“Loved it!”

and 1 more site!
James Manor
Ranked #59 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed July 15, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay with James Manor. The location was excellent. It was right on the strip, had a trolley stop directly in front, a beautiful view of the mountains (if your room is on the front) and you could walk to lots of places. The room was sparkling clean. I noticed another reviewer mentioned a foul smell, but we did not encounter this at all in our room or anywhere else. Our standard room including a mini fridge, microwave, iron and ironing board. I loved that all the rooms have a balcony. It was great to sit outside, drinking my morning coffee and watch the mists roll through the mountains. I noticed others complained about the bathrooms being small, but they seemed fine to me. Service was excellent. FAST, easy check in. Desk clerk was helpful and polite. Our housekeeper cleaned the room daily and brought fresh towels. We enjoyed relaxing in the indoor pool and hot tub after a late dinner. As long as you are not disturbing other guests, they let you stay in the pool as late as you want. There were towels provided at the pool area so you didn't have to use the ones from your room.There was also a gameroom with a pool table, and a gym. The WiFi worked great the entire time. The breakfast was simple but good. Hot make-them-yourself waffles, biscuits and gravy, cereal, donuts, juice, coffee. The lady who was overseeing the breakfast area was sweet and helpful and made sure there was always plenty of food available. There is a pancake house directly next door and another one across the street. The only cons were the indoor pool had alot of chlorine and the beds were a bit hard for my taste, however these would by no means prevent me from staying here again. We look forward to staying here again this fall. We had a great time:)

Room Tip: Book a room on the front facing the strip.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank ytterp2000

Reviewed July 11, 2011

We stayed many times when first opened. In 2009 we went to get room we were offered a room that had horrible sweaty smell. Left and have no desire to stay there again.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank mtravelers56
Reviewed July 8, 2011

My Daughter (adult) and I stayed at the James Manor - Pigeon Forge, TN, July 1st and 2nd. It was great. The queen beds we had were very comfortable and our room was spacious. The room was also very clean and quiet. We had a free continental breakfast, which we enjoyed. Our room faced the Parkway. We had a really nice balcony and the view was beautiful. Even though our room faced the Parkway, the noise of the traffic was very faint in our room. I thought the price we paid was a very good price for the amenties and services we received. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the Parkway on the 5th or 6th level and enjoy the view.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank grangersb
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past, and always loved it. We visited James Manor this year however, and I was very disappointed. The entire hotel was filled with an unpleasant odor. It was so dark in our bathroom that I could barely see, and the it just seemed so old and run down, even though I know the hotel is probably not over 10 years old. Our beds were very uncomfortable, and it just felt kind of dirty. I guess the next time we come to Pigeon Forge we will be looking for a new place to stay!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anabellstar
Reviewed May 23, 2011

I really liked staying here-we usually get a cabin for our stay but since we had never stayed in pigeon forge before we gave it a try. We really liked being able to see pigeon forge with all the lights at night, we would defiantly stay here again-The girls at the front desk were great and housekeeping was also very good!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CBarrSpringfield_ky
Reviewed April 29, 2011

We were a family of 5 enjoying a weekend in Pigeon Forge. James Manor is right on the strip and close to everything. It is right next to the Comedy Barn. The beds and pillows were comfortable. We had a side view on the hotel and enjoyed sitting on the deck watching people go by. There are two pools. One outside and one indoor heated pool with a jacuzzi. The kids enjoyed the heated pool. The hotel offers free breakfast such as waffles, biscuit and gravy, cereal, toast, doughnuts and fruit. It was good and the lady working in that area was very friendly.
The only complaint is that the bathroom is small. Other than that we were comfortable and enjoyed our stayed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the deck facing the strip
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank bkphipps4
Reviewed April 23, 2011

Our family of 4 has just returned from our second trip to James Manor. We've gone twice now with friends and have never encountered a problem. We had no problems with our reservations or use of our credit card. However, our friends encountered a little problem when James Manor tried to renig on the price they were given when they made reservations months ago. James Manor tried to make them pay a lot more than the price that had previously been quoted because it was the weekend for Rod Run. However, my friends had the manager call the owner and he agreed to give them the price that was quoted when they made reservations.

The staff were all very friendly. Maid service was good. We chose not to be disturbed during our 5 day stay. We simply put our dirty towels in a bag and placed the bag outside the door. The housekeeping staff would then leave us a bag with clean towels, toilet paper, soap and shampoo on the door handle. I thought this was a very convenient way to get fresh towels and I like it much better than having to try to chase down someone in housekeeping to exchange towels.

I guess the only negative to James Manor is the size of the bathrooms. The rooms are spacious enough. However, the bathrooms are teeny, tiny. I banged my knee on the toilet while trying to close the door. So the size of the bathroom could be much, much bigger. But overall, James Manor is a great place to stay.

This hotel was definitely worth the $285 that we paid for our 5 night stay (includes a 15% off coupon found on their website).

We would definitely book this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family