“Wonderful Hotel and Great Breakfast”

Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge
Ranked #10 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Wonderful Hotel and Great Breakfast”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this great Hampton recently. The location was great and easy to get to. We arrived when it was dark and there was a fire pit with seating at the back entrance. That was a nice added touch! Our room was large and included a refrigerator (I actually wasn't expecting that because I never know if rooms have them or not). Our breakfast the next morning was better than I expected. I have written before in reviews that I never expect much at the free hotel breakfast. They had so many things to choose from! They had my favorite the cooked oatmeal with a lot of toppings to choose from. They had little omelets and sausage links as well as fresh fruit and yogurt. We were ready to take on the day. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Billie W, Manager at Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Mom077, glad to hear that your trip was enjoyable. Our outdoor fireplace patio is perfect for the cool nights of Autumn and early Winter. This is by far one of our guest's favorite amenities at the Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge. All of our rooms include a mini refrigerator, microwave and a coffee maker. Where else are you going to store all those yummy leftovers from the great surrounding restaurants in the area? :) I'm also excited to let everyone know that all Hampton Inns will be introducing several new tastier breakfast items to our menu in the next couple of weeks. We will offer fresh cut fruit ( melons, berries, etc), fresh scrambled eggs, delicious muffins, and much much more. I hope that you will be able to stay with us again in the future so that you may experience our revamped On the House Breakfast! Thank you again for your impressive Tripadvisor review! :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Have been going to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge for over 30 years now and have stayed at all the Hampton Inns that have opened and closed. This is obviously a new property and the initial appearance is upscale and nice. Convenient and a really great location just off the main road. Nice rooms and ours had a nice fireplace. I am Diamond with Hilton Honors and stay in a wide variety of properties during the year. The one thing that was overwhelming was how thin the walls were between rooms. Very loud and difficult to sleep. Didn't seem like it was built to the same standards most HI are built at. NIce amenity was the reserved parking for HHonors guest.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank stutide
Thank you stutide for your patronage with the Hilton family. It is guests such as yourselves that has made the Hilton loyalty program such a success. We do offer Diamond Elite parking close to the entrances. This is a way of saying thank you for your commitment to us. I apologize that you were unable to get a great nights sleep while you were here. Please keep in mind if you are ever unable to rest due to noise or anything at all, you are welcome to notify our desk clerks and we will see to it that you the issue is resolved immediately. Thank you again stutide.
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I will definitely return to this hotel.The rooms are clean and comfortable.I also loved the breakfast we were there for a week, and each morning we had a little something different added to the breakfast bar.The staff they all are amazing!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank amor37
We do have a wonderful hotel and a genuine staff! All Hampton Inns will soon be adding many new flavorful items to our complimentary tasty On the House Breakfast! This includes delicious scrambled eggs, fresh cut fruit (melons, berries, etc.) , assorted muffins and much more. We are very excited for the upcoming changes. I know that our guests will love it! Thank you again amor37 for sharing your experience!
Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I recently spent a long weekend at this Hampton Inn. I was ill during my stay. The staff made sure that I knew they were available to help me if I needed anything during my stay. Since I was by myself this meant a lot to me. I have not run across this type of customer service very often, and it just gives me another reason to recommend this Hampton Inn besides all of its other fabulous features. The staff are always the best and the hotel is clean, quiet and nice place to stay, but this last visit was made much better by the staff, especially Billie.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much tennesseekate for your terrific Tripadvisor review. I am so sorry that you weren't feeling too well while you were visiting with us. It's always a joy to welcome you each time you stay with us. We appreciate our guests and try to treat each and every one as our friend not just a person.Thank you again for complimenting me as well as our other 'caring staff'. Looking forward to seeing you again! Hopefully next time you will be feeling better! :)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Good-sized room, everything clean and nice, very good breakfast

If you're going to the Smoky Mountains park, be aware that it's around 20 minutes from this hotel, unlike the Hampton Inn in Gatlinburg which is just a few blocks from the entrance. Both are nice hotels, but I'd probably pay the higher rate for the Gatlinburg location if you're making several trips to the park, or if want to stroll around downtown Gatlinburg. We stayed in Pigeon Forge this time because we were also doing things in Pigeon Forge, and we were very pleased with this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Billie W, Manager at Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you MikeR_Ohio for leaving us a great review on Tripadvisor! The Hampton Inn PIgeon Forge is located in a great area. Close to everything! The Great Smoky Mountain National Park is within a 20 minute drive from our property. This makes it easy to enjoy everything Sevier County has to offer: shopping, delicious restaurants, entertainment and even a visit to the National Park! Thank you again for your time. Your post is very much appreciated by all of our team members! :)
Memphis, TN
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed here in early October, which is busy season for the Gatlinburg/PF area. Hard to find a reasonable price anywhere, if you can find it at all. My favorite in the area was booked so I decided to give this newer hotel a try. I think it has only been open a little more than a year so everything is new and clean.

Good Stuff:
Location on teaster road, but close to the action. You can avoid some traffic by not being on the main road.
Outdoor fireplace was very nice, however, I didn’t get to enjoy it since there were always a full group out there.
Indoor & outdoor pool… kids loved this.
Very nice lounge area. There was a big lounge with chairs and couches where you could just sit and watch tv or play cards. This was a nice touch, plus it provided spillover for the breakfast area.
Breakfast was pretty good, but not great. There was a better selection than usual, with multiple hot items other than just waffles. The dining are was pretty large compared to most in the area.
Plenty of parking behind the hotel, but not much close to the entrance.
Afternoon snacks and hot drinks in the dining room.
Price was good for the season. I think it was about 98 for the weekdays and 118 for the weekend.
Service – we left an item in the room and called the next day to see if they could find it. Sure enough, they located it and I was able to arrange someone to pick it up for us. I think some hotels just wouldn’t bother.

Neutral
Rooms were a bit small, but were nice. The desk was a little cramped.
I wish they had more seating around the fireplace outdoors.
My wife swears that the 'queen' beds were really full sized.
The entrance to the hotel was a little awkward. They built the hotel too close to the road and the entrance driveway was a little steep and tricky to navigate when others were entering or exiting.
Bad:
The carpet outside the elevator on the second floor was coming up. It had huge wrinkles in it like it wasn’t installed properly and I constantly felt like I was going to trip over it.
Housekeeping was inconsistent. We stayed 6 days and two of those days our room was not cleaned when we came back in late afternoon. One day, we showed up at 5:00 and it was not done. We had to get them to send someone up and wait in the lobby while they cleaned. Other days they missed things like not leaving soap or leaving a bottle of cleaner on the floor.
This may sound trivial, but for us, watching the Visitor channel is a ritual for us on vacation in the area. We were unable to tune to this channel on the tv. The front desk was no help, first telling us that we had to punch in the channel directly, which didn’t work, then telling us that Charter cable had recently re-done the channel lineup. We never did get to watch it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Billie W, Manager at Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Twindad, thank you for sharing your review with us. I am happy to hear you had a pleasing experience with the Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge. The issue with the carpet on the 2nd floor landing has been addressed and we have a technician sheduled to fix it. I apologize that your room wasn't serviced early in the day. Our housekeeping staff is here until 5 pm everyday cleaning rooms. Perhaps next time you can stop by the desk and let us know that you would like your room serviced by a certain time and we would be more than happy to grant your request. We have upraded to High definition channels through Comcast. The station that broadcasts the visitors channel is not available in High Defintion, that is why is unavailable at this time. Thank you again for your great review!
S.E. Kentucky
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Excellently located one block off the main strip of Pigeon Forge and going either direction gets you in the heart of all activities and restaurants. Very clean hotel and I am a white glove kinda girl. No complaints with anything. Love the outdoor gas fireplace with chairs on the back porch area. It will be our " go to" hotel in the area.

Room Tip: King rooms are larger. Queen rooms are quiet compact.