“Love the updated breakfast!”

Music Road Resort Inn
Ranked #33 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed November 10, 2010

Our area convention has been held at this hotel and its sister hotel for the last several years, so I stay here at least once a year. While everything has remained the same, being clean and well cared for, the breakfast has a new addition - bacon and eggs!!

This year we were able to get a king suite with a jacuzzi and gas fireplace. The jacuzzi was wonderful, but we were a little hesitant to use the fireplace because we smelled such a strong gas smell when we turned it on. At first I thought that it was possibly due to not being used for a while during the summer, but turning it on a second and third time (on different days), it kept that smell. Perhaps that's just how gas fireplaces are. I don't have one, so I don't know. It wasn't important to us to use the fireplace, as it has been in the 70s (in November!), so this wasn't really a disappointment.

Also, our bed had feather pillows, but alternative pillows are available in the closet.

Oh! The phone had been removed from our bathroom, which I found to be a good idea. I mean, really, is taking a call on the throne so important?

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
aprilnicolerose, Manager at Music Road Resort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2010

We’re so glad you like our updated breakfast. I must say our employees enjoyed going through the taste test and we feel good about our selection.
We had a comment recently about a fireplace smell when it was turned on-I don’t know if this was you, but we did have engineering check and all was well. It is normal to have a slight smell from these units but it dissipates quickly. We look forward to a return visit from you.

There are newer reviews for Music Road Resort Inn

Reviewed October 13, 2010

Very clean, well maintained facility, How ever it has a problem with the fire alarm. It went off at 1:30 am, we left the building and discovered that the building was not on fire, we were left out side in cool night air for 1 1/2 hours no one came to say that people were in lobby for warmth after the building had been sound. My 6 year old daughter was so upset by the event that she was vomiting in the parking lot, the next morning upon check-out no discount was offered, I had to ask, clerk tried to make like fire system belonged to another company, I was offered a sad 10% discount after having to ask for compensation. I feel that our atendence was not valued and did not care if we returned or not. Also WIFI did not work

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my daughter and two grandchildren. They kept closing the pool two hours early every nite when there was lightening once at 9 pm. The man at the front desk said it was not worth their while to reopen it. The breakfast was the same everyday and we began buying fast food for breakfast after the fourth day since it was plain and began to ge nausiated. The beds were horrible and no type of mattress top confort. They were very hard. We paid extra for a pool/water park view and you had to go out on the balcony and sit by the hot airconditioner return to see it. We had a room wiht 2 beds and unless everything was removed from the bed then the maid did not make it up for you. We also brought an old TV removte for the baby to play with with pink buttons very different from theirs and the maid took it and left an extra remote. When we asked about it to the maid, her reply was that she worked a different floor the day before.. Also, I asked the staff where I could check my bank account on the internet and he said there is no business center and just have someone email it to him as an attachement and he would print it. Our family and friends nearby will tell everyone of this dissappointment. The pool staff and maids are just lazy. The rooms are severely over priced.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank daughter321
aprilnicolerose, Manager at Music Road Resort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2010

We take guest safety seriously. I don’t know why the clerk would have stated this to a guest. When lightening or thunder occurs, which is common late afternoon in the summer, our protocol is to close the pool down and move guests to the indoor pool area. The MOD then pulls up Doppler radar. We determine from there if the outdoor pool should reopen. It has never been an issue to close and reopen the outdoor pool several times in an afternoon. Our outdoor pool is one of the top reason guests return to our facility. It’s important to us to have it open as much as possible.

Reviewed July 27, 2010

We stayed here for one night while awaiting for our condo. The hotel is nice and the staff friendly, but is really for families with young children. The pool is very nice, although the lazy river portion was a let down. It is very short narrow with extremely warm water, quite disappointing.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2010

This hotel is a great place to stay in Pigeon Forge if you don't want to be near the flashing lights and busy traffic that Pigeon Forge brings. It's very convenient to the shopping malls. I would definitely stay here again!

Reviewed July 22, 2010

This hotel is nice, but I wouldn't stay there again. It is very expensive, but the entire area is expensive. They have the nicest staff. I cannot say enough about how friendly everyone was. The breakfast is good. It is the same every day, but you can switch it up if you are creative. There was plenty to eat and it was continuously being filled with fresh food. The pool area is very nice. We went to Dollywood's splash county and I would have much rather just spent the day at the hotels pool. ($183.00 for a family of 4 plus $8 to park. The park was average. Nothing special. Way too expensive. I would NEVER recommend it to anyone.) My only negative about the hotel was the beds were very uncomfortable. We had a king bed and it was very hard. I don't think I slept more than a couple hours a night. Don't get a sofa pullout bed either. They are extremely uncomfortable. My daughter slept on the floor 2 nights. We finally asked for a roll-a-way bed which they delivered to us immediately for an extra charge per night. This hotel was way to expensive to have a bad nights sleep and way too expensive to sleep on the floor.

1  Thank silvieus4
aprilnicolerose, General Manager at Music Road Resort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2010

Thank you to this guest for the compliments, many guests compliments our front desk staff and housekeeping on their friendliness. Regarding the cost, the Pigeon Forge area is at its highest rates during July, more affordable times are Spring and Early Fall. Our bedding it’s such a personal preference. Most guests want to know where we purchase our bedding and especially our pillows. We sell them through our front desk.

Reviewed June 21, 2010

My family and I stay there multiple times a year and we have never been disappointed!!

1  Thank cj8438