“Great location, terrible beds” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Grove Inn

Park Grove Inn
Ranked #31 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
“Great location, terrible beds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband, daughter and I stayed here for three nights last week. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The location is wonderful, in the middle of everything! We didn't use the pools so I can't comment on those from personal experience but the outdoor one was full. Looked like it was definitely being enjoyed. The hotel does need updating. Wallpaper was peeling, stains in carpet, that sort of thing. I complained to the front desk of a molded ceiling tile in our shower and it was replaced immediately. My real complaint, and the reason I won't be staying again, these beds are some of the most uncomfortable ones I have ever tried to sleep on. Unless you stay in a suite, it feels like sleeping on concrete! I told the desk they needed to replace their beds before we would stay again. Hopefully they will remodel soon because I do love this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank ChristyEWilliams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Bristol, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was our first time staying at the Park Grove Inn as we normally stay at some cabins down the road. But being that we live so close to this area we come up about 25 times a year and this was one of those on the whim trips and our normal location was booked up. So we looked at a few of the hotels in the area and most were booked as well. So while standing in the parking lot of the clarion we spied the park grove and decided to check it out. Well i can say that we were pleasantly surprised by the spacious room. We had a king suite on the top floor and the view was ok and the balcony was a great to have. There was a fireplace in the room and it was clean and bed was fine and the comforter was the best. The front desk staff (Larry/Jerry/Kenneth) were all top notch and super helpful and friendly. We were only going to stay overnight but due to the great staff and accommodations we ended up staying several more days. We also met the manager who was just as friendly and courteous as his front desk staff. The only reason i did not give this a five star is for the indoor pool. the water was very murky and highly chlorinated and from reviewing other posts this has been an issue for awhile. The breakfast could be a little better in the morning with some type of meat offered but what they had works for basic breakfast and no complaints just a suggestion on that part. Will definitely stay again and recommend this to friends and family. Also we looked at the other room options and the dbl room and kitchenette both were very nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Montgomery, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

The breakfast was OK no meat. The room was fair for the price. My cousin bed had to be remade bedding smelled. The staff was very friendly n helpful. The out door pool was OK but the indoor pool smelled.July 16-19, 2013 was a nice little trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
callaway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were there from July 6, 2013 to July 10 and we could not have ask for a cleaner or friendlier hotel. The indoor pool was reeking of chlorine and the water was very muggy so we chose not to enter, The breakfast bar was very clean and well organized but not suitable for a diabetic, seems no one ever considers that, maybe some boiled eggs or fresh fruit would be considered. The beds were my only real issue I could have slept better on the floor. The desk manager offered to move us but we were told the same mattress was in all the rooms so what was the point. The price was very good. The only reason we want stay again is the bed issue. Could not ask to have been treated any nicer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank linda s
Greensboro, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel June 29-July 3. Everything was really nice. No problems and no complaints. The room was quite spacious with small frig and microwave. We enjoyed sitting out on balcony and watching traffic as our room faced the street. Looking forward to visiting the area again and will definitely stay here!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Monroe, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel. Nothing fancy. Have stayed 2 years in a row in the month of August. Rooms in need of updating wallpaper, carpet and taking care of water ceiling stains. Stayed in the two bedroom suite each time. Loved this option! Inside pool smelled of pure chlorine, which usually means not enough added. Overall, would just give this hotel an average rating. Chose not to stay there again this month due to other reviews added this year stating the hotel is still in need of updates.

• Stayed August 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I visited the Park Grove Inn with my husband on July 5 and July 6, 2013. The first comment I have is when I called for the reservation they quoted me and price and when I went to check out on Sunday, July 7, it was $10 more. When I told them they looked and all of the sudden they came up with the lower price. The room we had had two queen beds and a flat screen TV and bath, the shower was nice, but the bathroom was old and in need of a refurbishing. I noticed when the tissues ran out, they never replaced them. They never picked up the first night's towels which I had left on the floor and by the time we left on Sunday morning we had all the dirty towels sitting in the bathroom, which is small enough. The inside pool was dark green and they tried to say the PH level was fine.( It was raining so we could not get to the outside pool) I was not taking a chance using the inside because it looked as though they did not run it enough. There was an odd aroma in the hallways, and I don't know what it was. The hallways were very cold. The best part is the gourmet breakfast they advertised. Everything was cold. They made french toast and had it on a shelf in a close enclosure. You had to heat this and it was tasteless. The coffee was horrible. They had no kind of fruit, eggs, bacon or sausage. They had some kind of fruit, which was cut up, it could have been frozen, which had a strange taste. They had a waffle maker, but the waffles were tasteless. I finally had a frozen blueberry bagel, which I ate for two days in a row. To top this all off they had a tip jar. It was self serve. Why a tip? Shame Shame on them.Whenever you called the front desk, no one ever answered. I called from the outside when I was out and left a message for my husband, and he never got it. I would definite not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple