“An Oasis-A retreat.”

Ranked #58 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Watertown, TN
“An Oasis-A retreat.”
Reviewed July 14, 2009

Determined to locate a nice, comfortable motel for my current stay in Pigeon Forge, I drove to no less than 10 motels before discovering the unique River Gate Inn tucked behind a go-cart track my teenage son was enjoying. The young man in the office was pleasant and helpful, offering to show me an available room. The moment he closed the door to illustrate the sound proof room I booked 2 rooms for the remaining 3 days/2 nights I was staying. I was able to relax in a plush, immaculate room while my son and his buddy enjoyed the Pigeon Forge strip.
What you do not get with this room is breakfast, WiFi, or a pool (not offered, not promised). What you do get is cleanliness, serenity, comfort, peace and quiet. I can't wait to return with my husband!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Pat & Fred M, Manager at RiverGate Mountain Lodge & Wedding Chapel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! I am now pleased to let you know we now have free WiFi & you can also play/charge your iPod on our new radios in your room! Our rooms are still very quit & relaxing! Pigeon Forge is growing around us & we will do our best to keep up! :) We also now have a hot tub in the gazebo...I bet that may be more fun for you hubby & teenagers :) We do not have room for a pool but teenagers can feel free to get a tube & float down the river its a great time as well! At this time most people that stay with us prefer to go out & enjoy a restaurant quality breakfast on vacation. It is something for us to keep in mind as our motel gets more bookings. Thank you so much for your pros & cons...thats how we grow with guests in mind! Cant wait to see you & your family again soon! ~Rivergate

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Washington, WV
Reviewed June 21, 2009

My husband & I can't wait to go back and sit on the balcony and watch the river and the cranes. You couldn't hear the two tracks, unless you tried. Since the rooms are soundproofed, once you closed the doors, it was quiet. The bed was luxurious. The room was beautiful, immaculate, and peaceful. It is a five minute walk from the Old Mill, plus several of the other restaurants and shoppingin Pigeon Forge, so you don't have to bother with driving and parking. It was perfect for us. You have to decide if it is perfect for you.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your great review! You are so right, you have to try & hear the tracks, but the river is what you really hear :) We are now updating our lounge chairs on the balconies...please be sure to let us know what you think! Cant wait to see you again soon! ~Nikki
*Squirrels & many birds have been stopping by more frequently as well lots of wildlife to watch! :)
South Carolina
Reviewed March 23, 2009

My husband and I just love the River Gate! We have stayed there several times and can't wait to go back again. Although we do all the fun things there is to do in Pigeon Forge, it is nice to come back to the room and just relax. The rooms are always clean and we love the balcony overlooking the river. The owners are so nice and accomodating. We have recommended this hotel to several of our friends and they enjoyed the River Gate also.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Pat & Fred M, Manager at RiverGate Mountain Lodge & Wedding Chapel, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review! We are very glad to hear you had a great stay! We are even more happy to hear you like it so much to recommend to others! That makes all the hard work worth it! Thanks for staying with us & we really enjoy having you here with us! Can't wait to see you again soon!
Chattanooga, Tn
Reviewed December 9, 2008

The owner Pat is just wonderful!! she was so helpful. We went through the online for booking. Had a family emergency and didn't know if we were going to make it. We cancelled it and She worked with us! The room was wonderful!!! We stayed in the Jacuzzi room. It was a beautiful room, awesome jacuzzi! We will be back for years to come!!!! It was so clean!! You need to try it out, you won't want to stay anywhere else!

• Liked — It was very clean! Great rooms!!!!
  • Disliked — the radio didn't work.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dancinggirl68
Thank you so much for your review! We love hearing your comments! Pat does everything she can to be sure you have a great stay! We will do our best to work with you, we are a family business so we understand family emergencies! We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! Im happy to let you know we now have updated our radios! If you have any problems with the one in your room, we have "back ups" ;) so you be sure to let us know asap! Thanks again for staying with us we really enjoy having you here with us! Hope to see you again soon! ~Nikki
bcanada06
Reviewed September 13, 2008

Best room on the strip. Wake up feeling like you slept in your bed. Sound proof rooms are really sound proof. Upscale decorations make the room comfortable. Very convenient to all activities, would recommend to all visitors. Price is good too.

• Liked — The rooms
  • Disliked — No pool
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you so much for your review! We are glad you had a great nights sleep! Our mattresses are Kingsdown Pillow top & they are very comfy! The rooms are decorated by Pat Maples the owner. Pat made sure the rooms were something she would enjoy staying in & she did her best to be sure these rooms felt like home. While we are close to everything & lots of noise, we still have the back part where it is pretty quite & relaxing! We are in a great location...while the down side is that their is no room for a pool! We did our best to accommodate that with the hot tub out front...we also have the river where you can go tubing kayak fishing etc....we are a great location but we are not a huge location. Thanks again for your stay & review! We hope to see you again soon! ~Nikki
Ohio
Reviewed June 28, 2008

Very beautiful room and one of the most clean I have seen in a long time. The beds our home away from home comfy (pink sheets wow). I spent most of my evening on the balcony over looking the river. Although, it is between two race tracks the noise was not that bad. I would suggest this hotel to young couples, older couples, or someone like myself that is single and just wanted to get away and relax. I would not suggest families with small children, because there is no pool. The couple that own the hotel are very nice people and true AMERICANS!

• Liked — bed
  • Disliked — no table in room
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Thank you so much for your great review! We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! I personally am glad to hear you liked how clean they were! Pat does not time me in the rooms this way I am able to get done what needs to be! I do my best to keep these rooms very clean & be sure they stay that way! The balcony is also my favorite part! We do not have a pool because their is no room on our property for one...we do however, have the river for tubing, fishing etc. & the hot tub out front. Your right this motel is mostly for relaxing & the convenience of walking. We do take pride in being an American family operated motel. We are not like the big chain motels at all & thanks for noticing! :) The table in the room...your the first to say something about that & we will be thinking about what we can do about it for sure! Thanks for staying with us & hope to see you again soon!
leeds,england
Reviewed June 16, 2008

Stayed here for 2 days 25/5-27/5/08 and had mixed feelings about it.
Should have noticed there were no recent reviews !
The elderly couple who run the River Gate Inn are lovely people and the room was immaculate with expensive decoration.The balcony is lovely with comfy reclining/rocking sunseats.
the position is not ideal-between 2 noisy motor car racing tracks ! though this is hardly the owners fault !
They are Christians and have added lovely little touches like the lit outside decorations..
I feel reluctant to criticise but the bill was wrong 3 times and even the final bill seemed exhorbitant compared to our other hotel bills on our tour in that area of USA. (you could stay almost anywhere in PF at a cheaper rate and get the same/better facilities) but not the same standard of room itself.
There is no complimentary breakfast and for the price we paid I felt it should have included that..
Unfortunately we also landed there on the most crowded day of the year-Memorial Day ! All America seemed to be there as a bank holiday .
So yes I liked the room but would I stay again ?-prob not ! because of the price-I felt we had been ripped off really.The owner said this was down to Expedia but I dont think so-never had the charges at such a high rate before !

• Liked — the balcony
  • Disliked — the bill
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
LakeAlfred, manager at RiverGate Mountain Lodge & Wedding Chapel, responded to this review, July 15, 2008
I am so sorry the customers had mixed feelings. The reservations were made through a internet server for a King/Jacuzzi suite for 89.00 which is a great rate on a Memorial Day weekend or any time. As far as race tracks being close no one else, or any of our repeat customers have ever complained because our rooms are the few that have concrete inter walls and are sound proof. Year after year our same customers return and tell us what a wonderful motel we have. I am so sorry someone visiting us from England felt this way.