“Family friendly, fun, great location!”

Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge
Ranked #9 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here in mid-July, as a small 3 day stop on our way home from our beach vacation. This hotel was very clean, family friendly, and the location was great. It's set back just enough from the main strip - to be quiet and peaceful. Close enough that there's no drive time to get out to the fun. The swimming pool was loved by my kids, and the breakfast was a favorite as well. The only trouble we had was checking in, that we waited for nearly 10 minutes before anyone came to the desk to help us (which was about 7 or 8pm), but it appeared as though they were very busy, and potentially understaffed for the evening. I didn't bring this to the attention of the manager - as the rest of our trip was great. It was nice they had a small area that had some snacks/drinks for purchase - and we used that a couple of times, when we just wanted a little something to eat. I would definitely stay here again!

2  Thank Kathleen F
Billie W, Manager at Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you Kathleen F for allowing the Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge to accomodate your family while you were visiting the Smoky Mountains. It sounds as though our desk clerk may have been assisting another guest at the time you were checking in. I am so sorry that you had to wait. We aim for a speedy check in process. Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. I hope to see you in the future!:)

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Great location, close to Dollywood. Dining room did not have space for family to eat. Our grandchildren had breakfast seated in floor, not great for family to eat together. Out of breskfast items on breakfast bar @ 9;15 A.M. Breakfast items needed to be stocked during breakfast hours & dining room kept cleaned.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
3  Thank Arlene M

Arlene M, thank you for posting with Tripadvisor after your recent stay with the Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge. I am sorry that you were unable to enjoy our breakfast area. We have a rather large breakfast room as well an over sized living area. These areas can get congested from time to time, depending on how many guests decide to eat breakfast with us. We have a great breakfast staff and they work very hard to keep up with the demand of our guests. Thank you again for leaving us your feedback, it is much appreciated! :)

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I took my daughter and grandson for a short vacation. Hampton Inn was great. A pool for children that is like a small water park. You couldn't ask for a better breakfast. Also the breakfast area isn't a small little space there is plenty of room to move around.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Deborah G
Billie W, Manager at Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Deborah G, We do have a very entertaining kiddie splash pool! I have seen many children spend all day playing in it! Sometimes, I wish I could join them! :) We also have the large heated outdoor pool, hot tub and the inside heated pool for bigger kids and adults to enjoy! Our breakfast area is warm and welcoming. It's much larger than most breakfast rooms and we also have the living area that our guests have come to enjoy as well. Thank you again for spreading a kind word about the Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge. We are very proud of our new hotel and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed it too! :)

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Wanted to give this place a 5, but just couldn't do it. Only one bad thing that I could tell about the hotel was the noise that came from the other room. We had a room with a connecting door and could hear kids playing all night long. That's the only bad thing that I can say about this hotel. The grounds are quite nice. They have a fireplace outside with chairs for you to sit, which was very nice. The room was good sized with a very good sized TV. Lots of HD channels. The room was very clean. We travel to the area quite often so I don't think I would stay here again just because of the noise, but it was a nice place and I would recommend you give it a try and make your own judgement.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flynhi991
Billie W, Manager at Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Thank you for staying with the Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge. I am sorry to hear that you experienced a noise disturbance while visiting. We have very few rooms that have an adjoining door so this is very rare. Maybe next time you decide to stay with us or any other property you can be sure to ask for a room that does not have an adjoining door. This may help with the noise level. Thank you again for posting a great review on Tripadvisor! :)

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located. Very clean and maintained. Takes about 10 minutes to get to Gatlinburg which is the entry point to the Smoky Mountains. There is so much to do and if you are traveling with children don't worry there is so much for them to enjoy. The hotel staff are very friendly. There is an outdoor, indoor and kiddie pool area. An outside sitting area with fireplace and spacious dining area. Breakfast was very tasty and with a good selection. My only con would be that they only have 1 washer and 1 dryer so you have to plan and time your laundry accordingly. Internet service very fast with no interruptions. Definitely would recommend to others.

1  Thank AARVacations
Billie W, Manager at Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thank you AARVacations for posting a great review after your stay with the Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge. We are conveniently located in the middle of Pigeon Forge. We are close to everything , yet far enough to enjoy the peace and quiet of the Great Smoky Mountains. We do offer a 24 hour laundry room for our guest. Many hotels in the area do not even offer this amenity. I am glad to hear that you were able to utilize the laundry facility. Thank you again for letting all your Tripadvisor users know about your wonderful stay with the Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge! :)

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We spent several nights at this hotel and we could not have been happier. It has a great location off of the main strip and walking distance to a few good restaurants and even entertainment.. It was pretty from the outside and had plenty of things going on inside as well. It has a few pools. I nice hot tub. I large back porch with rocking chairs and a fireplace. They alternate the breakfast options which is a bonus. The beds were amazingly comfy.

If I wanted to get really picky, I could say that the desk agent could know a little more about the area. I asked for info on restaurants that delivered, and the lady didn't quite know how to recommend. Maybe she was new. Eventually she gave me a list. The only bad thing was the driveway into the hotel was horribly steep. Even going really slow you will scrape your car. And finally, why can't people all stop eating breakfast at the same freaking time! Really, take turns getting up a little earlier, so everybody can have a chance to eat at a normal time. hehe...Again... really really picky...

Don't let any of that discourage you from giving this hotel a try. It is terrific!

1  Thank honeymoonin

Thank you for your positive feedback! We apprecciate hearing our guests comments and suggestions about our property. I will be sure to speak with our front desk staff to make sure they are up to speed on all of the surrounding attractions and restaurants. Thank you again for your Tripadvisor review!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

The property itself is beautiful. Great grounds. Very nice pool area, with a very nice special kids area. Also has a indoor pool that is a little larger for swimming. I liked the outdoor pool area, but it is a little small for swimming. You can't beat the location, since it's on a road parallel to the main drag, and seemingly close to most everything in Pigeon Forge. The staff was very friendly. The only problem with this hotel was that they were very short on housekeeping staff. On consecutive days, we left after breakfast, and returned between 3:00 and 4:00 to find our room still not cleaned. Then the first young lady to clean our room did a poor job at that (no vacuuming, sweeping, or dusting). For some reason despite being a new property, our room had a dust issue, which bothered the allergies of my family. After we complained, the next housekeeper after her did an excellent job with cleaning our room...going above and beyond. I would definitely stay here again. It's just unfortunate that such a nice property is short-staffed. My guess is that the pool of local workers from such a small area is insufficient to supply the plethora of businesses here. Where I'm from, near Hilton Head, SC, is in a similar situation. They bus workers in from almost a 60 mile radius of surrounding towns to compensate. Maybe the city of PF could do the same if they haven't already.

Room Tip: Choose a upper room on the side facing the strip for a better view.