“Great hotel and wonderful service! !!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge

Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge
Ranked #9 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
“Great hotel and wonderful service! !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I will definitely return to this hotel.The rooms are clean and comfortable.I also loved the breakfast we were there for a week, and each morning we had a little something different added to the breakfast bar.The staff they all are amazing!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank amor37
Billie W, Manager at Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
We do have a wonderful hotel and a genuine staff! All Hampton Inns will soon be adding many new flavorful items to our complimentary tasty On the House Breakfast! This includes delicious scrambled eggs, fresh cut fruit (melons, berries, etc.) , assorted muffins and much more. We are very excited for the upcoming changes. I know that our guests will love it! Thank you again amor37 for sharing your experience!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Cleveland, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

I recently spent a long weekend at this Hampton Inn. I was ill during my stay. The staff made sure that I knew they were available to help me if I needed anything during my stay. Since I was by myself this meant a lot to me. I have not run across this type of customer service very often, and it just gives me another reason to recommend this Hampton Inn besides all of its other fabulous features. The staff are always the best and the hotel is clean, quiet and nice place to stay, but this last visit was made much better by the staff, especially Billie.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much tennesseekate for your terrific Tripadvisor review. I am so sorry that you weren't feeling too well while you were visiting with us. It's always a joy to welcome you each time you stay with us. We appreciate our guests and try to treat each and every one as our friend not just a person.Thank you again for complimenting me as well as our other 'caring staff'. Looking forward to seeing you again! Hopefully next time you will be feeling better! :)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Good-sized room, everything clean and nice, very good breakfast

If you're going to the Smoky Mountains park, be aware that it's around 20 minutes from this hotel, unlike the Hampton Inn in Gatlinburg which is just a few blocks from the entrance. Both are nice hotels, but I'd probably pay the higher rate for the Gatlinburg location if you're making several trips to the park, or if want to stroll around downtown Gatlinburg. We stayed in Pigeon Forge this time because we were also doing things in Pigeon Forge, and we were very pleased with this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Billie W, Manager at Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you MikeR_Ohio for leaving us a great review on Tripadvisor! The Hampton Inn PIgeon Forge is located in a great area. Close to everything! The Great Smoky Mountain National Park is within a 20 minute drive from our property. This makes it easy to enjoy everything Sevier County has to offer: shopping, delicious restaurants, entertainment and even a visit to the National Park! Thank you again for your time. Your post is very much appreciated by all of our team members! :)
Memphis, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed here in early October, which is busy season for the Gatlinburg/PF area. Hard to find a reasonable price anywhere, if you can find it at all. My favorite in the area was booked so I decided to give this newer hotel a try. I think it has only been open a little more than a year so everything is new and clean.

Good Stuff:
Location on teaster road, but close to the action. You can avoid some traffic by not being on the main road.
Outdoor fireplace was very nice, however, I didn’t get to enjoy it since there were always a full group out there.
Indoor & outdoor pool… kids loved this.
Very nice lounge area. There was a big lounge with chairs and couches where you could just sit and watch tv or play cards. This was a nice touch, plus it provided spillover for the breakfast area.
Breakfast was pretty good, but not great. There was a better selection than usual, with multiple hot items other than just waffles. The dining are was pretty large compared to most in the area.
Plenty of parking behind the hotel, but not much close to the entrance.
Afternoon snacks and hot drinks in the dining room.
Price was good for the season. I think it was about 98 for the weekdays and 118 for the weekend.
Service – we left an item in the room and called the next day to see if they could find it. Sure enough, they located it and I was able to arrange someone to pick it up for us. I think some hotels just wouldn’t bother.

Neutral
Rooms were a bit small, but were nice. The desk was a little cramped.
I wish they had more seating around the fireplace outdoors.
My wife swears that the 'queen' beds were really full sized.
The entrance to the hotel was a little awkward. They built the hotel too close to the road and the entrance driveway was a little steep and tricky to navigate when others were entering or exiting.
Bad:
The carpet outside the elevator on the second floor was coming up. It had huge wrinkles in it like it wasn’t installed properly and I constantly felt like I was going to trip over it.
Housekeeping was inconsistent. We stayed 6 days and two of those days our room was not cleaned when we came back in late afternoon. One day, we showed up at 5:00 and it was not done. We had to get them to send someone up and wait in the lobby while they cleaned. Other days they missed things like not leaving soap or leaving a bottle of cleaner on the floor.
This may sound trivial, but for us, watching the Visitor channel is a ritual for us on vacation in the area. We were unable to tune to this channel on the tv. The front desk was no help, first telling us that we had to punch in the channel directly, which didn’t work, then telling us that Charter cable had recently re-done the channel lineup. We never did get to watch it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Billie W, Manager at Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Twindad, thank you for sharing your review with us. I am happy to hear you had a pleasing experience with the Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge. The issue with the carpet on the 2nd floor landing has been addressed and we have a technician sheduled to fix it. I apologize that your room wasn't serviced early in the day. Our housekeeping staff is here until 5 pm everyday cleaning rooms. Perhaps next time you can stop by the desk and let us know that you would like your room serviced by a certain time and we would be more than happy to grant your request. We have upraded to High definition channels through Comcast. The station that broadcasts the visitors channel is not available in High Defintion, that is why is unavailable at this time. Thank you again for your great review!
S.E. Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Excellently located one block off the main strip of Pigeon Forge and going either direction gets you in the heart of all activities and restaurants. Very clean hotel and I am a white glove kinda girl. No complaints with anything. Love the outdoor gas fireplace with chairs on the back porch area. It will be our " go to" hotel in the area.

Room Tip: King rooms are larger. Queen rooms are quiet compact.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Snippin for allowing the Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge to be your first choice while you're in the Smoky Mountain area. We appreciate your patronage! Thank you again for your loyalty with our the Hilton family! See you soon! :)
West Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

The wife and I made reservations online at their website, the site offered a Handicap room with King bed and fireplace and that is what we booked. Upon arrival we were informed there were in fact none of these type rooms in this facility so we took a room without. Once we got into the room we opened the ipad and went back to their website and just as we thought it did show they offered the room with a fireplace, we took the ipad down to the lady at the desk to show her what they were advertising, she said it was a mistake and she would have the manager contact us, no contact either of the 2 days of our stay. The first morning of our stay I noticed a couple small ants in the bathroom, I removed them and thought nothing more of it until the next morning when I discovered many more. I informed the man of this during check-out and added that it may be a larger issue then just one room since our room was located on the second floor, he said he would "look into it". Funny thing is I never received the usual questionnaire in my email enquiring about our stay, after waiting several days I called Hiltonhonors. I usually try to stay in Marriott facilities and there is a new one right across the street, I would suggest you stay there or the Christmas Inn.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank GandT-n-WV
Billie W, Manager at Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
GandT-n-WV, thank you for staying with our property. There is indeed an error on our Hilton website that states that our King Handicap room has a fireplace. We are currently working on correcting this issue. I am sorry for the confusion with your room type. Again, this is a technical issue that Hilton is currently fixing. Thank you again for your feedback.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Every thing about this hotel was excellent and the location is very convenient with free parking. The breakfast is above average. They have a nice big family room with a TV and fireplace. There are multiple pools and fitness center.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Billie W, Manager at Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for your outstanding Tripadvisor rating! We appreciate you taking time from your day to let everyone know how exceptional our Hampton Inn is! Thank you again! :)