead bugs on a baclony. I feel they could of used a broom to get these taken cared of. Our bed did not have blankets on them only sheet and spreads. The blankets were is the drawers all wadded up. Not sure if they were clean so we did not use. The pillows were as flat as pancakes. I also was disappointed there was no information book for the hotel. I had to call the front desk a dozen times to ask questions. For example was local calls free and the hours for the pool? Front desk did not have knowledge of attractions next to the hotel. I asked front desk for a extra hand towel and wash cloth to dry up some sprite my son spilled in his carseat and the lady said you can use the towel as long as you do not wash your car with it. I did not drive over 300 miles to wash my car. After all we were only going to have 2 days to do what we wanted. Staff was very disappointing in my eyes. I reported to staff that kids were in pool area throwing a football that hit me in the head almost 4 times and their reaction when I reported was. I need to lower my voice with them or I was going to be thrown out. No concern for guest safety here. Pool should of had pool towels. When I checked out I was not asked how my stay was. I have stayed in worse hotels that have at least ask that. Overall I would say my experience with this hotel was below average and I would not stay here again. The only 2 pros here is my 2 year old loved the outdoor kiddy pool with mushroom, and the sheets were clean. Almost forgot, The breakfast was just your average cont. breakfast not great not bad.

14 Thank sweetiepie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 12, 2006

We begin staying at James Manor five years ago, while attending both Spring / Fall Rod Runs. Pleased with the location, comfort and friendly atmosphere we keep coming back.
"Cleanliness" is a must for our family, and of course "customer services" and you get both with James Manor.

**The parking could be a little better, if you move you loose.
**During lunch/dinner hours give guest the opportunity to eat at the motel instead of going out. Have sandwiches, pizza etc for sale. I think this would be great for those that hate getting out in the traffic.

Other than the above I highly recommend James Manor and I can speak for all my family members that have stayed there, we keep coming back.

• Stayed September 2005
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 11, 2006

It was Wonderful!! WE loved the breakfast and excercise Room. Thanks for making our stay fun!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2005