“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #29 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Alabama
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed May 12, 2009

The rooms in the Park Grove Inn were substantially roomier than I expected. The room was very clean upon arrival and throughout our stay thanks to excellent housekeeping. The beds were comfy, and the shower had consistently hot water with good pressure. The location was far enough off the parkway to be quiet, but close enough to get back on it quickly and easily. They do offer "Play another day" Dollywood tickets, but only with cash in hand. Just an FYI if you plan on doing that. The pools and hot tub were well-maintained. My child enjoyed the mushroom kiddie pool.
Breakfast was a little disappointing: cereal, stale bagels, fruit salad from a can, and packets of oatmeal, but what can you expect from a hotel breakfast anyway?
Yes, they do hold church on Sundays on the 7th floor, which I thought was kind of odd, but to each his own.
Overall, it was decent. The room was big and clean, so we were happy.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank 1stTimer09

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Atlanta
Reviewed April 29, 2009

I was a bit skeptical when I booked this room online as the reviews were all over the place. The location was great. Just off the Parkway in Pigeon Forge with lots of restaurants, a grocery store and activities in walking distance. The trolley stops right in front of the hotel and only cost .50 to ride one way. We had a family suite that was very clean and spacious with a beautiful view of the mountains. The pools and spa was clean and well maintained. Most of the staff was friendly and helpful. The only negative aspects were breakfast and charging for a bucket of ice. That was cheesy. The workout room only had three machines and the game room was sparse as well. (Sorry kids) I did enjoy my stay and I will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2009
1 Thank flyin'
Westminster, SC
Reviewed April 17, 2009

I made reservations over the phone and was told one rate and when we checked in the rate had gone up $20 because of a car show. They would not honor what I was told when I made my reservations (I did not have the confirmation letter). All the other reviews stated the bed was wonderful ours was hard. The room was clean, the breakfast was not great just make sure you are there before 9:30 they shut the door. My husband left his pillow and we were still in the area when we realized it called the hotel to see if we could come by and get it was told that we would have to wait until the next day because house keeping was gone (hello we were leaving to go home). So my husband had to say goodbye to his pillow of many years. We will not be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank epmt
East Tennessee
Reviewed February 23, 2009

This hotel is newly renovated & very nice. My husband & I have stayed here multiple times & it's very great. Friendly service. Clean. Beautiful entry. If you don't like religion, do not stay on the 7th floor, because that is where they hold church service on sundays, but other than that, its an outstanding value. I highly recommend it :)

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank tnb143
SW Virginia
Reviewed December 27, 2008

My family and I stayed here on Christmas day, and the day after. The hotel had a clean smell throughout . The beds were extremely comfortable. The rate quoted was the rate given. Had nice indoor pool and hot tub. The only downside was first night wifi service was super slow, but second night was really good. Breakfast could have been better, and plate size could have been larger also. And $.25 cent ice machine was alittle cheesy. But overall, I would come back here again, and would recommend to anyone.

• Liked — CLEAN
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank ChrisinVA
TN
Reviewed November 7, 2008

Great place to stay and will stay there again. I have already recommended 3 other familys to stay there since I have returned and they said they loved it also. Best customer service I have seen so far. Everything was clean and neat. Hotel needs very minor touchups. Everyone I ran into was very friendly also. I stay in the area 3-4 times a year and I will definately return to this place.

• Liked — value, cleanliness, and service
  • Disliked — they need to add biscuits and gravy and eggs and pancakes to the breakfast bar :D
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank TJRTn
Virginia
Reviewed November 1, 2008

Made reservations 2 weeks ahead of time and quoted a price. Once we arrived we smelled the city sewer which is ajacent to the hotel. After we had paid 2 days later we were called to the front desk and told we owed more money that the attendent quoted us wrong which come up to be another $100.00. We were told if we didn't pay this amount that we had to leave the hotel. POOR BUSINESS !!!! This hotel is under new foreign management. Had stayed there 3 years ago and is now a very different run business. The breakfast buffest consist of cereal, coffee and mini muffins. You also have to pay for your own ice and any local phone calls made.WE WILL NEVER RETURN!

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — NEVER GO BACK
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family