“Great location”

Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge
Ranked #11 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We only spent one night here on our way to North Carolina. I wanted to stay at this property For two reasons, 1)it's brand new & 2) it's a Hampton & this whole week we are only staying in Hamptons. We asked for our usual room at the end of the hall & they were able to fill that request. The only down side was the fact that the room wasn't ready yet. It was almost 4:00pm I was a bit surprised by this. It worked out fine. They stored our luggage & we had an early dinner. We stayed in a reg.king room which seemed on the small side. There was a microwave & refrigerator. If you are staying for any lenghth of time you should plan on hanging up most of your clothes. There are two small drawers and one very small one in each night stands. We had a very pretty view from our eproom. We didn't use the pool area but it was super nice. The lobby area has a very large room off the main dinning area. It would be convenient for a large group to
sit in & visit.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,204)

Reviewed July 13, 2012

The family just stayed here for one week with no problems at all. The hotel is off the Pigeon Forge strip, yet close to everything. Would stay again without reservation. Pardon the pun.

1  Thank Tom H
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This hotel is brand new and the location is great. The staff were super nice.
We thought the price was good for the great room that we rented.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Shirley B
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed here from July 4 through July 8th and I must say my stay has mixed reviews. The hotel has only been open a few weeks so everything is brand new which is a plus. The front desk staff and housekeeping staff were very pleasant.

However, out of the 4 night stay our room only got cleaned one time. On the second night we got back to our room around 10:00 and it had not been cleaned II had to call for clean towels. The third nigh the room was cleaned but our door was left open (not very safe). The fourth night the cleaning staff came around 9:30 to clean really what was the point. We just asked for clean towels. The day of check out I brought it to the attention of the front desk clerk that the hallway on the 5th floor had not been vaccummed becuase the same items on the floor the day I checked in were still there the day I checked out. I asked to speak with the manager becuase I felt that it was important that management know what the customers experience was. The manager was not there but I spoke with the Assistant Manger and she was very defensive. I expressed my concerned and told her that I did not feel that they had the proper staffing to cover all the housekeeping duties. She had an excuse for everything and told me that she knew the hall were swept becasue she did it one day. If the general housekeeping has fallen this far behind in just a few week what is it going to be 1 year from how?!?!?!?

The hotel only has 5 floors and it has the slowest elevators that I have ever seen. Not to mention that only 1 was working the day we checked in.

I will have to say the pool was very nice and the outdoor seating area was great. I just really think management needs to step up their game and get more staff or this hotel that could really be nice is going to go down in a quick kind of way.

PS. I wasn't the only person at the front desk expresssing their concerns!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front of the hotel it does have an awesome view!
2  Thank WVCountryroads
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My family had a wonderful stay. I always look for Hampton Inn's when I travel and this one being new caught my attention online. It was definitely a great hotel. We never had any trouble during our stay July 5th - 8th as others mentioned. We always had enough to eat for breakfast (a lot more to choose from than other hotels I have stayed in) There were two people constantly working to be sure there was food and the area was clean. One even turned the tv to cartoons for our son while he ate. We also did not eat at the same time each morning and still it was great. They were very nice and accommodating. We stayed on the second floor. (Hotel is still very new so we did not have a room number outside our door yet) but we found it ok. Our end of the building was very quiet. Only thing we noticed was the curtains in rooms were hung backwards with sheer lining over the curtain rather than under. It didn't affect anything because both still closed. Room always was clean by the time we returned (left at 8:00 and returned by 3:00 in the afternoon) We received the newspaper outside our door. Our five year old absolutely loved the pools. They were super clean with nice outside furniture. He could have stayed there for the entire trip and been satisfied with the fun spraying water in the kiddie pool.
My favorite part was we could travel easily and fast to our destinations without having to use the parkway for every move. My in-laws and grandparents stayed as well. Grandparents had a handicap room and it was extremely large and spacious - one of the nicest ones I have seen. We travel at least once to twice a year to the mountains. I would definitely choose this hotel again for our next trip.

1  Thank Kellie W
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Will visit this place again. Loved it. The staff were so friendly. They even found my husband's wallet that he had lost. Wonderful atmosphere, pool area, staff, breakfast and much more. Love the decor and the cleanliness of the facility. Great stay. Slept like a baby!

1  Thank Amy M
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Not sure what everyone is complaining about. Rooms were beautiful. Yes the bed is hard and the shower has low water pressure. Fantastic location. Very nice pool. Breakfast was great. Would stay here again!!

• Stayed: July 2012