All reviewsoutdoor pooldonutsstayed herethe rivercoffee and juiceroom was cleanstaff was very friendlycontinental breakfastrefrigerator and microwaveoffice staffbottom floorfront officeenjoyable stayrod runking suitepoolsbeds
Reviewed April 10, 2017

We stay at this motel every year during Rod Run, very clean, good central location, good amenities (was too cool for the outdoor pool) but they do have an indoor pool, we just didn't use, they have rooms with balcony that looks over creek which is nice, they have also added an outdoor sitting area with fire pit which I loved, Rocking Chairs (were occupied), all of the staff is friendly, cleaning ladies made beds every day, clean towels every day, (don't forget to tip them- they do a good job) they provide coffee and sweets in lobby for breakfast. My only issue was no coffee maker in the room, my husband wakes every morning & the first thing out of his mouth is "I want coffee", he had to get up, get dressed and go downstairs to get coffee. They do provide free wifi, which worked good for us but we were sort of close to office, alarm clock, hair dryers, iron & ironing board, small fridge (which is great) & small microwave, free icemaker. Many Restaurants & Shops nearby, Food City grocery store is a very quick walk. Will stay here again because I like location and the hotel.. I know what I get when I stay here..

Room Tip: I always ask for Non Smoking; not sure but I think they provide smoking room.s
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is nothing real fancy but is very clean and the staff is very friendly and affordable. We have stayed here at least 4 times in the last couple of years and always satisfied and always have a good experience

Stayed: April 2017
1  Thank crxoxo
Reviewed January 6, 2017 via mobile

We visit Pigeon Forge 2-3 times a year and normally stay at another budget friendly motel. We forgot to call ahead and our normal hire was booked. I called the Colonial House Motel while in Dollywood wanting a room for later that day. Upon arrival I was supposed by a heated pool and even more so when I saw how clean it was. Very affordable too for the week after Christmas.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2017 via mobile

Well we got behind and glad hubby had another day off so we had to get another hotel. So do we drive toward home and stay again in the smokies. Ha dumb question! So he said let's make finding a hotel quick and easy. So I said pull in here. So I went in and the man was very friendly and very kind. Told me about two rooms and I asked to see them and he graciously allowed my husband and I to check them out. We went back and said sold. Now that's quick and easy. Oh did I mention the price was fantastic? No well I should. The price was fantastic! So price and front desk clerk was great. Room was perfect for what we needed. A clean comfortable place to sleep! The beds were firm plush, the heat worked great! Fridge freezer and microwave. No coffee maker which I just now realized. Pillows was extra fluffy but firm those were a little thick for me but it's okay nothings like your own pillow. The comforter we don't use cause some hotels don't wash it or the fuzzy blanket much but these smelled and felt freshly washed carpet was soft and squishy padding. The marble like trim between the bathroom and carpeted area is the only thing I think could use some magic eraser on besides that older but spotless. Very cozy! Love the old style do not disturb/maid service latch that was cool and rare anymore to see! Much better than the new door hangers. The indoor pool looked clean and must of been good temp because there was swimmers enjoying it! Outdoor pool looked nice and large. The maids was super nice and it was nice seeing two to a room cleaning because maid service is hard work. Seen the maid blooming cob webs off all the railings and areas where cob webs may be. Which reminds me of a reviewer commenting on spider webs and spider outside of their room. That's terrible it's out of doors and spiders can make a pretty big web and home from check out to check in and evening time daily and it's common for spiders to be outside on corners and windows and railings. I seen them taking time to clean very well! Breakfast isn't much to write home about. Donuts and English muffins juice coffee maybe some cereal not sure. We didn't stay for the breakfast we stayed for a room and a bed. I can't complain at all. You can hear showers next door but that's normal in hotels. This one is on my list for the future! Thanks for the great night and may you be blessed in 2017

Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kh32203
Reviewed December 23, 2016

We were visiting Gatlinburg to celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary right after the Thanksgiving holiday. Unfortunately, wild fires broke out and we were displaced from our resort, so we had to find other hotel accommodations. Since we had already paid for our resort and were not expecting to have to pay for another hotel, we needed something reasonable. We got more than we expected at Colonial House! We didn't know if we had lost all of our belongings at our resort (which was on fire) and decided to stay 2 nights instead of one in hopes that we could retrieve our luggage. Upon hearing of our situation, the office manager gave us our second night free. I was very grateful that in a time that the whole city was grieving that they would help total strangers! The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the staff was great! We will definitely be staying here again when we come back to this area!

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled with family