“We will stay here again!”

Music Road Resort Inn
Ranked #34 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Nashville
“We will stay here again!”
Reviewed April 3, 2010

We loved the Music Road Inn. Extremely clean, inviting lobby area. Speedy check-in and very helpful desk clerk who spent time helping us getting are bearings on restaurants and how to get to a few places of interest. We got the 2 Queen bed with Jacuzzi room. Spacious room and nice size bathroom. Very clean and the maid service was excellent each day. The refrigerator/microwave were handy. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool and were eyeing the outside water park but it was still closed. Keep in mind that there are two hotels: The Music Road Inn and The Music Road Hotel. They are one entity. The Hotel does appear older. We didn't go in it so I'm not sure about it. I would definitely specify that you want an Inn room. The breakfast was nice. Eggs, bacon, biscuits, bagels, toast, cereal, pastries, oatmeal. I saw some complaints about the lack of variety on Tripadvisor but I'm not really understanding that. It is what you would expect for an included breakfast. If there were any complaints from me it would be the water didn't get hot enough for me in the shower (but I like scalding hot water) and the wireless internet service was spotty during the day. Neither of these were big deals. Excellent location to everything. We will be back.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Twins4Me_8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Georgia
Reviewed March 28, 2010

Great place to stay. We stayed at the inn, the part on the river. The hotel is off the main strip. It was quiet and peaceful sitting in the rockers by the river. Great service and decent free breakfast. Children loved the big indoor pool.
We had a handicapped room for my mom. It was perfect and very accessible. The only thing I would change would be firmer beds. We loved this place and strongly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2010
Florida
Reviewed March 23, 2010

My most recent stay at this fine resort was in May 2009. I stayed at the inn side of the resort with my wife & 2 young children ages 8 & 4. We found our stay to be very enjoyable from the first day through our last and we stayed an entire week. The staff, including two fine gentelmen at the front desk area Stan & Dan made even check in / out enjoyable! The rooms are very spacious as well as very clean. Even though we stayed at a pool view room, the rooms are very well sound proofed and therefore VERY quiet inside even in the daytime! The Lazy river & water slide at the Inn's water park made for a great family area to be enjoyed by all! The included breakfast was excellent & much more than expected including both warm food & cold items! I cant say enough positives about this resort & my family and I can not wait to return again this summer! This family owned resort is the total package!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank WeLoveTN
melodee054
Reviewed February 26, 2010

I saw this hotel on Tripadvisor & it had many great reviews. The few negatives were addressed by management & that is what helped make our decision to stay there. My husband & I stayed there as a "second honeymoon" in a King Jacuzzi room - River view. When I checked in I was a little disappointed to learn that our reservation was for the OLDER part of the property. The entrance of the newer part was absolutely gorgeous ~ BUT...when I saw the older portion that we were staying in, it was beautifully decorated, very clean (I'm a germaphobe) and the service was fantastic. The only negative I would have about this room is that the jacuzzi had some stains in it and BEING a germaphobe, I was a little freaked out by that. But I saw that it was just that...stains ~ not filth. There were plenty of towels, which I LOVE, and the breakfast was bacon, eggs, toast, gravy, biscuits, yogurt, wonderful cinnamon rolls, and lots of other things.

I give a great big THANK YOU to the staff of Music Road Inn for making our stay so very pleasant. We have ALREADY recommended this hotel to our family & friends!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank melodee054
Barbourville,KY
Reviewed September 9, 2009

We used to stay at this hotel's twin, the Music Road Hotel across the street ,we walked into the " HOTEL" with no reservation one afternoon and they were full, so we came over to the "INN", we do not like a room facing the front pool area because of all the noise, at the "HOTEL" the back side facing the woods and the Pigion River is the quiet side and the preferred side ,so without looking at the room , we asked for a room on the back side of the "INN", when we brought our luggage into the room, which was great just like at the "HOTEL" and went out onto the balcony the view was not that great ! you are looking at a blacktop parking lot, a few of the houses on the side street where the locals live and worst of all a CEMETERY! NO ONE wants to sit on their balcony and try to relax and have to look at that for the weekend !!!!!!! So beware, oh by the way I'm a funeral director........, other then that, this is a great place to stay if you want to spend this kind of money, it is almost as nice as the "HOTEL" across the street, which has the far better location, this was the only time we stayed here which was several years ago, the service could not have been any better 5 star, which I can not say for the "HOTEL"..

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CumberlandGapCruiser
aprilnicolerose, General Manager at Music Road Resort Inn, responded to this review, August 9, 2010
I appreciate this guests comments, the hotel is special because of the river/wooded views. But many folks love the Inn for its room decor, separate dressing area in the bathroom along with double sink vanity, the exercise room and the kiddie pool. It depends on what a family is looking for. Guests have strong views about each property, but both are first class.
Lincolnton
Reviewed August 22, 2009

Our family loved Music Road Inn. The room was very clean, staff was super helpful. It was perfect, couldn't ask for more. The breakfast was great, more than we expected. The pool was so good our kids begged to stay there and play while we weren't at Dollywood

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank amyat
USA
Reviewed August 19, 2009

This hotel was a last minute decision. We literally booked while eating lunch in Gatlinburg. We had a 2 night stay and would suggest it to others.

However, I wonder if we couldn't get an equally enjoyable stay for half the price at another location. Due to budgeting concerns, we likely won't return soon, but that isn't meant to detract from the hotel's positive attributes.

Positives:

- very large rooms that were 95% clean and comfortable
- extremely large bathrooms with large counters, a vanity stool, and large mirrored closet
- great view of the pool from some rooms w/large balcony
- very quiet, it was rare that we heard anything during our stay
- extremely comfortable beds, some of the best sleep I've ever had at a hotel
- involved staff, they called at 1 am to let us know we'd left our lights on (despite being awakened, it was nice of them to make the call)
- pool area is PERFECT for all ages (in my opinion) w/lazy river, water slide, mushroom shower, deep end of the pool, AND a 24 hour indoor pool with hot tub
- location, LOVED that it was off the main road but close to everything, in the middle of all of the attractions!!

Negatives:

- price, a bit expensive, but not unreasonable
- outdoor pool area closed early, but seems typical of the area
- weird/disgusting smell in our mini-fridge, was unbearable at times
- toiletries are low-end, certainly used to better for hotels at this price
- smallish television for the size of the room
- game room is nothing more than a few cheap/old arcade games
- never saw the fitness center, think it consists of just a few machines
- breakfast limited

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Since this was written, the hotel is in the process of obtaining new flat screen TV’s that should be in by late fall. Breakfast has now been upgraded from continental to scrambled eggs and crispy bacon along with 18 other items.