“Hidden Gem”

RiverGate Mountain Lodge & Wedding Chapel
Ranked #57 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Wow! This place is absolutely amazing. I've rent a lot of motels in the area and this one takes the cake. Don't let the cheap price fool into thinking its a dump like all the other places in the town. The owner checked me in and was incredibly nice to me. She was genuine as well, not the fake type kindness that the big hotels chains put on. When I got to my room I was amazed. It was very spacious, and very nice amenities. Beds were very comfortable. The place was incredibly clean too and had a very homey feel. I will only stay here from now on

• Stayed June 2013
5 Thank Daniel A
Pat & Fred M, Manager at RiverGate Mountain Lodge & Wedding Chapel, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We strive to keep a clean homey place! Being a family owned & operated business we care more, about everything! Pat (the owner) is most likely the person who checked you in, Pat works very hard & hopes all of our guests feel like apart of our family! We would not still be in business if it wasn't for our repeat guests. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope to see you again soon! ~Nikki

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Kingsport, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Well after reading the reviews, I had to try this place. Soooo glad we did. The people there are so nice and the rooms are just perfect! Everything was beyond clean and we slept so well in the comfy beds. Location was perfect. We were able to walk everywhere. The balcony by the river was very relaxing and when we were finished with that, we just went around and were in the middle of all the action. It is like you have the best of both worlds. This was my first say, but definately not my last. I plan on returning as soon as I can.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Michelle H
Michelle,
We are also SO glad you stayed with us! Thank you so much for your review! The front of the property does scare away some guests, they don't understand once your in your room, your in a whole other place! With the peaceful noise of the river over your private balcony your sure to get some relaxation. Being in the heart of Pigeon Forge literally, from the front of the property your sure to be apart of the action as well! A perfect vacation, you decide what your in the mood for! We are in the process of upgrading the balcony lounge chairs & a few other things. We do strive to keep our guests coming back & we are so glad to have made a new repeat guest! (we love adding family members ;) Can't wait to see you again soon! ~Nikki
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I reserved my room today. But before i did my wife and I wanted to see the room. The room was immaculate. It was the cleanest hotel room i had ever seen. wonderful beds, comforter, pillows, curtains, colors, etc. The carpet feels so good under foot. The owner is super nice. Great location. sound proof walls. Loved the balcony. i would recommend this place to anyone that is picky like myself. Wonderful little place. Also AMERICAN FAMILY OWNED AND OPERATED!!!

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Bighauler
Thank you so much for your review! We strive to keep our place updated & very clean! Pat has decorated the rooms, as a room she would want to stay in & she does have great taste! :) Being a family owned & operated business we take much pride in our "home!" We really enjoy having you stay with us! We are very proud of our rooms & are always glad to show them off! If you are staying somewhere else...come check see our rooms, your sure too reserve your next vacation with us as well! We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us & can't wait to see you again soon!
Louisiana
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My wife. & I have made the Rivergate our home away from home several times a year. When we come for a few days, most of the time it turns out to be a week!! Our room, 204 has been " ours" for more years than I can remember. We cannot express how happy we were in Oct. last year when we found the Maples were back!! The only place we look forward to coming to in Pigeon Forge. The balcony is so relaxing, if you came with a problem, it is gone when you leave. The beds are so comfortable, you wonder where the night went. When you come, rest assured the noise from the amusement area will not be heard in the rooms!!!*** You will not find a more comfortable, well decorated room in town. Mr. & Mrs. Maples, we look forward to returning here and seeing you and your family for many more years...Barbara & J.D.Kent

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank rebels77
Babara & J.D. Kent
We are so glad you stay with us! It has been great getting to know the both of you over these many years! We enjoy seeing you each year! Thank you so much for your compliments, you know Pat & Fred do their best to keep happy guests! It makes them even more happier when they have "family" like you who love & enjoy what they have built! Your room 204 will always be ready for the both of you! Can't wait to see you again soon! ~Nikki
Muncie, Indiana
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My husband and I have been staying for several years. I love the owners, hot tubs, the location is perfectly located in the center of Pigeon Forge. The rooms are clean and the security is great. I would recommend to anyone that would like a perfect get-a-way.

Room Tip: I love the top floor. I love the hot tub in the room. I love the cleanliness. I love the southern...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank Nada H
Nikki C, HouseKeeper at RiverGate Mountain Lodge & Wedding Chapel, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Nada
It has been a great pleasure of ours getting to know you & your family! We enjoy having you each year & always look forward to seeing you all! We are so glad we were able to finally get the garage ready for you to use! I promise to keep it ready for you to use anytime! :) Hopefully next time you will get the chance to check out the Zip Lines! Thanks a bunch for always going easy on me (Nikki) also! Getting the "break" is nice every once in awhile! :)
Can't wait to see you next time!
Gainesville, Georgia
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Clean, cozy rooms. Recently the original owners have come back home. Worth the drive. The only place to stay in PF to stay in my opinion. Nice quite rooms on the river. Within walking distance to a lot of attractions

• Stayed November 2012
4 Thank Bethcanada2006
Beth
Yes! The real owners are back! Rivergate Mountain Lodge may have change the name but the owners are still the same! :) Pat leased the motel & she has now taken it back over & had the name change to give it a fresh start. Keeping our motel clean comfy & our guests happy is still top priority! We are so glad you had a great time with us! We can't wait to see you again!
Greeneville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have stayed there many times over the years. Sometimes for a weekend of shopping and sometimes just to relax with my husband. I can't say enough good things about Rivergate. It has always be clean, welcoming and well maintained. I hope to go back many times over the future years.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie G
LakeAlfred, Owner at RiverGate Mountain Lodge & Wedding Chapel, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Many thanks for staying with us.
We always love to see our good friends who are like family to us each time you come. Please come see us again. Fred and Pat