“Place was super nice when we got there!!”

Americana Inn & Suites
Ranked #88 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We looked all over for room on 4th of July and it had room and it was decent priced and friendly! Kids loved the pool and we loved hot tub!! Rooms are big to even add a cot in there! Will be staying there again. Only complaints were the elevator was broke when got there but fixed soon and shower was for person under 5 ft tall! But overall worth the money

• Stayed: July 2013
PAS1234, Front Office Manager at Americana Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Thank you Mrs. Marcotte for your kind review. We are certainly glad you enjoyed your stay with us and take great pride in our property. Yes, I know what you mean about the shower heads being located to low. However, on your next stay you may want to ask about our Deluxe Rooms which have a lot of upgrades that our standard rooms do not. Once again, thank you for your review and look forward to seeing you back in the future.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

clerk was rude to a spanish lady because she did'nt speak english .i ask to see the rooms i had booked thru booking.com The rooms was dirty!!!!!!!! i told them to cancel my reservation,and was told i would have to pay for the rooms.how can you give a 72 hrs. notice when you the booked the day before.Is this the only way to get people to stay there.this gives pigeon forge a black eye for theating people this way.they just want your money, they know how bad this hotel is. i want stop here i'll be calling and emails to bbb and dhec.this hotel should be condemn.the owners of this property should be ashamed .don't send apologize fix the problems starting with corporate.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jackie t

As Front Office Manager I will say that I am very proud of my Front Desk Staff, and we do not discriminate against anyone. We would like everyone to feel welcome at our property no matter what their nationality is. Yes, we do have a 72 hour cancellation policy as this protects the hotel from a loss of revenue from last minute cancellations. Weather you book your reservation an hour in advance or 72 hours in advance our cancellation policy still applies to all reservations except with special events which require a 30 day notice for cancellation. Look at it this way you are blocking a room in a hotel that no one else is able to book, you are guaranteed that room for your entire stay. If you depart early that releases the room back into the system that could have been rented to someone else and causes a loss of revenue to the property.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This place is very dirty and nasty. The floors are nasty, the breakfast was horrible, the room was dirty from day one if I hadn't already paid online we would have left this place right away!!! I cant believe how nasty this place is and still open it needs to be shut down. The staff is not organized no one knew the passwords to make door keys. we had to take the cleaning lady's key ... she didn't need it anyway she didn't clean!!! We went to brush our teeth and the sink almost fell in. The only thing that worked in this place was the shower, but the head was so low my husband almost had to get on his knees to wash his head.

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here:((((
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank teresagann

I assure you, our front desk staff is well trained on how to make keys for rooms, unfortunately just like computers at times electronics do crash and need to be reprogrammed. I can certainly understand your frustration with the delay to get to your room and apologize for that. Our housekeeping staff is also kept busy through out the day cleaning rooms, awaiting on laundry for clean towels and linens for our guest rooms. We have a large array of breakfast items ranging from hard boil eggs, cereal and milk, home made buttermilk and blueberry waffles every day, Bagels, Bread, Butter, and cream cheese, as well as Milk, and Juice. So we do have a decent mix and apologize if our breakfast was not up to your standards.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Not clean. Left over soap on sink when checked in, floors not vacuumed. Mold on bathroom ceiling. Can see where the room has had leaks. Advertises wifi but it doesnt work. Ants in room. Beds are comfortable but linens are terrible. No wash cloths or hand towels left when maid cleaned. Called front desk twice and asked the guy gathering laundry for some. Still don't have any so can't take a shower. Toilet paper was wet when we checked in. No ice in the machine for the ice buckets and no cups to fix drinks. Neighbors next to us said there was no milk for cereal so we ate elsewhere. Doors look like they have had pry bars used on them. Just overall a run down place and staff that isn't wanting to make the customers happy. We won't stay here again and advise others not to.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank heape
PAS1234, Front Office Manager at Americana Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

