“Gross”
Review of Riverchase Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pigeon Forge
Riverchase Motel
Ranked #77 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
“Gross”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We just returned from a short little family vacation on June 29-30. We decided to stay at the River Chase Motel, regardless of all the bad reviews that we have seen, which was our fault. Man, were we in for a rude awakening. The beds looked fine, but after discovering that you had to walk around the room with your shoes on, due to the fact that if not, your feet would be completely black and filthy in a matter of a few steps, we were surprised.
I am about 5 feet 9 inches tall and the shower head was almost eye level for me and the water would go from cold to hot the entire shower. When trying to give my children baths, the bathtub drain stopper would not stay closed, so while my wife was washing them, I had to hold my foot on the drain to keep the water in.
The pool, haha, what you see, is definitely not what you get on this one. My daughter was so excited to get to this, but even she was a little taken back. The slides are nice to have, but the water has so much chlorine in it, that you can't hardly stand to get in or even sit close, as it will burn your eyes out. Make sure also to watch your kids from getting hurt, as the lifeguard that was there when we were, seemed like she was bored out of her mind and didn't even notice what was going on in or around the pool.
Finally to beat all, the customer service is HORRIBLE. My wife and I decided after the first night that it was worth throwing away the $120 we had paid for the second night, to get the heck out of this place. We loaded up the kids around 3pm on Saturday and just for giggles, I wanted to go up to the front desk to see if there was a chance that we could have a credit or anything, not expecting much to be honest. I was simply told "no, we don't do that" in which I completely understood and went about my business.
The next day, I get a call from the hotel letting me know that my daughter had left her Nintendo DS games in the room and they were found, would I like for them to send back the games in the mail. I agreed and then today, I get a phone call from an express shipping place asking for payment of $16 and some change. When I questioned what the charge was for, they mentioned that they had 4 DS games that were mailed back from River Chase Motel and the charge was to complete the shipping!!!! WHAT?? My wife called back the motel to check this and was told clearly, "you asked for them to be mailed to you. If you don't want to pay for that, we can have them sent back here and you can pick them up next time you are here." HAHAHA. I am the manager of a large customer service group and to me, this was very unacceptable and it did not seem that the hotel was concerned whatsoever about me and apparently has no idea how to use stamps.
Needless to say, I was going to keep quiet about the room and it's filthy state, but after this and being treated this way, I am voicing my opinion. This is by far the worst experience I have ever had with a place in Pigeon Forge and living only 3 short hours away, we visit on a regular basis. The $39.97 Family Inns in the area are much better, more friendlier and for the price you save staying at a cheaper place, the water parks definitely make up for the poor excuse for a pool with slides that this place offers.
Beware of this place! You will be very disappointed.

Room Tip: Find another place all together.
6 Thank Travis M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Palmerton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We just got back from 4 days at the Riverchase.....We absolutely loved it, loved it, loved it!!!!We were there from June18-21. I booked the motel 6 months ago,but just read the reviews the day before our trip. Glad I didn't cancel. We used our AAA discount had a jetted tub in our room,which was spotless,and a good size for our family of 5.Had great coffee in the room every morning the size of the fridge was bigger than expected and the room was cleaned to perfection everyday. We had the pleasure of meeting most of the staff the first and second day. It was like speaking to old friends. My husband and I honeymooned in Pigeon Forge almost 20 yrs ago.The staff was THE BEST!!! Still enjoying the home grown cucumbers one of the ladies had brought in from her daughters garden. Delicious!!! We will go back again and recomend Riverchase as well.

Room Tip: Stayed in rm 411 best rm in motel
2 Thank kay g
, Owner at Riverchase Motel, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay with us in Pigeon Forge.
We are so glad that you had a good time with us, and we look forward to seeing you again.
Thank you for choosing the Smoky Mountains as your destination.
Milford, OH
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This was the first time to stay and the last. We pd $120/night. We stayed for the pool for the kids with the 100' indoor slide and the 45' outdoor slide. the kids enjoyed the pool but that was it. Was told the room was newly remolded, but it was cheaply done. the bath tub had rust stains (i hope) and drained very slowly. the tub surround had rust stains as well. the shower had very little water pressure. The toilet stopped up 3 times, only there 2 nights. We had to put a $2 cash deposit down the room key, which we got back at check out. I have never heard of a deposit need for the room key. Then when we went to get ice for the room, we had to pay $.25 for half a bucket. again i have never heard of paying for ice at a hotel. While talking to other people staying there they stated the had their toilet over flow, was given a new room and the that toilet as well was stopped up and when asked to have it fix, was given a pluger to fix himself. There was stains on the clear bed sheets. There was a group of adults that was drinking and carring on by the pool that was not child appropreate language. Then there was a creepy male employee that would sit by the pool staring at the young girls while playing the in te pool was told it was to make sure they followed the rules but he creeped us out.

Room Tip: Don't go!!!!!!!!!!!!
4 Thank ReneeMilford_OH
Cynthia G, Owner at Riverchase Motel, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
We do apologize for your recent stay with us. We do try to correct any problem you have and or move you to a different room. Your problems were fixed for you.
The young man at the pool in the lifeguard chair is a pool monitar and is there for your safety, and all others to enforce all the pool rules.
Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I had stayed at this hotel years and years ago and had no problems. Not sure if it's a different owner now or what but this was a VERY disappointing stay! Our room looked neat enough but the cleanliness was NOT there. The toilet had nasty dirty marks all in it, the tub had a dirt ring and the room smelled (non-smoking room) it just smelled dirty :/ the pool water was cloudy and the water draining off the slide was tinted a greenish color. I also saw bedbug droppings in the seams of the mattresses. Had it not been so late in the evening and my 6 year old having his heart set on the waterslide I would have demanded a refund and left but we knew we were only staying one night. The price should be half of what they charge. Our experience made me put this hotel in my "roach motel" category and we will not be staying there again. DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE BEAUTIFUL EXTERIOR.... That's just a trap to get your tired, worn down family in the door and your children whining to go down the waterslide!

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank Rktk1972
Cynthia G, Owner at Riverchase Motel, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
We do apologize for your recent stay with us. Our rooms are inspected before arrival, and we are sorry for this situation that you found upon arriving to your room. Our front desk clerks are available to make any changes with your room and or moving you to a different room if needed.
Our pools and water slides are properly maintained for your swimming enjoyment.
We do hope you can come and visit us again in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Bellevue, Ohio
Reviewed May 28, 2012

i stay here once a year on business.very conveinent location.the pool is by far the nicest in the area.i wish the haunted house was still there. viited it in 2005 and was one of the best ones ive been to for the value

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Cynthia G, Owner at Riverchase Motel, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
We are so pleased you had a good time on your visit with us on May 28th. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Thank you again.
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Looks are deceiving on the outside. They dumped all their money to entice you on the outside, very cute. Way below looks on inside. I had my kids swimming when a child vomited on the walkway for indoor slide. They never closed the pool, just 'scooped vomit up' and hosed it down, which landed to deck below, which ran into the pool where 30 plus kids were at. I questioned staff, Michelles response : I will disenfect later. She also said if I have a problem with it, go swim outside. She wouldn't give me a comment/complaint form, she told me to use blank paper. She dared me to call Health Department, which I did. The owner needs to review his staff, it needs a facelift just like the rooms do.

• Stayed April 2012
5 Thank lauriefn
Cynthia G, Owner at Riverchase Motel, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
We apologize for the outcome with our pool. The staff took all the necessary procedures in cleaning up the mess in the pool area.
We stick to all of the guidelines that are imposed with the state health department and receive high marks for our pools.
The matter was taken care of in a quick and orderly time, so other guests could and did enjoy the pool that evening.
We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you and your family.
Candler
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Over priced. Rude staff the room we stayed in was the worst experience. Grandaughters first mini vacation wiith us and it was horrible. bugs in the room which she is terrified of. Beds were Horribly uncomfortable. chlorine in the pool was awful it burnt your eyes,staff ignores calls from quest in rooms,Vomit in the room behind tv stand and dried urine around the base of toilet. Grandaughter could not enjoy the jetted tub because it did not work and ran all night very noisy son had bed bug bites all over him. It was a very horrible experience and I will never ever stay there again or recommend this hotel. I am disputing room charges and I will be posting pictures of the rooms conditions. Really before booking a room read reviews and then RUN THE OTHER WAY!!!!!!!! Money would be better spent buying a tent form walmart and sleeping in it. Amy

Room Tip: I suggest you read the reviews and even e-mail people to ask them questions and RUNNNNNNN AWWWAAYY...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank AmyMiMi
Cynthia G, Owner at Riverchase Motel, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
We apologize for your stay with us in March.
All of our rooms are inspected before your arrival. If there is a problem upon check in, we want to be notified so the problem can be addressed.
We apologize for the our staff as we do not tolerate that standard of work ethics. We have a staff here 24 hours so that we can be available to your needs and or relocating to another room.
Thank you for letting us know, and again we apologize to you.