“Nasty!!”

Americana Inn & Suites
Ranked #88 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I made reservations for this place for last weekend from recommendation of a co worker made the mistake of reading reviews after reservations were made went to look at my room which was at the back of the hotel in a dark corner where all the people live the reason we got that room was because when i made my reservations we booked a King Sized bed when we got there some little chinese girl said and i quote "We have no King available, is it okay put you in two Queen?" So after they looked a minute they "found" us a room then I asked to look at it before we continued there were numerous people in the lobby with MANY different issues about their rooms so anyway me and my husband went to look at the room on first look it wasnt to bad (i checked the bed first) the sheet were dingy looking but no bugs then i checked the toilet it flushed okay, and i made sure we had a remote in our room we decided that we would go ahead and stay there since we didnt think we would be able to find anything else! We went to our room and i was going to use the WiFi to call and check on my daughter yeah guess what it didnt even pick up in our room so i went to the lobby and they tried to tell me the rain was knocking it out (we didnt have it the whole weekend) had to go stand next the the resturant next door to call my daughter!! Well later that evening i went to take a shower which you have to be a "little person" to stand under and when i turned the water on black sut came out into the tub i was afraid to shower with out my flip flops on. The pool in the pictures from a distance it looks the same when you get close to it there is grass growing out of the concrete around the pool the "hot tub" didnt even have water in it and the whole area smelled so much like chlorine it would take your breath away!! If i was you i would not stay at this hotel stay at the one next to it!! The only good thing about this place it where it is located!!

Room Tip: Look at your room first and check all amenities before paying!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca C

Reviewed July 24, 2014

The OWNER had given forms out last September 2013 to people that had stayed there and were wanting to come back for the 2014 ROD RUNS. There were several people that had filled their forms out along with a couple of our friends who filled theirs out and we turned them in when we checked out. I was calling to make sure we had our room and for a conformation number, we weren't even in their system. I told the owner i had a copy of the form in front of me with a quote of $448.00 for a 3 night stay and she the OWNER tried to make me out to be a "LIAR", told me they never gave any forms out, I told her i had a copy of the form right in front of me she still denied giving them out and refused to HONOR the quote she had already given me. She told me the new price would be $535.29 for a 3 night stay and ask if i wanted the room or not. If i hadn't been afraid that i wouldn't have been able to find another room this close to the Rod Run i wouldn't have taken it. Told our friends they better be calling to check on their room!! WILL BE FINDIND NEW PLACE TO STAY!!! WASN'T THE NICEST PLACE TO STAY BUT WAS RIGHT ON THE STRIP.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank sarah m
Reviewed July 21, 2014

The place is nasty .the rooms are not clean and i got bit by bed bugs. We stayed in room 425 and would never stay agian. The pool was nasty also. The bedding was dirty there was no toilet paper in the room. The air conditioner smelled very badly when it was turned on.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Booked 2 nights. First night was awful. Fought and got refund through hotels.com. Stayed 2nd elsewhere. Gross dirty pool, bathroom in our room dirty (pee running down back and side of toilet). AC only worked on high so LOUD. People screamed and partied in pool till 2:30am even though I called desk numerous times and was told she would "take care of" it. Bed had "valley" in middle. Towels had other peoples hair in them- smelled clean but ewwww. Shower curtain filthy on inside. Party we were with had more issues w their room. First one no AC and 2nd one smelled like pee. Breakfast (next to none) was put away before promised time and also both of us were charged extra "processing" fee when we checked in. We were prepaid. And wouldn't give my friend a printed receipt. He had to fight to get a written one. Noticed 2 other parties checking in having same issue. Paid cash and wouldn't give them a receipt.. Be WARNED!!!! Also checked other people into our other parties room twice!
There was more but I think you get the idea!!!

Reviewed July 17, 2014

We checked into The Americana Inn in Pigeon Forge on June 26. The room was dirty and disgusting. There were stains on the sheets, the carpet was dirty, there were two small towels in the room that had been used. There was no toilet paper in the room and holes in the wall. The swimming pool was dirty and the hot tub was green and the lights were out in the hallway. I went downstairs and ask to speak with the manager and I was informed that the manager wasn't available to talk with me. I then asked for my money back and was informed that I couldn't have my money back because it had been placed in the safe deposit box but I could have another room. I explained that I did not want another room but was told I could not have my money back. The lady at the front desk told me her name was Kim. She gave me a key to another room which was in the same shape that the first room was in. The bed was dirty, holes in the wall, the sink and toilet had been painted to cover up the rust and stains. We checked out of the hotel and stayed at a different place. I filed a police report and learned that this has happened several times. I have filed a complaint with the department of tourism and BBB. This place should be shut down!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank KassieP05
PAS1234, Guest Relations Manager at Americana Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2014

Dear Valued Guest:

We appreciate your feedback and informing us of the issues you encountered with cleanliness in your room. Please accept our sincere apology for the deficiencies in your guestroom. Certainly a clean and properly equipped room are a standard expectation of our guests. We are sorry your experience has been otherwise. I have shared your comments with our Director of Housekeeping so that corrective action can be taken to ensure future guests do not experience the same difficulties you encountered. Your comments are very helpful to us and we appreciate you taking the time to inform us within your feedback.

Kind Regards,
Sheila

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Paid 130 some dollars for 2 nights (mainly because of the pool). The pictures made this place look nice however, when I arrived the room was tiny and very much outdated. The bed was pretty comfortable but te air conditioner would hardly blow cold air even on the coldest setting and was very loud. Never could find a tv remote. The area just didn't look very clean in regards to trash and property upkeep. The breakfast was awful! We actually left and went somewhere else. The biscuits was cold and stale and the gravy was very bland. They didn't have any variety. One kind of cereal and the orange juice wasn't even real orange juice. It tasted like Tang. I would not recommend this place for what you pay. Go somewhere else or ask to see a room first.

• Stayed: July 2014
PAS1234, Guest Relations Manager at Americana Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2014

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for staying at The Americana Inn & Suites on your most recent visit to the area. Please know that we strive to exceed all of our guests’ expectations and we apologize this was not the case with your stay. What you experienced from our staff is unacceptable, and the appropriate departments have been notified and the issues have been addressed. We also apologize In regards to your issues with your air conditioner, and our service engineer has corrected the problem as well.

Again we are sorry for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. We do hope we have the opportunity to host you and your family again. Please contact the hotel directly and mention TripAdvisor, we will give you a special discount, should you decide to stay with us again.

Kind Regards,
Sheila

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

This place was disgusting! We had only spent maybe an hour there and the wouldnt refund us! We had a reservation for 2 nights and then we had to leave because of how rude all the staff was and how bad the rooms were. If I could give this no stars I would! This was terrible. My daughter went and swam and there were beer cans all around and rude chinese people all around. There was no hot tube like it said and there was no lazy river either. Me and my daughter went down to talk to the front desk and they were so rude. We got a refund for 1 night and went over to the red roof inn which was alot better than the americana. Our toliet did not flush properly and there was numorus bugs. I will never stay here again even if the paid me!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends