“Good hotel, nice pool for kids, Curteous”
Review of James Manor

and 1 more site!
James Manor
Ranked #60 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
kingston tn.
“Good hotel, nice pool for kids, Curteous”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed at the James Hotel mostly because it was the cheapest one I found with an indoor pool. We wanted to take the grandkids to Pigeon Forge to stay overnight and go to Dollywood, It had to be a weekend because of school and the fall season is one of the most expensive in that area. So it was important to know I had a room before we got there and found out they were all booked up.
It was a 7 story Hotel within walking distance of " The Island" and had an indoor and outdoor pool, but it was a really rainy day, so I was glad to have the indoor pool. It was great for kids, the water only went up to 5 feet, and there was a nice hot tub too. The only bad thing abut it was the stron chlorine smell that made all our eyes sore and watery, and i didn't like us and the kids breathing it that strong.
It had all the normal amenities, Wi Fi ( although we never did connect) Microwave, refrigerator, hairdryer, etc. smallish TV, table and 2 chairs and a cute little balcony facing the Island, and the Ferris wheel.
The beds were very high and quite firm, but we slept well, the only thing that bothered us was all the light coming through the door from the lighted balconies. Even when we found how to close the enclosed shutters, it was as bright as day in the room, so my grandaughter had brought her own blanket, and draped it over the door, and it was much better.
All in all it was a very pleasant stay, and despite what others have said about it, we found the help at the service desk to be more than friendly and anxious to please. The breakfast was the typical motel breakfast, but it got us through to lunch.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor facing "The Island" and enjoyed that.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
JamesManorStaff, Owner at James Manor, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much and are glad that you liked our hotel. We look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Chesapeake, Ohio, United States
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I booked a room to stay in James Manor six months ago. I was told I would have a balcony room facing the Parkway. I specifically wanted that type of room to be able to view the car show. The cost was almost $200 each night. When I arrived, I was told that my reservation was not paid. Eventually, they discovered that the three night stay was paid in full six moths ago. Then, I was told that my reservation said Parkway view was "preferred" not guaranteed. I was then told that the only room available in the entire hotel was the room that I had to take. I went to the room. It had a hole in the wall and smelled like puke. They told me they were aware of the hole and were not being repaired until after all of the car shows were over. I repeatedly asked for a different room due to the strong smell of vomit. I was offered air freshener. After a very stressful exchange of words, I was offered a different room. I would have left if my payment was refundable. The location is nice, but the the lady at the front desk is rude and they did not honor the reservation or seem to care about renting me a room that had an obvious smell of vomit. The room was not worth the cost and the treatment by the staff was the worst I have ever experienced. Also the beds in the stinky room were OK, but the second room had very uncomfortable beds. Overall, it was a very bad experience.

Room Tip: Get reservation guarantee in writing. I would recommend a different hotel due to the rudeness of the...
5 Thank Melody F
JamesManorStaff, General Manager at James Manor, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
I apologize for the experience due to some confusion in your booking. There were no rooms available due to full occupancy otherwise you would have been given another room. The hole in the wall was caused by the previous guest which has since been repaired. All of our rooms have got new beds recently and all of our guests are enjoying them.

Once again I apologize and look forward to see you again.

Travelers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed September 12, 2013

the last time we stayed here will be the last the management at this hotel has really went down we had some issues with bed bugs and she said she didn't think they were bed bugs and I said what kind of bugs are allowed in your beds and I also agreed to take her up to the room and show her the blood on the pillow where I was bitten numerous times but she said I'm not going up there it took some doing but I got a refund

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank sam m
South Carolina, United States
Reviewed September 9, 2013

James Manor is in the heart of Pigeon Forge, and is a prime location to stay for any family. However, I think that it may be seen as a pass for a lack of customer service. Keep in mind that they have 3 wonderful, family friendly pools and a nice hot tub. The problem was especially for an extended stay you have to use the towels from your room for both pool and bathing. I called the front desk around 9am after our 2nd day and asked if we could exchange out our towels and was told " uh we have to wash them first", very rudely. It was 7pm later that day before someone came to our floor to clean and finally brought us towels. I find that its the simple things, that make the customer experience memorable. Other than this incident, the hotel was nice, loved the amenities, and how close it is to all the attractions.

1 Thank Emily P
Thanks for your comments. We apologize for the towels experience. We have enough towels but on busy weekends like car show days, it becomes more important for us to wash and clean them before we supply them to the rooms. We keep pool towels at the front desk for our guests.

It is so unfortunate that we keep buying 40-50 dozen towels every 4-5 months due to the fact they some guests do steal them and take with them at check out. We cannot check their luggage at check out but that is a fact that they are found missing many times.
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Love staying at James Manor. Always clean we stay here 2 or 3 times a year. The staff is always very friendly. The family suite is also very nice if you want the whole family in the same room. James Manor love the new mat

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Wilkesboro, North Carolina
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We have been staying here 8+ years, at least once a year, sometimes twice. The only complaint we had this year was the pool, it has always been clean in the past but this year just wasn't the same. Enjoyed walking to the Island every night for the music. We love James Manors location.

Room Tip: We always pick a 01 room, they have private balconies.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

3 Thank nickel123101
Ripley, Mississippi
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My family and I stayed here for 3 nights July 2013. Our stay was great. I have 3 boys which is sometimes hard to entertain. The pool was nice ( both indoors and out) we were in walking distance of the arcade across the street, the Ferris wheel and aracade behind the hotel , and several places to eat. The staff was helpful and friendly the few times I had questions. I will stay here again when I visit Piegon Forge.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family