“Avoid at all cost”

Americana Inn & Suites
Ranked #88 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I planned a last minute trip to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. This was my third time in the area, and my first time at the Americana Inn. Where to begin. I arrive in the late evening and walk into the lobby to check in. There is a line out the door of people trying to cancel their reservations due to cockroaches (yes, I am serious). After waiting about half an hour, I finally approach the front desk. They cannot find my reservation. I pull out my confirmation and print out of the reservation and they spend the next 45 minutes trying to find it in their computer. Only after they realized how upset I was getting someone else stepped in to help. The hotel itself is completely disgusting. The rooms smell and are dirty. There was mold in the bathroom. The beds are simply just scary, dirty sheets. I could go on. Bottom line: avoid this hotel at all cost. It's just disgusting and the staff is rude and useless.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ania_at_TravelBred
PAS1234, Front Office Manager at Americana Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Yes mam, I can certainly understand your frustration as I was working in the back office that night. Labor Day weekend is one of the busiest weekends at our property, and yes there was a line out the door at the time you checked in. Also the guest in which you are referencing that started it all with the cockroach story was trying to get a refund before checking in, went to there room came down over thirty minutes later and decided to create a scene being that we would not give a full refund causing other guests that were in the line going out the door to want a refund as well. After inspecting the room, there was no bug in the bathtub, and no water in the drain, just someone trying to cause a scene which apparently upset you as well as the other guests that were waiting to check in. I do remember you and apologize for the long wait at check in as with third party web reservations come into the hotel through a separate system and therefore reservations do not always come up which is why we highly recommend booking through the hotel directly to avoid lengthy wait times in the case the reservation does not transfer.

There are newer reviews for Americana Inn & Suites

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We frequent Pigeon Forge and we have stayed many different places. Unfortunately this past trip our hotel had a fire and we were forced to seek other arrangements on Labor Day weekend. I should have known better. The hotel is in a great location but that is the end. The rooms are disgusting, even the non smoking rooms STINK. We did not shower because the tub was disgusting. We attempted to get a refund but were informed that the owner lives over seas and no one has the authority to refund due to a 72 hour cancellation policy. Everyone was furious, there was a line out the door when we first walked in. The lady in front of us had standing water and a roach in her room, so we got off easy. Worst experience ever!

Room Tip: Anywhere but here! Hampton Inn or Wyndam!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lil_Miss_Leah

I certainly do apologize for the inconvienance. Your other hotel supposedly had a fire and you wanted to cancel your reservationas you had said to us due to the fact you found out you were able to check in to your other hotel and they would not give you a refund. Then you write this complaint stating all kinds of other reasons. We are aware you did not like the first room you were in and made every attempt to make your stay more enjoyable by switching you to another room. At the time of check in you also stated would file complaint on tripadvisor because the other hotel would not refund you your money

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Never stay there again no shower curtain a place for iron but no iron, a place for blow dryer but no blow dryer the room stunk carpet was so nasty scared to take off shoes tub was nasty, the bottom of the door had one inch crack in it you could see outside it was raining and the rain was coming in the door I would not stay there againeven if it was for free one thing it did have was a ironing board yea!!!! And the bed was soft couldn't sleep cause the fear of something crawling on me the locks on the door was broke also.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank pgcom
PAS1234, Front Office Manager at Americana Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

We would like to apologize for your bad experience. However we take great pride in our rooms. Unfortunately sometimes things like Irons, and hair dryers do come up missing. It is unfortunate that had happened to you. If brought to managements attention is something that would have been taken care of right away as our guests are our number one priority. Since we have become Americana Inn & Suites earlier this year we have been in the process of making many changes to our property and hope we will see you back again in the future. As always if there were any issues with an odor in the room or carpet not cleaned we would have been more then happy to upgrade you to a deluxe room at no additional charge or moved you to another room as mishaps may occur from time to time and if not brought to management's attention we have no way of correcting situations.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Nasty place has a room full of old broken tvs pilled high up. Smells bad and steps are cracked in spots beware before you let your family stay in this hotel the breakfaat is unsanitary letting little kids put there finger all over stuff its just nasty

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank misswings85

First off we believe in passing our savings on to our guests, LCD TV's do cost a fortune especially for a property of our size. The room in which you had seen does not have broken TV's piled high, those are actually functional TV's which are replacements for when TV's in our guest rooms go bad. Would it make sense to have broken TV's piled to the ceiling in a property our size? The exterior of our property is very well maintained and is odor free to the best of my knowledge. Yes, you may find small cracks here and there keep in mind our property is over 40 years old, and we have as of recently been performing a lot of updates to our property to keep up with the times, since becoming Americana Inn & Suites earlier this year. Also our hotel is family oriented and located in the heart of Pigeon Forge which is designated as one of the top family tourist destinations in the United States. We look forward to serving our guests from all walks of life. Kids will be kids, and our breakfast area is open to all and it is the parents responsibility to watch their kids as breakfast is a buffet open to all hotel guests.

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

My daughter granddaughter n girlfriend came here for the weekend. The room was clean the staff was friendly and the price was good.would stay here again.it was on the main strip and could see everybody going by nice view from the rooms

• Stayed: August 2013
PAS1234, Front Office Manager at Americana Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you so very much for the good review of our Hotel and our staff. We are pleased to hear that the staff really commits to taking care of the guest. We also try to keep our prices competitive to local hotels in the area..We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Hmmm...Where shall I start? As I was inquiring about a roomI asked the receptionist/owner if I could take a look at one of the rooms. She didn't seem interested in showing me a room instead she handed me a brochure and said "this is what the rooms look like" (Lol...that should have been a warning) BUT the brochure had a Howard Johnson sticker on it....so unfortunately I took the lady for her word. BIG MISTAKE! Also, I requested a ground level room near the pool...her reply "we don't have any available" come to find out...there were several available! Entered our room on the 4th floor(which is the top floor...not very close to the pool as requested) and the room had a smell to it...like a dirty smell! There weren't any towels in the room either. Decided to go and relax by the pool b/c we were Hot and Tired from searching for a room and the Hot tub was an unusual color. Then my daughter and I kept smelling something that smelt like POOP! So we moved our chairs to a different area of the pool...this seemed to help some. The deck of the pool was unkept with weeds growing near the hot tub almost as tall as the first floor, there were cigarette butts and beer cans on the pool deck and it was nasty. The drink machine near the pool was "out of order" and no other vending machines in sight. We finally got towels in our room at around 7pm and had to ask for washcloths. The housekeepers had a list of ppl waiting on linens, washcloths and towels. The next morning we get ready to go to the pool only to find that "IT'S CLOSED B/c someone POOPED in it the day before" WHAT, POOP IN THE POOL AND NO ONE TOLD US OR CLOSED THE POOL WHEN IT HAPPENED"? This is when I started asking questions and come to find out that the reason we smelled poop while we were sitting by the pool the previous day is b/c WE WERE SITTING BY THE POOP THAT HAD BEEN REMOVED FROM THE POOL BY A CUSTOMER b/c the owner refused to remove it herself! No one even mentioned to us at check in that someone had pooped in the pool and my family swam in that same water!!!! I lost it at this point and demanded to speak with the manager along with SEVERAL other customers. The manager of course wasn't available and the maintenance man told all of us upset customers to "get over it", the receptionist called the manager and they offered me $10 back or a free night stay! I refused both. The receptionist ended up calling the police on the upset customers b/c the manager wouldn't refund anyone's money. This place is disgusting, the staff is very very rude and I will never ever stay in this Hotel again...I'd rather sleep in my Car!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank Elisa098_12

Thank you for your comments and concerns about our swimming pool. We are currently using the new computer technology Ecolab supplies to improve and maintain the sanitation of our pool. We had inspected the pool as soon as guests informed us about a possible problem. This was during one of the busiest weekends in July. Our Maintenance Supervisor discovered that there was not poop, but lots of candies that somehow clogged up our filtration system. The pool was closed for the proper cleaning of the system. Ecolab has a computer system that automatically releases special chemicals into the pool that sanitize and cleanse the pool. Our swimming pool is open late, and every morning we need a few hours for cleaning. We appreciate your feedback, and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

It was by far the worst hotel we have ever been at....carpet was all ripped up, holes in walls, toilet was broke, phone didn't work and it smelled, the bed had grass and dirt in the sheets. The cont. breakfast consisted of a gallon of milk sitting on a table (who knows how long it had been there) and 2 cont. of cereal and a broken toaster...very dirty in there as well. Noone was ever at the front desk...tried to get money back so we could go somewhere else they refused...so beware!! Its a dump!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Theresa t
PAS1234, Front Office Manager at Americana Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

We certainly do apologize for the phone not working in your room and realize how important a phone can be. We do rely on our guests to let us know when something is wrong so that we may have the chance to set it right. As far as your accusation of breakfast consisting of one gallon of milk and cereal is a little far fetched as we take great pride in our breakfast offerings which are served seven days a week from 7:30AM - 10:00 AM which consists of Cereal, Milk, Apple & Orange juices, Fresh waffle batter daily vanilla, and blueberry, Biscuits and Gravy on the weekends, Bread, Butter, Bagels, Cream Cheese, fresh brewed coffee, and much more. I do not know how grass and dirt would get on your fresh linens, and if that were the case would have been more then happy to change your sheets for you, or provided you with a different room at check in if brought to our attention.