We do in fact have WIFI through out the entire building which will work in any room. I know there is one day in which a guest notified us that it was in fact not working and after resetting the network it worked fine. Our ice machine on the first floor is currently out of order and there is a functioning one located on the fourth floor. We certainly can understand your frustration with housekeeping and our taking actions to improve guest experiences and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I had a room reserved with Americana Inn and Suites (formally known as Howard Johnson Inn)since the beginning of 2013 for the middle of September. I prepaid in advance on 04-28-13 and have confirmation. Unfortunately, I lost my job which caused me to cancel the reservations. I visited the hotel on 06-23-13 to cancel face to face and receive my money back. Pam, the manager, made a copy of my drivers license and said it would be a week before I got a check in the mail, a total of $466.93. A week came, no check. I decided to wait another week due to the holiday weekend (July 4th) I thought mail would be backed up. After 2 weeks, no check. I made 2 more attempts to contact the hotel. The first, a woman took my information and never gave me a call back. The second, I spoke to a man named Rich who stated he talked to Pam and my check hasn't been sent but I will receive by the next 2 weeks. So, a month in total that I'm not receiving my refund? I tried to locate a number for corporate office and there isn't one. I contacted the hotel to find which chain they were under because of Howard Johnson changing to Americana Inn-I was told they were independently owned and operated. I asked to file a complaint with the manager, Pam, and I was told "no" and the representative released the call. I will never recommend this establishment to my family and friends. And this is the reason I am writing this review for others to be aware. They don't seem to know how to run a business.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bridget M

I certainly apologize for that happening to you, please email us at info@pigeonforgeamericanainn.com with your information so that I may look into that if your refund has not already been received. We are an independent chain and as such are not affiliated with Howard Johnson's any longer or with any other brand names. However we strive for guest excellence and look forward to getting this issue resolved for you as soon as possible.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

For the price we paid for the room I am very happy with our stay. People don't seem to realize you get what you pay for. When I pay under $100.00 for a room I know I am not staying at the Hilton. The room was clean, linens fresh and crisp. Shower curtain was missing and someone brought one right up. We had asked for a smoking room but there was no ash tray so the girl went and gathered up an ash tray for my husband. I will say the electrical outlets behind both beds had no cover plate and the outlets seemed to be hanging loose from the box. Needless to say we did not use them but was concerned that it was so close to our bed. The pool, kiddie pool and hot tub are very nice but the water was super cloudy the day we were there but appeared clean. Loved the porch areas with table and chairs for outside sitting. The Continental Breakfast seemed rather sparse but we have stayed in enough motels to know not to expect much when there is a free bkfst. So again we were not disappointed. The fellow working the bkfst area who seemed also to be the solicitor for local attractions that was set up in the lobby seemed a little grumpy as he heard customers commenting on the depleted breakfast items.We would stay there again. Especially liked the location and the nice gift shops and race car tracks that were right next door. Front desk personal was very nice on check in and the girl who brought the requested items up.

Room Tip: We were third floor right above the pool and our door was right across from the covered porch area t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
PAS1234, Manager at Americana Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

We are certainly glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to seeing you back again soon. I certainly do apologize for the shower curtain and ashtray missing at time of check in and know how frustrating that may be. I am glad we were able to take care of that for you. What was the room number you had stayed in, so that I may follow up with our engineering department to make sure those outlet covers are in place for the next guests that visit that room?

Reviewed June 19, 2013

My husband, my 4 year old son & I stayed there May 25-26, 2013. We contracted a very serious skin disease from our stay. The room that we stayed in one of the beds was already dirty, because it was not a "clean" room the housekeeper told us when we were checking out. The toliet would not flush & we had no towels. Now after spending $400 at the doctors & $78.68/ per tube of cream to try to fight off the infection I am urging EVERYONE to NEVER stay here!!!! I let the manager know of the situation and he "graciously" offered me 15% off my next stay! HA! What a joke! I would sleep on the ground and not contract what we did while staying there!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank M W

Hi M W, sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. However we find this review to be false as you first contacted us regarding this issue on 6/18 by email almost a month after you stayed at our property, Secondly in your email you asked to be reimbursed for a $90.00 doctor visit not a $400.00 visit, and $78.00 for a tube of cream that is now $78.68 per tube of cream? We had also responded to this email and advised we would not be able to do a refund for the stay and offered a discount on a future visit and also notified you by email to email or fax us your receipts so that we may forward to our insurance carrier for submission on 6/18 with no further response.