“Needs work”
Review of Riverchase Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pigeon Forge
Riverchase Motel
Ranked #78 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We have stayed at this motel for years and every visit all you see is more wear and tare on the rooms. Apparently they do not fix or replace anything. There is a point were those nasty flowered comforters should go. Whatever you do do not look at the matteress. Bathroom was clean but everything is rusted over. This was our last visit to this motel.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank divedeep6
There are newer reviews for Riverchase Motel

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We live in NC and are prior law enforcement. This is a very safe and great place to stay! We were married over 8 years ago in Gatlinburg and have stayed at River Chase many times. The rooms are clean, staff is friendly and the water slides are a blast..even for "big" kids. We highly recommend the hotel for it's location in Pigeon Forge, light number 8, entrance to Dollywood and other great attractions. Perfect for kids of all ages... Enjoy your stay and God Bless!
Steve, Gina & Family

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gina F
Reviewed October 23, 2013

what a awsome staff you guys have. we were treated like family from check in to check out. the lady at check out on oct 20th was very friendly we even making plans to return. room was very nice! and very clean. this is going to be our hotel every year. love this place

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed at the Best Western beside this hotel the night before because it had an indoor pool. I really wished I would have found this one sooner because it was $20 cheaper and my kids loved it so much. They have an awesome water slide in the indoor pool. We didn't use the outdoor one because it was too chilly out. The inside pool was a little cold for me, but my kids didn't complain. I paid $78 a night with taxes. The rooms are your average hotel room. Nothing special about it. Our room was clean though. I didn't see any bugs. The shower took some time to figure out how to get the temperature just right. The pillows are thin. Those aren't big deals to us. I would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed over the weekend. It was our first time. We found it to be nothing fancy but clean and comfortable. The staff were very kind and helpful. Even made a pot of coffee for us. We will stay again and highly recommend Riverchase.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We took our daughter out for a weekend , though we would go to Pigeon Forge. We came across this beautiful motel on the outside and the lobby was great, and when they quoted me a price I thought if the rooms are anything like this it is well worth it. Boy was I wrong, First off when we started to go to bed pulled the blanket down to a big shoe print on the sheet , the pillow was only 1 inch thick, so I went to office to get clean sheets and some more pillows, was given a sheet but was told if I wanted a pillow I would have to go and purchase my own. If it wasn't so late , we have went else where. Went to office and ask to speak to a manager in the morning was told that I would have to come back later that the lady had spelled her drink all over the floor and couldn't talk to me. I couldn't sleep in the bed it was like sleeping on pavement in the parking lot, so I slept in my car that night. It has stains on the mattresses and box springs, our room had baby roaches. They didn't serve any type of a breakfast at all. So if you are planning a trip to Pigeon Forge or going to Dollywood , AVOID this motel at all cost. If it was the only place to stay, I would go and sleep in the river first. I had to also go and purchase a power strip to plug up my laptop my daughters laptop and our phone chargers there was only 2 outlets in the whole room. I have stayed in some cheap run down places but this room made them look like mansions. The outside and lobby was the only part that was nice. If you ask for your money back you are told "NO" , that it isn't that bad. When I went to unpack I also had little tiny surprises in the bag, never the less we trashed it all. Hope you don't mind the internet not working all the time, the only time we could get it to work at all was 3am to 5am.

Room Tip: Any where but here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Run don't stay here at all.
5  Thank PAL L
Cynthia G, Owner at Riverchase Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

I am sorry that your stay was not as comfortable as it should have been. We appreciate your review. It is with your comments that we can improve.
Our head housekeeper inspects all rooms everyday. When a guest checks in and doesn't want to stay then you can check out within a reasonable amount of time.
Again we are sorry.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We purchased a room at Riverchase on October 11, 2013 because it was the only room we could find vacant. We checked in the room around 9:30pm and when we walked into the room, it stunk!! We thought we would try it anyway because the room appeared to be clean. The walls were painted white and the room was bright. We pulled down the covers and noticed that the comforter was stained yellow. Also there was a small hard shelled bug on the sheet. So this prompted us to look for more bugs. We saw a silverfish come out of the curtain and my five year old saw a bug on the ceiling and then we saw two more bugs crawl out from beside the bed. My husband picked up the phone to call the staff and the phone was sticky. We went down to the desk and they gave us our money back.($136 for the night) They acted like they were not surprised at all about the bugs. We won't go back there again!!!

3  Thank tanya0421

We are sorry for your recent stay with us. We appreciate your comments, You were refunded and able to find accomadations elsewhere.