“Handicap Room”

Ranked #60 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Brooksville, Kentucky, United States
“Handicap Room”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have a son that is in a wheelchair and the beds were too high for him to get in/or out of bed, the walk in shower has a crack where someone had run their wheelchair in there, the toilet tilted up when you would get off of it, there was only 1" on both sides of the dresser and bed for a wheelchair to go in and it didn't have any room for him to turn around, the Jacuzzi was not up to temp. , there was a light outside on the 3rd. floor that was flickering on and off at night and they had a towel over it. I went to the service desk to complain and they would not do anything about it. We will not be staying at this hotel again! The worst service and room we have ever been in!

Room Tip: I will not go to this hotel again when I visit Pigeon Forge, TN
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Beckym4246

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Good people, good service, just a wonderful place to stay. Very friendly people that care about your needs. The rooms are very nice and the maid service is very good. They also have an indoor and outdoor pool that is very nice.

• Stayed July 2013
Fletcher, North Carolina
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband & I went with my older 2 boys, age 17 & 12. I booked a mini-suite, which had 2 queen beds & a sleeper sofa. When we got to our SMELLY room, there was no ice bucket & no sheets, blanket or anything for the sleeper sofa. So I went to the front desk to ask for an ice bucket, sheets & a blanket for my son to sleep on the sleeper sofa. When I asked for an ice bucket, the desk clerk told me that there should be one in the room, no kidding, but I let her know that there was not one. She looked and found me a VERY DIRTY USED ice bucket. I asked for sheets & a blanket for the sleeper sofa, she said she would bring them shortly to our room. We waited an hour, still no sheets or blanket, so we decided to go eat. When we returned appareantly she came into our room and left a fitted & a flat sheet but that was all. So, then for breakfast there was FROZEN donuts, FROZEN waffles, FROZEN biscuits, all of which you had to microwave yourself with gravy that was thin as water, DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!

Room Tip: High floors on the island side with the ferris wheel.
2 Thank M W
JamesManorStaff, Owner at James Manor, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thanks for posting your comments on Trip Advisor. We will certainly look into the issues raised by you and apologize for the housekeeping staff not performing to their best. The breakfast that we offer has been liked by most guests. Please bear in mind that we can provide hot breakfast but that would mean we will have to increase our rates. Hope that you will come back and stay with us again.

Travelers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Georgetown, Tennessee
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We really liked the service from the staff,the pool is great for the kids, the breakfast and the lady taking care of it was very good. I really liked the bed especially room 714.We will always stay here when we visit Pigeon Forge. We have stayed there over 6 times and love it.

Room Tip: 7th floor is quiet and comfortable
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

JamesManorStaff, Owner at James Manor, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thanks for your comments. We appreciate them very much and hope to see you again as a repeat guest.
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed at the James Manor August 2nd through the 4th check in was nice went to our room it was 207 and as we always do anywhere we stay checked for bugs did NOT find any, the view of the strip was awesome i would have to say overall of the room is need to clean furniture better as there was food in the cracks of chairs and also hair but we cleaned it up also hair in between boxspring and mattress other than that the room was great the beds were very comfortable matter of fact had to wake my daughter up both mornings and she is always up by 7 the pools were GREAT inside and out staff was very kind ran out of towels (our fault ) they went out of there way to get us more i would stay again

Room Tip: there all good rooms you can watch the strip or watch the island of Pigeon Forge
JamesManorStaff, Owner at James Manor, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thanks for your comments. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and will certainly look into the cleanliness more seriously. Hope to have you again as a repeat guest.
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

This is our second stay here. Hotel is in a great location and plenty of parking. The only issues we had that would have made it better was the air conditioner made a very loud noise all night which we told the front desk at check out. The beds squeaked every time you turned over and they have not updated to a flat screen tv yet. All of these are very fixable issues and would not keep us from staying again. All tho I may request a different room next time if available. This weekend hotel had no vacancy so we didn't try to change rooms. The room we had was # 604.

• Stayed August 2013
JamesManorStaff, Owner at James Manor, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thanks for your comments. We apologize for the loud AC noise and the beds. In fact, we have been replacing our mattresses and box springs to provide better sleeping experience to our guests. May be you got the room with the old mattresses. We are aware of the need to replace the TVs and will work on it after completing the mattresses. Hope to see you again as a repeat guest.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is my first review on TripAdvisor, as I used this site to decide to stay at James Manor. If you read any of my Yelp reviews, 90%+ are positive reviews. In this case, I feel it's a internet community service to help travelers get an accurate hotel assessment without a ton of one-time exception, hate-laden stories.

First, the location is absolutely great. It's Pigeon Forge retro at its finest, right on the main drag and a hop-skip-jump from Dollywood. If you want to walk to everything touristy, this is a great location.

Second, the staff was incredibly helpful, kind and caring in their jobs. Upon check-in, I was greeted and helped quickly. During my issues, they were responsive and did what they could to fix this issues.

My issue is the core of any hotel stay...the room. You can have a clean lobby, nice people and a great location, but if the room is bad, that trumps everything. These rooms are gross...simple. I walked into my first room and the stench of staleness overpowered me. While they are pet and smoke-free, I can't say with confidence that this rule has been followed by previous tenants.

The quickly moved me to another room. Upon entering the second room, I realized I was screwed. I'd already paid for the two-night room via a pre-paid site. Either I move to another hotel and pay the season-peak prices again or man-up and deal with it. Here are a few of my issues:

1. Rooms smell bad.
2. The previous guest's dirty wash cloths were still hung, grayish and stiff in the shower. I threw them in the hallway.
3. The phone had no cord to connect to the wall.
4. The bed was hard as a rock.
5. You get a thin sheet and a bedspread that I'd gamble hasn't been washed in several stays so be prepared to freeze your rear off or turn the AC off, causing the room to grow more odiferous.
6. The carpet is stiff and kind of sticky.

I've been up since 4 a.m. paranoidly scratching so I had nothing better to do than to write this review. Tonight, I will be sacrificing my second night and heading elsewhere. Lesson learned.

2 Thank NashvilleBrian
JamesManorStaff, Owner at James Manor, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thanks for taking time to post your comments on TA. We apologize for your experience during your recent stay at our hotel and will be working with our housekeeping staff to do a better job. However, I am not in agreement with you as regards the smell in the room. I was at the hotel when you checked in. After we moved into another room, we did go back to the first room and did not find any smell at all. Once you moved into another room, you did not complain about anything. So, I am a little surprised to see your comments now. We wash and clean the sheets regularly after each use. We do not allow pets in the hotel. We do have a strict policy of non smoking and no pets. However, theer are some guests who violate the smoking policy and it becomes very difficult for us to monitor the violators. Again, we apologize for not being upto your satisfaction. We will try to do the best to overcome the issues. Hope that you will come back and stay with us again in future.